Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ohio Valley on Roku but not CUSA
Bookmark and Share
Hilltop75 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WKU
Ohio Valley on Roku but not CUSA
Rather interesting WKU played Austin Peay from
The ovc. The broadcast was free and they have their network on Roku so I can watch on my big screen.

Why does the ovc have a better gaming viewing option than CUSA

Good Job Commish
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2017 12:42 AM by Hilltop75.)
12-23-2017 12:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rabonchild Offline
1st String

I Root For: Charlotte
RE: Ohio Valley on Roku but not CUSA
(12-23-2017 12:42 AM)Hilltop75 Wrote:  Rather interesting WKU played Austin Peay from
The ovc. The broadcast was free and they have their network on Roku so I can watch on my big screen.

Good Job Commish

CAA also had or has a Roku channel too. We are without excuses except leadership.
12-23-2017 09:16 AM
herdfan129 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall & Liberty
Yep. I have their Roku channel as well.

The leadership in this conference (this includes our ADs) are a complete joke.
12-23-2017 09:20 AM
CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY
Judy MacLeod makes Karl Benson look like a god.
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2017 09:42 AM by CardinalBlackTrojan.)
12-23-2017 09:41 AM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
(12-23-2017 12:42 AM)Hilltop75 Wrote:  Rather interesting WKU played Austin Peay from

Good Job Commish

OVC also has a female commish. She does a great job, from what I've seen from afar.
12-23-2017 10:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SethManKA1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Southern Miss
I would contact CUSA and let them know...seriously. I have direct tv and Roku. Tell them to look into it. I know it may or may not help but still I agree we need to get on Roku. Erika is the marketing and branding person at CUSA. Everyone contact her. Here is her email:erikaah@sbcglobal.net

I have already emailed her about it.
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2017 04:08 PM by SethManKA1.)
12-23-2017 04:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rabonchild Offline
1st String

I think having a designated Roku channel would be helpful in that (1) all our fans would know exactly where to go to follow the conference news, (2) games, & (3) where to go to watch conference games on Direct tv, Cable & what ever that other one is.

Every basketball game (men & womens) should be on our Roku channel, as well as every (baseball & softball) game and every football game where the school is willing to invest in a quality TV capability.

We should depend on Roku for our conference games not shown on regular TV and the regular TV games to reach the out side world.
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2017 04:52 PM by Rabonchild.)
12-23-2017 04:45 PM
Raider_Lope Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GCU, MTSU
(12-23-2017 04:45 PM)Rabonchild Wrote:  I think having a designated Roku channel would be helpful in that (1) all our fans would know exactly where to go to follow the conference news, (2) games, & (3) where to go to watch conference games on Direct tv, Cable & what ever that other one is.

Every basketball game (men & womens) should be on our Roku channel, as well as every (baseball & softball) game and every football game where the school is willing to invest in a quality TV capability.

We should depend on Roku for our conference games not shown on regular TV and the regular TV games to reach the out side world.

Some of the schools work with WatchESPN to put games on ESPN 3, so long as they are produced by the school. Many of MTSUs football games are on ESPN 3, and I watch it on Roku. Another team I follow, Grand Canyon out of the WAC, does the same thing. They invested heavily in a highly professional production crew. They also livestream all their games through YouTube and Cox cable subscribers see it on YurView. Not to mention, the WAC is much smaller than CUSA, and they have a pretty decent WAC digital network with reliable streaming.

I agree. CUSA is missing out on promoting our programs and schools by ignoring a growing online audience.
12-23-2017 05:19 PM
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!
Yeah, I really like the OVC digital channel. The quality is surprisingly good. It looks like they use local announcers to save cost (don't have to fly anyone to the game and put them up in a hotel), they mentioned that they use student volunteers for the crew so the costs are nominal.

The result is quite good.
12-23-2017 06:36 PM
HogDawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LA Tech
(12-23-2017 09:41 AM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  Judy MacLeod makes Karl Benson look like a god.

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao 04-cheers
12-24-2017 06:21 PM
jcduncan13 Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
Does the conference really make much off of CUSAtv? We all need to at least be on espn3 which would mean each school needs to invest more money into their visual and audio of games. Especially my school. It’s awful.
12-24-2017 07:50 PM
Advertisement

ODU2017 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Old Dominion University
(12-23-2017 04:00 PM)SethManKA1 Wrote:  I would contact CUSA and let them know...seriously. I have direct tv and Roku. Tell them to look into it. I know it may or may not help but still I agree we need to get on Roku. Erika is the marketing and branding person at CUSA. Everyone contact her. Here is her email:erikaah@sbcglobal.net

I have already emailed her about it.
Emailed. ESPN might be hanging around in 5 years but will be a shadow of what it is now. We need to be preparing for the future and the future is content creators owning their own distribution.

No middlemen.

Sent from my SM-G930F using CSNbbs mobile app
12-24-2017 08:08 PM
herdfan129 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall & Liberty
I just sent an email as well. I will let you know if I get a response.
12-24-2017 10:12 PM
SethManKA1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Southern Miss
Good job guys. I emailed her as well. If you get any updates please share.
12-26-2017 12:32 AM
ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
I e-mailed her today and suggested the conference join up with ROKU like the CAA and OVC have done, or get an agreement with ESPN3 for the conference involving numerous sports (basketball, baseball, etc.).
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2017 07:24 PM by ODU BBALL.)
12-26-2017 07:24 PM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
The OVC Network is better than most ESPN3 broadcasts...Quality was awesome, I don't listen to the announcers for any of these games, I always listen to WKU's own radio network...
12-27-2017 08:34 AM
Advertisement

ODU_NYG Offline
All American

I Root For: ODU
I emailed CUSA.tv a while ago (before basketball season started) and got an email back saying that they are waiting on Roku's approval. I believe I posted the email exchange on here, but not sure which thread its on.
12-27-2017 10:14 AM
Rabonchild Offline
1st String

KlowdTV.com maybe the solution to a conferenceUSA Channel.
12-31-2017 03:06 PM
Old Dominion Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
Forgive me for asking, but after looking over their channel selection and especially their very biased news channel, why would anyone pay $8 a month for this??
12-31-2017 03:23 PM
Rabonchild Offline
1st String

(12-31-2017 03:23 PM)Old Dominion Wrote:  Forgive me for asking, but after looking over their channel selection and especially their very biased news channel, why would anyone pay $8 a month for this??

To watch my team and conference on a channel dedicated us. We can’t get on ESPN, FOX, ABC, NBC, ABC or CBS or any of the other alphabets and we run around like rats chasing cheese trying to find our teams on odd channels.

I pay $180 per month to watch games on carriers that provide fake news all the time and it doesn’t bother me. It appears the quality of the product is good to the eye and it would be up to us to develop our channel to watch our teams when we want.
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2017 05:46 PM by Rabonchild.)
12-31-2017 05:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.