Congressional Payouts For Sexual Harassment Settlements For The Last 20 Years
[Image: 157owhd.jpg]
11-17-2017 02:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
RE: Congressional Payouts For Sexual Harassment Settlements For The Last 20 Years
Why is this secret. I swear we need to kick em all out and start over. The best and brightest aren't in Congress.
11-17-2017 03:02 PM
q5sys Offline
1st String

I Root For: MIT & USAFA
RE: Congressional Payouts For Sexual Harassment Settlements For The Last 20 Years
Can you link to his actual post so we don't have to go searching for it? You obviously already found it since you posted it here, it'd be nice if you'd also give us a link so we can pass along more than a jpg which people can dismiss because it's easy to edit photos.
11-17-2017 03:05 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
Boy, the claims office was busy as hell in 2007.
11-17-2017 03:12 PM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
(11-17-2017 03:05 PM)q5sys Wrote:  Can you link to his actual post so we don't have to go searching for it? You obviously already found it since you posted it here, it'd be nice if you'd also give us a link so we can pass along more than a jpg which people can dismiss because it's easy to edit photos.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/16/congre...ttlements/

In researching this, the settlements listed are not just for sexual harassment. Here is a link to the actual government release.

https://www.compliance.gov/sites/default...iation.pdf
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2017 03:31 PM by usmbacker.)
11-17-2017 03:28 PM
Advertisement

EverRespect Online
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
This is why Trump is awesome. This would never be a topic of discussion after the Roy Moore smear 2 years ago. He (or his supporters) has a way of turning things around on the swamp after the swamp strikes first. With social media, there is a new paradigm. Mainstream media has no influence anymore.
11-17-2017 03:28 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
(11-17-2017 03:02 PM)shere khan Wrote:  Why is this secret. I swear we need to kick em all out and start over. The best and brightest aren't in Congress.

There is a statute in place that mandates confidentiality of all claims and mandates multiple levels of mediation.

Even a lawsuit is not public and is sealed.

Passed in the 90's by...you guessed it.
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2017 03:32 PM by rath v2.0.)
11-17-2017 03:31 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(11-17-2017 03:02 PM)shere khan Wrote:  Why is this secret. I swear we need to kick em all out and start over. The best and brightest aren't in Congress.

term limits AND a pay scale relevant to a college football coach sounds like a good start to me.....

toss in subsequent transparency across the board, and it could be really good.....

the current design is outdated based on how the USD currently works........you have to be blind, dumb, and stupid not to see that staring in ze mirror (generally speaking.....not you)
11-17-2017 03:37 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Quote:Currently, if a congressional staffer wants to file a formal complaint -- they must first go through a lengthy, multi-tiered process that could drag out over months before an official complaint can even be formally lodged.

The accuser must first engage in 30 days of counseling with a legal counselor in the Office of Compliance. After 30 days, they can choose to go into mediation with a representative within the office with whom they're lodging complaint against. That mediation would last at least 30 days. When mediation is finished, the accuser must wait 30 days -- but not wait longer than 90 days.

It is only then, after those steps, could the accuser officially file a formal complaint and pursue a hearing either with the Office of Compliance or Federal District Court, but not both.
11-17-2017 03:39 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(11-17-2017 03:39 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  
Quote:Currently, if a congressional staffer wants to file a formal complaint -- they must first go through a lengthy, multi-tiered process that could drag out over months before an official complaint can even be formally lodged.

The accuser must first engage in 30 days of counseling with a legal counselor in the Office of Compliance. After 30 days, they can choose to go into mediation with a representative within the office with whom they're lodging complaint against. That mediation would last at least 30 days. When mediation is finished, the accuser must wait 30 days -- but not wait longer than 90 days.

It is only then, after those steps, could the accuser officially file a formal complaint and pursue a hearing either with the Office of Compliance or Federal District Court, but not both.

