Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Truth must be told
Rube Dali Offline
1st String

I Root For: UST, BSU, Minn
Truth must be told
SEC >acc, b1g, bxii and pac-12 COMBINED. That is all.
01-02-2018 12:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
RE: Truth must be told
+3

SEC! SEC! SEC!
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2018 12:25 AM by HeartOfDixie.)
01-02-2018 12:19 AM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Home of the quality loss champions of 2018. should be the *championship..
01-02-2018 12:30 AM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(01-02-2018 12:19 AM)Rube Dali Wrote:  SEC >acc, b1g, bxii and pac-12 COMBINED. That is all.

Not so sure about that, but Georgia and Alabama winning sure did shore up what was a battered bowl season for the SEC.
01-02-2018 05:54 AM
curtis0620 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Pitt
Actually:

UCF > sec, acc, b1g, b12, pac12
01-02-2018 08:31 AM
BadgerMJ Offline
All American

I Root For: Wisconsin / ND
(01-02-2018 12:19 AM)Rube Dali Wrote:  SEC >acc, b1g, bxii and pac-12 COMBINED. That is all.

DOes the term top heavy mean anything to you?

Maybe at the very top that's true, but top to bottom, I think the B1G and ACC are better.
01-02-2018 08:35 AM
Advertisement

quo vadis Offline
Legend

(01-02-2018 08:35 AM)BadgerMJ Wrote:  

Maybe at the very top that's true, but top to bottom, I think the B1G and ACC are better.

The SEC and B1G played two bowl games, NW barely squeaked by Kentucky while South Carolina dumped Michigan despite the B1G teams being big favorites in both. That doesn't speak to Big 10 middle-strength over the SEC.

The ACC? Wake Forest squeaked by TAMU while Louisville lost to Mississippi State, again, not much decisive there.
01-02-2018 09:03 AM
BadgerMJ Offline
All American

(01-02-2018 09:03 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  

The SEC and B1G played two bowl games, NW barely squeaked by Kentucky while South Carolina dumped Michigan despite the B1G teams being big favorites in both. That doesn't speak to Big 10 middle-strength over the SEC.

The ACC? Wake Forest squeaked by TAMU while Louisville lost to Mississippi State, again, not much decisive there.

OK, let's be honest, Michigan flat out choked. They gave that game to SC. Either way, a barely lost is the same as a barely won.... Both register the same in the record book.

But if we're going to cherry pick, Missouri got their asses kicked by a 6-6 Texas team, LSU got beat by ND, and the conference "runner up" got beat by UCF. That doesn't speak the the strength of the mid SEC schools either.

Bottom line is that while GA and Bama are the cream of the crop, after that if falls off a cliff. The B1G is much more well rounded.
01-02-2018 10:03 AM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

(01-02-2018 10:03 AM)BadgerMJ Wrote:  

OK, let's be honest, Michigan flat out choked. They gave that game to SC. Either way, a barely lost is the same as a barely won.... Both register the same in the record book.

But if we're going to cherry pick, Missouri got their asses kicked by a 6-6 Texas team, LSU got beat by ND, and the conference "runner up" got beat by UCF. That doesn't speak the the strength of the mid SEC schools either.

Bottom line is that while GA and Bama are the cream of the crop, after that if falls off a cliff. The B1G is much more well rounded.

As you say, bottom line is the final score. But if we are going to be honest:

1) Missouri didn't get dominated by Texas. Missouri out-gained Texas 390 yards to 280 yards. Texas won because Missouri committed 4 turnovers to 0 for Texas and more penalties as well. More of a Missouri give-away than a Texas rout.

2) LSU lost to ND in the last minute on a great pass play, again, LSU out-gained Notre Dame, and had the ball 37 minutes to 22 minutes, but bungled chances at the Irish goal line. This was #17 losing to #14 in a very close game, no shame in that.

3) Auburn had more yards, more first downs, and 10 more minutes with the ball, UCF won because of turnovers and penalties, in a game that was their super bowl and AU couldn't care less about.

You can easily argue that the SEC team was better in all three games but lost because of self-inflicted wounds.

Like you say, a loss is a loss, but those losses hardly showed the SEC "falling off a cliff" after UGA and Alabama.
01-02-2018 10:27 AM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(01-02-2018 12:19 AM)Rube Dali Wrote:  SEC >acc, b1g, bxii and pac-12 COMBINED. That is all. FAKE NEWS REPORT OF THE DAY.

