Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Laughable College Basketball Scores - Week 8 (January 1-7)
Wedge Offline

I Root For: California
Laughable College Basketball Scores - Week 8 (January 1-7)
A few top 25 upsets on Tuesday...

(18) Texas Tech 85
(10) Kansas 73

Florida 83
(11) Texas A&M 66

(22) Arkansas 75
Miss. State 78

Auburn 94
(23) Tennessee 84

Also, Louisville beat Pitt 77-51, in a non-upset, noteworthy only for the response of Pitt's head coach to Louisville fans who were heckling Pitt's team...

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketb...y-our-guys
Quote:Stallings turned to fans at Louisville's KFC Yum! Center and said, "At least we didn't pay our guys $100,000" and "We didn't pay our guys 100 grand, though," according to a recording provided by WHAS reporter Whitney Harding.
01-03-2018 03:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

IWokeUpLikeThis Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
RE: Laughable College Basketball Scores - Week 8 (January 1-7)
LOL at Stallings. Wish there was video.

Preseason-17 Northwestern got firebombed in Rosemont by Nebraska. They might not finish top 100 despite returning all but 1 from last year.
01-03-2018 03:58 AM
The Cutter of Bish Offline
Heisman

I Root For: the little guy
I would have added Vandy besting Bama. Bama's numbers were pretty good.

SEC is going to make the committee's job a living ****. The P6 version of that MVC year with many statistical giants, but aren't some just paper lions? Something like 9 teams in the RPI Top 50, 8 in KenPom Top 50, and it's like 10 or 11 different teams featured between the two.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2018 11:44 AM by The Cutter of Bish.)
01-03-2018 11:38 AM
Wedge Offline

I Root For: California
Wednesday upsets, mild upsets, two ranked teams losing on the road.

(12) North Carolina 80
(24) Florida State 81

(15) Miami 54
Georgia Tech 64
01-04-2018 01:37 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
I think a big upset for the A10 again-
Dayton beats St Bonaventure 82-72. SB can't afford many slip ups this year in conference play. Anything worse than 13-5 in conference play and they're done.
01-04-2018 01:43 PM
RandomFan Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Mid-Majors
Colorado 90
#4 Arizona St 81
Final OT
01-04-2018 10:57 PM
Advertisement

C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I Root For: Houston, PVAMU
Wow, Arizona State is that good?
01-05-2018 04:05 AM
IWokeUpLikeThis Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-05-2018 04:05 AM)_C2_ Wrote:  Wow, Arizona State is that good?

I went to an ASU game over XMas break. Beating Pacific by 40 and Bobby Hurley was purple imploding at refs for every minor call. Hope karma bites his career.
01-05-2018 04:11 AM
Heisman

I found the final a bit silly...

(1) Michigan State 91
Maryland 61

UMD is probably a tournament team. Beating up statistically inflated Big Ten teams like Penn State will definitely pay off for them or any middling major conference team...but this is one of those scores to remember. See Maryland against anyone (except maybe Butler) in the bracket, pick the other team.

Temple's yet to win one on this grueling stretch, falling to Cincy by two because the coach gets a technical for acting like a dink. They've now fallen to Tulane, Houston, and Cincy, and have to travel to UCF and SMU next week before "settling down" with Memphis.

FWIW, Tulane is proving to be one of those in the top half of the conference, besting SMU last night.

UNI drops again, this time to MoState. Mo is 13-3...62 KP, 69 RPI.

When looking for Missouri State's numbers, I noticed Rhodie's RPI has been slipping, despite not losing in a month. But, when the best team you play has a RPI of 123 since then, down you go. Next Saturday is the big one for them and Bonnie.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2018 05:01 AM by The Cutter of Bish.)
01-05-2018 04:52 AM
IWokeUpLikeThis Offline
Hall of Famer

All 15 Sparty wins have been by double digits. They’re not getting Middle Tennessee’d this year, that’s for certain.
01-05-2018 05:14 AM
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I Root For: Houston, PVAMU
Gonzaga has now won 33 straight games over Pepperdine. I know Gonzaga has been good for a long time and Pepperdine has been not so good but that still is unthinkable. You'd figure they'd have slipped up once in a while in Malibu. And Pepperdine has been the fourth or fifth best team in the WCC since Gonzaga came to power in 1999. They're the only one to garner an at-large bid besides the Zags, St. Mary's or BYU (not counting Pacific, who got an at-large bid as a member of another conference). Granted, that was a long time ago, but it's still an amazing streak.
01-05-2018 05:24 AM
Advertisement

Heisman

(01-05-2018 05:14 AM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  All 15 Sparty wins have been by double digits. They’re not getting Middle Tennessee’d this year, that’s for certain.

I believe Michigan State could be that good this year, but beating UMD by that many doesn't say as much as it does for MSU as much as UMD, and perhaps the rest of the Big Ten.
01-05-2018 05:28 AM
IWokeUpLikeThis Offline
Hall of Famer

^ I won’t be picking a B1G team to win a game come March except Sparty and Purdue.

