Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

With Alabama making the playoff ND looks to shift priorities
Bookmark and Share
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
With Alabama making the playoff ND looks to shift priorities
Looks like ND is farther away from joining the ACC because of the 13th data point reduced status:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21920...g-strategy

From the link:

We thought the 13th [data] point was really important, right? But that doesn't seem to be that important anymore.

"It seems like the goal posts shift and move a little bit as it comes to how you get in, and this schedule is really, really difficult."
[/u]
01-01-2018 09:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

jaminandjachin Offline
All American

I Root For: UNC
RE: With Alabama making the playoff ND looks to shift priorities
13th data point only becomes important when comparing similar teams. The committee didn't think a 2-loss Ohio State team that lost by 31 to Iowa was similar enough to a 1-loss Alabama team that lost its last game of the regular season.

ND has already jimmy rigged it's ACC schedule. However, Notre didn't account for the ACC getting better at football this quickly when they signed the agreement. Richt wasn't at Miami. Fuente wasn't at VT. Dabo was just getting started at Clemson. The ACC is light years better now than it was 5 years ago.
01-01-2018 09:25 AM
ken d Offline
Heisman

I Root For: college sports
(01-01-2018 09:01 AM)Dasville Wrote:  Looks like ND is farther away from joining the ACC because of the 13th data point reduced status:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21920...g-strategy

From the link:

We thought the 13th [data] point was really important, right? But that doesn't seem to be that important anymore.

"It seems like the goal posts shift and move a little bit as it comes to how you get in, and this schedule is really, really difficult."
[/u]

It's hard to imagine how ND could be any further away from joining the ACC in football than they already are.
01-01-2018 09:38 AM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

So ND is going to weaken its schedule. Most likely adding another NBC game? I guess it’s good they care about Bowls and Playoffs.
01-01-2018 09:56 AM

jaminandjachin Offline
All American

(01-01-2018 09:56 AM)Dasville Wrote:  So ND is going to weaken its schedule. Most likely adding another NBC game? I guess it’s good they care about Bowls and Playoffs.

It sounded more like they want to shift the games around to space out their harder games.
01-01-2018 10:13 AM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

(01-01-2018 10:13 AM)jaminandjachin Wrote:  
(01-01-2018 09:56 AM)Dasville Wrote:  So ND is going to weaken its schedule. Most likely adding another NBC game? I guess it’s good they care about Bowls and Playoffs.

It sounded more like they want to shift the games around to space out their harder games.

Who doesn’t?
01-01-2018 10:23 AM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

It might not be just a rearrangement. With this comment by Kelly from the link:

” So if you win 'em all, they can't be mad at you. We've got to play our five ACC schools, so you can't have everything."

ACC games are the only ones he committed to playing. I think there might be more on the table than just arranging.
07-coffee3
01-01-2018 11:20 AM

Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(01-01-2018 11:20 AM)Dasville Wrote:  It might not be just a rearrangement. With this comment by Kelly from the link:

” So if you win 'em all, they can't be mad at you. We've got to play our five ACC schools, so you can't have everything."

ACC games are the only ones he committed to playing. I think there might be more on the table than just arranging.
07-coffee3

Maybe they should drop Stanford?
01-01-2018 11:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jaminandjachin Offline
All American

I doubt they'd give up Stanford, USC, and Navy. Add in the 5 ACC games that gives them 4 to play with. ND's schedule is already set through 2020. I don't know how much they can do other than........join the ACC.
01-01-2018 11:30 AM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

UCF went undefeated. I wonder if they had played 4 P5 teams and still went undefeated and won their CCG if they would have made the playoffs? If ND went undefeated and played only 7P5 teams would they have made the playoffs?
I think so.
01-01-2018 12:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2018 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.