UCF > sec
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2018 10:38 AM by goodknightfl.)
01-02-2018 10:36 AM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-02-2018 10:36 AM)goodknightfl Wrote:  
(01-02-2018 12:19 AM)Rube Dali Wrote:  SEC >acc, b1g, bxii and pac-12 COMBINED. That is all. FAKE NEWS REPORT OF THE DAY.

UCF > sec

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
01-02-2018 10:42 AM
Advertisement

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-02-2018 10:27 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  

1) Missouri didn't get dominated by Texas. Missouri out-gained Texas 390 yards to 280 yards. Texas won because Missouri committed 4 turnovers to 0 for Texas and more penalties as well. More of a Missouri give-away than a Texas rout.

2) LSU lost to ND in the last minute on a great pass play, again, LSU out-gained Notre Dame, and had the ball 37 minutes to 22 minutes, but bungled chances at the Irish goal line. This was #17 losing to #14 in a very close game, no shame in that.

3) Auburn had more yards, more first downs, and 10 more minutes with the ball, UCF won because of turnovers and penalties, in a game that was their super bowl and AU couldn't care less about.

You can easily argue that the SEC team was better in all three games but lost because of self-inflicted wounds.

Like you say, a loss is a loss, but those losses hardly showed the SEC "falling off a cliff" after UGA and Alabama.

This is a good point.

This was a disappointment for Auburn to land in that game.
01-02-2018 10:44 AM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

(01-02-2018 10:44 AM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  
(01-02-2018 08:35 AM)BadgerMJ Wrote:  DOes the term top heavy mean anything to you?

This is a good point.

No team has ever lost more on CCG Saturday than Auburn. Not only did they lose the CCG and a spot in the playoffs, but they then had to sit back and watch two of the teams they beat, not just beat but dominated, and their two biggest historical rivals to boot, get in to the playoffs?

A double kick to the teeth.
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2018 10:55 AM by quo vadis.)
01-02-2018 10:54 AM
BadgerMJ Offline
All American

You're absolutely right, if you look at the stats they tell a different story. Unfortunately turnovers and penalties are just as much a part of the game as yards gained. There have been plenty of teams who've run it up and down the field only to lose the game because they couldn't hold on to the football or played dumb.

It's like NASCAR, who leads the most laps doesn't matter as much as leading the last lap.......
01-02-2018 11:47 AM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

(01-02-2018 11:47 AM)BadgerMJ Wrote:  
(01-02-2018 08:35 AM)BadgerMJ Wrote:  DOes the term top heavy mean anything to you?

You're absolutely right, if you look at the stats they tell a different story. Unfortunately turnovers and penalties are just as much a part of the game as yards gained. There have been plenty of teams who've run it up and down the field only to lose the game because they couldn't hold on to the football or played dumb.

I agree. But when a team loses by dumb mistakes, we usually don't say the other team 'dominated' them, etc. Domination is what Navy did to Virginia or Louisiana Tech did to SMU. That's all i was saying.
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2018 11:56 AM by quo vadis.)
01-02-2018 11:55 AM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(01-02-2018 10:42 AM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  

UCF > sec

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

UA's next football victory over UCF will be its first victory.. 0-1
go away little man with your FAKE NEWS CHAMPIONSHIP
01-02-2018 01:19 PM
Advertisement

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-02-2018 01:19 PM)goodknightfl Wrote:  
(01-02-2018 10:42 AM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  

UCF > sec

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

UA's next football victory over UCF will be its first victory.. 0-1
go away little man with your FAKE NEWS CHAMPIONSHIP

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
01-02-2018 01:21 PM
TrojanCampaign Offline
All American

I Root For: USC, AAMU,

This is a good point.

Auburn sure did not look disappointed during that game.
01-02-2018 01:40 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(01-02-2018 01:40 PM)TrojanCampaign Wrote:  
(01-02-2018 09:03 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  The SEC and B1G played two bowl games, NW barely squeaked by Kentucky while South Carolina dumped Michigan despite the B1G teams being big favorites in both. That doesn't speak to Big 10 middle-strength over the SEC.

This is a good point.

Until they lost lol.

Even if they were disappointed, it is not an excuse for losing. If they were that good, they would have won the game anyway.
01-02-2018 02:09 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-02-2018 02:09 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  
(01-02-2018 01:40 PM)TrojanCampaign Wrote:  
(01-02-2018 10:03 AM)BadgerMJ Wrote:  OK, let's be honest, Michigan flat out choked. They gave that game to SC. Either way, a barely lost is the same as a barely won.... Both register the same in the record book.

This is a good point.

Until they lost lol.

Even if they were disappointed, it is not an excuse for losing. If they were that good, they would have won the game anyway.

Well, and nobody said UCF wasn't good.
01-02-2018 02:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.