Minnesota’s Reggie Lynch (SR) just got suspended by the school until 2020. He got off scot free for his first sexual assault accusation, but this one got him.

I vanity searched his name on twitter and there’s people from Bloomington HS, Illinois State, & Minnesota claiming they know someone who was assaulted by him. One woman who knows multiple women assaulted by him claims she went to Minnesota athletics herself and gave them all the information and they did nothing but never let him miss a game for 2 years. Another tweet saying he was nicknamed “The Rapist” and another claiming “this is just the beginning”.

Just...wow. It’s a rabbit hole. Dick Pitino really needs to join his father on the unemployment line.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2018 05:48 AM by IWokeUpLikeThis.)
01-05-2018 05:45 AM
IWokeUpLikeThis Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-03-2018 03:38 AM)Wedge Wrote:  Also, Louisville beat Pitt 77-51, in a non-upset, noteworthy only for the response of Pitt's head coach to Louisville fans who were heckling Pitt's team...

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketb...y-our-guys
Quote:Stallings turned to fans at Louisville's KFC Yum! Center and said, "At least we didn't pay our guys $100,000" and "We didn't pay our guys 100 grand, though," according to a recording provided by WHAS reporter Whitney Harding.

Apparently it was visiting Pitt fans heckling Stallings that he mistook as UL fans. 03-lmfao
01-05-2018 06:52 AM
Heisman

(01-05-2018 05:45 AM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  ^ I won’t be picking a B1G team to win a game come March except Sparty and Purdue.

Minnesota’s Reggie Lynch (SR) just got suspended by the school until 2020. He got off scot free for his first sexual assault accusation, but this one got him.

I vanity searched his name on twitter and there’s people from Bloomington HS, Illinois State, & Minnesota claiming they know someone who was assaulted by him. One woman who knows multiple women assaulted by him claims she went to Minnesota athletics herself and gave them all the information and they did nothing but never let him miss a game for 2 years. Another tweet saying he was nicknamed “The Rapist” and another claiming “this is just the beginning”.

Just...wow. It’s a rabbit hole. Dick Pitino really needs to join his father on the unemployment line.

It used to be schools could act unaware of this stuff and toss it back to the coaches, but the way schools are organized administratively, and because athletic operations and select program staffing have become top-level decisions, this isn't a small ripple that diminishes out before it hits top leadership anymore. Case in point, Penn State.

The hard pill schools are going to have to swallow now are where these compliance and other regulatory administrators are going to have to report. It's been a Student Affairs/Services thing for so long for student-to-student (Academic Affairs for academic issues)...it's been failing there because it's just not being overseen competently or viewed too narrow (we're now seeing this with #metoo hitting higher education between students and bad faculty). And while coaches and assistants are probably expected to report and oversee their kids, they clearly fail, if not add additional issues to the source infraction. It's always been a big-time thing, but schools have been way too sluggish and resistant to some of these oversight shifts. It's bad enough student athletes (at least those playing football and basketball) aren't really "legit" students at some of these bigger schools, and/or handled from recruitment to departure in a complete silo from the rest of campus...it makes these disciplinary matters more highlighted when they happen, probably because it has unqualified people responsible for it.

Now, back to the Big Ten and their potential laughable efforts in this year's tournament...yeah, agreed with MSU and Purdue. I could see Michigan doing something, too. Beyond that...I guess the Big Ten has to get more than just three bids, but nobody's really a contender beyond them.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2018 10:46 AM by The Cutter of Bish.)
01-05-2018 10:35 AM
RandomFan Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Mid-Majors
Providence 81
#5 Xavier 72

LSU 69
#11 Texas A&M 68

Colorado 80
#14 Arizona 77
01-06-2018 05:41 PM
Advertisement

billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
(01-06-2018 05:41 PM)RandomFan Wrote:  Providence 81
#5 Xavier 72

LSU 69
#11 Texas A&M 68

Colorado 80
#14 Arizona 77

So Colorado beat AZ and AZ St?? I'm looking at their schedule and they have a loss to one of the MWC's bottom teams Colorado St...hahaha
01-06-2018 05:55 PM
IWokeUpLikeThis Offline
Hall of Famer

You know what’s crazy?

The dead last, 351st ranked team in D1 is coached by none other than former NBA coach Reggie Theus in his 5th year at the helm.
01-07-2018 12:26 AM
Heisman

St. Joe's 85
St. Bonaventure 78

If Rhodie wins AQ, that's going to be all A10 gets. Bonnie could lose a few, but probably not against those they faced this week. Dayton may not have been bad, but, UMass just beat them...ugh.

In the Valley, Bradley fell to Evansville.
01-07-2018 06:01 AM
IWokeUpLikeThis Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-07-2018 06:01 AM)The Cutter of Bish Wrote:  St. Joe's 85
St. Bonaventure 78

If Rhodie wins AQ, that's going to be all A10 gets. Bonnie could lose a few, but probably not against those they faced this week. Dayton may not have been bad, but, UMass just beat them...ugh.

In the Valley, Bradley fell to Evansville.

The 1st place team in the #8 RPI conference is.....Drake. 03-lmfao
01-07-2018 06:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.