Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Jerry Richardson latest to be accused, selling the Panthers
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
Jerry Richardson latest to be accused, selling the Panthers
Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson is the latest person to be accused of sexual harassment, and the 81 year old is now selling the team he has owned since they joined the NFL as an expansion team. Richardson is a pretty prominent Republican donor, but I wasn't going to mention this because quite frankly we're just getting 1 or 2 new stories a day and it's all a bit too much.

However, now I see Sean Diddy Combs wants to buy the team and if he does, one of the first things he would do is sign Colin Kaepernick. That would be an interesting twist, to say the least.
12-18-2017 06:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

I Root For: The Kingdom
RE: Jerry Richardson latest to be accused, selling the Panthers
(12-18-2017 06:49 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson is the latest person to be accused of sexual harassment, and the 81 year old is now selling the team he has owned since they joined the NFL as an expansion team. Richardson is a pretty prominent Republican donor, but I wasn't going to mention this because quite frankly we're just getting 1 or 2 new stories a day and it's all a bit too much.

However, now I see Sean Diddy Combs wants to buy the team and if he does, one of the first things he would do is sign Colin Kaepernick.
That would be an interesting twist, to say the least.

That is serious red flag and a clear first sign he would be a terrible owner (wasting roster spots over politics instead of football). Teams struggle badly deciding how to fill out the 53 week by week, and now this idiot wants to waste a spot for the sake of politics?

The panthers have no need of a QB. They have one of the most talented and durable QB's in the game who is in his prime.

If I was a panther fan, I would be really worried about Puffy buying my team. Moronic ownership can ruin a franchise, and the panthers have been a well run organization the last several years. The Dolphins got into celebrity ownership 10+ years ago. How has that worked out for them since then?

If they have to sell, they need to find a football savvy owner or owners who are smart enough to know they need to hire others to make those football decisions for them.
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2017 07:30 AM by ericsrevenge76.)
12-18-2017 07:22 AM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
People need to understand that Jerry only owns 48% of the team. Maybe the other buyers decide they want to cash out and sell as well, but for all we know right now. Jerry is selling his share. The other 52% is owned by a combination of family members and wealthy charlotte/Carolina business people. I think a Charlotte or Carolina investor will ultimately buy his share.
12-18-2017 07:36 AM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
(12-18-2017 07:22 AM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  
(12-18-2017 06:49 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson is the latest person to be accused of sexual harassment, and the 81 year old is now selling the team he has owned since they joined the NFL as an expansion team. Richardson is a pretty prominent Republican donor, but I wasn't going to mention this because quite frankly we're just getting 1 or 2 new stories a day and it's all a bit too much.

However, now I see Sean Diddy Combs wants to buy the team and if he does, one of the first things he would do is sign Colin Kaepernick.

That is serious red flag and a clear first sign he would be a terrible owner (wasting roster spots over politics instead of football). Teams struggle badly deciding how to fill out the 53 week by week, and now this idiot wants to waste a spot for the sake of politics?

The panthers have no need of a QB. They have one of the most talented and durable QB's in the game who is in his prime.

If I was a panther fan, I would be really worried about Puffy buying my team. Moronic ownership can ruin a franchise, and the panthers have been a well run organization the last several years. The Dolphins got into celebrity ownership 10+ years ago. How has that worked out for them since then?

If they have to sell, they need to find a football savvy owner or owners who are smart enough to know they need to hire others to make those football decisions for them.

Thanks, I was going to use that Dolphin example of Celeb ownership being a total failure. Most musicians have No clue about sports.
12-18-2017 07:59 AM
Advertisement

Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
P Diddy ain't been accused yet?
12-18-2017 08:13 AM
ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

(12-18-2017 07:36 AM)Niner National Wrote:  People need to understand that Jerry only owns 48% of the team. Maybe the other buyers decide they want to cash out and sell as well, but for all we know right now. Jerry is selling his share. The other 52% is owned by a combination of family members and wealthy charlotte/Carolina business people. I think a Charlotte or Carolina investor will ultimately buy his share.

If that is true then P Diddy already isn't aware he would only be a minority owner who won't be signing players.

How much evidence is need that he is out of his depth here?
12-18-2017 08:26 AM
ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

(12-18-2017 07:59 AM)CardFan1 Wrote:  
(12-18-2017 07:22 AM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  

Thanks, I was going to use that Dolphin example of Celeb ownership being a total failure. Most musicians have No clue about sports.

Yep

What is even stranger about the dolphins is they have managed to put together several strong drafts and have a lot of young talent, but they continue to squander it year after year.

Anyone who watched them spank the patriots last week could see its a team with a lot of potential and talent.

And they are going nowhere yet again this year.
12-18-2017 08:31 AM
Advertisement

fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Richarson will sell to someone not only bright but also someone who will keep the team there.
12-18-2017 09:42 AM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
Hopefully the new ownership team calls the team by it's rightful name....the CHARLOTTE Panthers.
12-18-2017 09:45 AM
ODU BLUE Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU
Buy low, sell high. Might be a good time to unload a NFL franchise? Buyer beware.
12-26-2017 11:01 AM
Advertisement

ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
(12-18-2017 09:45 AM)Kaplony Wrote:  Hopefully the new ownership team calls the team by it's rightful name....the CHARLOTTE Panthers.

How do you figure?

They make a real effort to reach out to South Carolina, and they have a huge following throughout NC. I mean, they hold training camp at Wofford.
12-26-2017 11:05 AM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(12-26-2017 11:05 AM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  
(12-18-2017 09:45 AM)Kaplony Wrote:  Hopefully the new ownership team calls the team by it's rightful name....the CHARLOTTE Panthers.

How do you figure?

They make a real effort to reach out to South Carolina, and they have a huge following throughout NC. I mean, they hold training camp at Wofford.

They hold training camp at Wofford so that Richardson could benefit from the money he donated to Wofford to upgrade facilities. Pretty good deal...donate the money, get a tax write off, your football team gets nice facilities for summer camp.

And the economic impact of the Charlotte Panthers training camp ($13.25 million) is only slightly more than one Clemson home football game ($10.3 million).

As for the outreach........where in SC have they made an effort?
12-26-2017 11:40 AM
ODU BLUE Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU
Buying a team now is like buying a stock at its peak. Very risky.
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2017 01:15 PM by ODU BLUE.)
12-26-2017 01:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.