I have no clue why the "finga" was the only 'response' during my exit interview......still lmfao......
11-17-2017 03:44 PM
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Buffalo
(11-17-2017 03:12 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Boy, the claims office was busy as hell in 2007.

Hmmm which party took over the house in a big way that session...

I kid, i kid...
11-17-2017 04:44 PM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
Find your senators and representative here: https://whoismyrepresentative.com/

Call them and demand that the congressional members who used any $$$ from this fund be identified immediately.
11-17-2017 04:44 PM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

(11-17-2017 04:44 PM)umbluegray Wrote:  Find your senators and representative here: https://whoismyrepresentative.com/

Call them and demand that the congressional members who used any $$$ from this fund be identified immediately.

Unfortunately, TN has 2 RINO senators: Lamar Alexander and Bob Corker. I seriously doubt these bums care about anything but protecting the Swamp.

However, David Kustoff is a 1st term representative. He personally wouldn't have tapped into any of that money yet (I assume) so he should be ok with it.

This is the script I'm going to read when I call each of them:

Quote:As I'm sure you're aware, on Wednesday, November 15, 2017, the Congressional Office Of Compliance (OOC) released a year-by-year breakdown of harassment settlements, including the $17 million awarded to victims throughout the past decade.

Given that these amounts were paid with tax-payer money I demand the records to be opened so that we the tax-payers know which of our elected officials have been accused of sexual harassment.

Given the current state of congress appearing sensitive to sexual harassment claims to the point of threatening action against members or future members I expect integrity rather than hypocrisy from sitting congressional members to demand justice rather than allowing past sexual harassment claims to go unpunished.
11-17-2017 05:00 PM
Advertisement

umbluegray Offline
Legend

(11-17-2017 05:00 PM)umbluegray Wrote:  
(11-17-2017 04:44 PM)umbluegray Wrote:  Find your senators and representative here: https://whoismyrepresentative.com/

Unfortunately, TN has 2 RINO senators: Lamar Alexander and Bob Corker. I seriously doubt these bums care about anything but protecting the Swamp.

However, David Kustoff is a 1st term representative. He personally wouldn't have tapped into any of that money yet (I assume) so he should be ok with it.

This is the script I'm going to read when I call each of them:

Quote:As I'm sure you're aware, on Wednesday, November 15, 2017, the Congressional Office Of Compliance (OOC) released a year-by-year breakdown of harassment settlements, including the $17 million awarded to victims throughout the past decade.

Given that these amounts were paid with tax-payer money I demand the records to be opened so that we the tax-payers know which of our elected officials have been accused of sexual harassment.

Given the current state of congress appearing sensitive to sexual harassment claims to the point of threatening action against members or future members I expect integrity rather than hypocrisy from sitting congressional members to demand justice rather than allowing past sexual harassment claims to go unpunished.

Actually, before I read the script I'm going to ask where (fill in the blank) stands regarding the Roy Moore situation.

I assume they'll spout off something about "taking allegations seriously yada yada yada". Then I'll say, "Great! And given that..." and flow into the script.

See ya in a few. I've got 6 calls to make.
11-17-2017 05:14 PM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

Darn it. As it turns out the DC offices are already closed. I realized that when I saw it was after 4:00 local time in Memphis.

Nobody answered at Alenxander's Memphis office.

A woman answered at Corker's Memphis office but she was indifferent.

A man answered at Kustoff's Memphis office. He took my information and I could hear him typing as I spoke. He summarily repeated my statements, said he would send that to the DC office and thanked me for calling.

Which of those 3 are long-term incumbents and which are 1st term-ers?
11-17-2017 05:28 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane

This absolutely shameful. Name everyone on the list and make them pay the government every dime back.
11-17-2017 05:51 PM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

(11-17-2017 05:51 PM)shere khan Wrote:  

This absolutely shameful. Name everyone on the list and make them pay the government every dime back.

Plus interest.

And if they're an active member of Congress they should be kicked out immediately.
11-17-2017 05:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.