Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

#WACgivesback Volunteer Opportunity
Bookmark and Share
gleadley Offline
1st String

I Root For: GCU
MyBB #WACgivesback Volunteer Opportunity
I may have harassed some of you on Twitter, but wanted to make a formal post here about it, too...

I was talking with a buddy recently and agreed that we would like to leave Vegas better than we found it when visiting for the WAC tourney in March. It made so much sense to us that we thought fans from other WAC schools might want in on it, too. So, we arranged for a group of 10 people to go serve a meal to the homeless and/or most vulnerable in Las Vegas that Saturday morning (3/10) from 9:00am to noon. The place is only 15 minutes away from the Orleans Arena and the first game isn't until 2:00pm, so the timing should work out.

We really want to see if we could get a group of people to serve from all different schools. I actually have a request in to the WAC to see if we can also get shirts and/or SWAG to represent the conference while serving together. The biggest challenge so far is realizing we really don't know many outside of GCU. That is where you all come in...

Most of you probably aren't going to Vegas for the conference tourney. If you are going, you may not be interested in rolling out of bed early Saturday morning for any reason. I totally get that. It is Vegas, baby! Really, we just wanted to put the opportunity on everyone's radar. If any of you guys are interested in joining, great. If you know anyone who will be in Vegas on that Saturday (regardless of how his/her/their teams do) and would be interested in serving with us, awesome.

I'm looking forward to representing our respective schools and collective conference in this way in the Las Vegas community. While space is limited (only 7 spots remaining), we really are hoping to have as many schools represented as possible. Feel free to direct any questions or people wanting to participate my way. I can also be reached by email at gleadley@yahoo.com. Thanks for the assist ahead of time in connecting us to folks from your respective fan bases!
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2018 10:42 PM by gleadley.)
01-09-2018 10:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

LopesUp Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Grand Canyon
RE: #WACgivesback Volunteer Opportunity
Looking forward to serving. Hope some from each university can join us.
01-09-2018 11:54 PM
gleadley Offline
1st String

There is a registration link and other info I will need to share with those who want to be a part. Feel free to message me your email addresses through here, or shoot me a quick email to gleadley@yahoo.com.
01-13-2018 09:21 AM
dancingNMSUaggie Offline
1st String

I Root For: NMSU
I won't be participating but I admire what you guys are doing. The GCU fans on this site are pure class. No corn tortilla throwers here I'm sure of it!
01-18-2018 11:55 AM
gleadley Offline
1st String

(01-18-2018 11:55 AM)dancingNMSUaggie Wrote:  I won't be participating but I admire what you guys are doing. The GCU fans on this site are pure class. No corn tortilla throwers here I'm sure of it!

Thanks, dancing. Just trying to make the world a little better place, right? S sorry to hear you won't be in Vegas for the tournament, but feel free to send any Aggie brethren you know are coming who may be interested my way.

We could probably fill our remaining spots with GCU folks pretty quickly, but prefer to have folks from other schools, too. I genuinely appreciate any help you can be in making it happen.
01-18-2018 10:42 PM
Advertisement

dancingNMSUaggie Offline
1st String

(01-18-2018 10:42 PM)gleadley Wrote:  
(01-18-2018 11:55 AM)dancingNMSUaggie Wrote:  I won't be participating but I admire what you guys are doing. The GCU fans on this site are pure class. No corn tortilla throwers here I'm sure of it!

Thanks, dancing. Just trying to make the world a little better place, right? S sorry to hear you won't be in Vegas for the tournament, but feel free to send any Aggie brethren you know are coming who may be interested my way.

We could probably fill our remaining spots with GCU folks pretty quickly, but prefer to have folks from other schools, too. I genuinely appreciate any help you can be in making it happen.

I will be at tourney in Vegas. I just can't participate in your deal.
01-22-2018 10:09 PM
gleadley Offline
1st String

(01-22-2018 10:09 PM)dancingNMSUaggie Wrote:  

Oh, okay. Cool.
01-26-2018 10:34 PM
gleadley Offline
1st String

Got word from Matt at the WAC offices. They are on-board with us officially doing the project under the conference banner, which might mean some WAC gear & swag to represent while we are doing some good. Sounds like they may also be working on a Read to Achieve partnership that will provide another service opportunity in Vegas.

Cool stuff.
01-26-2018 10:40 PM
ThunderDan49 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Lopes
(01-26-2018 10:34 PM)gleadley Wrote:  
(01-22-2018 10:09 PM)dancingNMSUaggie Wrote:  

Oh, okay. Cool.

Wish I could participate and be at the tournament; unfortunately, it is a weekend that I have to work at the race track here in Phoenix.
01-27-2018 02:54 AM
Advertisement

gleadley Offline
1st String

Should be finalizing the group in the next few days, but wanted to mention it again here one last time. Feel fee to shoot me a private message or email at gleadley@yahoo.com if your interested in serving a meal to the homeless and most vulnerable of Las Vegas while in town for the WAC Tournament. Looking forward to good basketball and doing some good while we are at it!
02-12-2018 12:26 AM
PojoaquePosse Offline
Blowhard

(02-12-2018 12:26 AM)gleadley Wrote:  Should be finalizing the group in the next few days, but wanted to mention it again here one last time. Feel fee to shoot me a private message or email at gleadley@yahoo.com if your interested in serving a meal to the homeless and most vulnerable of Las Vegas while in town for the WAC Tournament. Looking forward to good basketball and doing some good while we are at it!

I really admire what you are doing gleadly. I am not sure I will be in Vegas. It really comes down to how my son progresses in the state basketball tournament. Plus I'm not sure how much help I would be rolling in half drunk and hungover. I hope you get some really cool WAC swag for your efforts.
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2018 10:20 AM by PojoaquePosse.)
02-15-2018 10:19 AM
ProfScott Offline
Special Teams

So how'd it go?
03-10-2018 07:06 PM
gleadley Offline
1st String

(03-10-2018 07:06 PM)ProfScott Wrote:  So how'd it go?

Thanks for asking, Scott. It went great. Served somewhere around 500 meals to the homeless and most vulnerable of Vegas. Great camaraderie among the fans from CSUB, GCU, and UTRGV who made time to be a part of the project.
03-10-2018 07:33 PM
Advertisement

ProfScott Offline
Special Teams

(03-10-2018 07:33 PM)gleadley Wrote:  
(03-10-2018 07:06 PM)ProfScott Wrote:  So how'd it go?

Thanks for asking, Scott. It went great. Served somewhere around 500 meals to the homeless and most vulnerable of Vegas. Great camaraderie among the fans from CSUB, GCU, and UTRGV who made time to be a part of the project.
Excellent! If you are planning to make this an annual event, I'd love to be involved next year. Thanks for representing the WAC in such a positive way.
03-10-2018 07:58 PM
NeptunianEmp Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NM State Aggies!
Y'all did a great thing doing this. Hopefully this will continue to grow in size next season. Would love it if the WAC got some of the teams to do this if they had time.
03-11-2018 12:54 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
(03-11-2018 12:54 PM)NeptunianEmp Wrote:  Y'all did a great thing doing this. Hopefully this will continue to grow in size next season. Would love it if the WAC got some of the teams to do this if they had time.

Teams need to concetrate on playing in the conference tournament, thats why they are there.

WAC Schools SAAC programs do something in Vegas every year.
03-11-2018 02:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PojoaquePosse Offline
Blowhard

Great job guys. Very commendable.
03-12-2018 12:57 PM
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Cutting this loose.
03-13-2018 06:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gleadley Offline
1st String

(03-13-2018 06:40 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  Cutting this loose.

Thanks again for pinning it, CP. The support was much appreciated.
03-13-2018 09:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.