Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WKU vs UAB: Who wins this one
Bookmark and Share
69topper Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WKU
WKU vs UAB: Who wins this one
Two of the top teams. Always a good game between these two.
Should be a battle. WKU will b pumped. Bound to be a good crowd. Your thoughts?
01-14-2018 12:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

RE: WKU vs UAB: Who wins this one
If this Western team doesn't learn how to finish games it's going to cost us one we should have won. Hope that's not the case on Thursday.

For a team that is unselfish for 35 minutes.....it seems everyone of our guards want to try and pad their stat line once we get what should be a comfortable lead. It almost cost Western the Tech game and very well could on Thursday
01-14-2018 01:02 PM
Dracorex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
If this game was on Saturday I would consider the drive.
01-14-2018 02:03 PM
69topper Offline
2nd String

(01-14-2018 01:02 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  If this Western team doesn't learn how to finish games it's going to cost us one we should have won. Hope that's not the case on Thursday.

For a team that is unselfish for 35 minutes.....it seems everyone of our guards want to try and pad their stat line once we get what should be a comfortable lead. It almost cost Western the Tech game and very well could on Thursday

Won't b a problem this week. Against good teams we tend stay focused because Darius and the seniors stay focused. Will b surprised by any letups in the next two games. They know how important these games are. Win these two and everyone will b chasing our tail. Already have the other wins we needed. Stay focused guys.

It will b a great benefit if attendance turnout is good and into it. I think it will b. I expect at least 13,000 combined for these two. This team is one one of my all time top ten teams to watch and I've been going since 1969.
01-14-2018 02:17 PM
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

(01-14-2018 02:17 PM)69topper Wrote:  
(01-14-2018 01:02 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  If this Western team doesn't learn how to finish games it's going to cost us one we should have won. Hope that's not the case on Thursday.

Won't b a problem this week. Against good teams we tend stay focused because Darius and the seniors stay focused. Will b surprised by any letups in the next two games. They know how important these games are. Win these two and everyone will b chasing our tail. Already have the other wins we needed. Stay focused guys.

It will b a great benefit if attendance turnout is good and into it. I think it will b. I expect at least 13,000 combined for these two. This team is one one of my all time top ten teams to watch and I've been going since 1969.

I to think the team will be focused and ready to go, it almost like Stansbury lets them a little lose against lesser opponents which might turn out to be a great lesson since they have proven not to be as effective. I think Thursdays game will be amazing and if we find a way to beat UAB Saturday will be off the hook
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2018 05:11 PM by wkuhilltopperfan.)
01-14-2018 02:36 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Whoever scores the most points.
01-14-2018 02:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU

Buy a vowel.
01-14-2018 04:54 PM
69topper Offline
2nd String

(01-14-2018 04:54 PM)ODU BBALL Wrote:  

Buy a vowel.
Lol. Just lazy
01-14-2018 05:22 PM
BlazinBham Offline
Banned

WKU wins. Blazers can’t win these type of games, in this type of environment. Would love for em to prove me wrong. Only our 2nd legitimate road game of the year too
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2018 06:59 AM by BlazinBham.)
01-15-2018 06:54 AM
69topper Offline
2nd String

(01-15-2018 06:54 AM)BlazinBham Wrote:  WKU wins. Blazers can’t win these type of games, in this type of environment. Would love for em to prove me wrong. Only our 2nd legitimate road game of the year too

Dang. Only second true road game.I didn't realize you guys were a P-5 school. Lol.
01-15-2018 07:25 AM
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

(01-15-2018 07:25 AM)69topper Wrote:  
(01-15-2018 06:54 AM)BlazinBham Wrote:  WKU wins. Blazers can’t win these type of games, in this type of environment. Would love for em to prove me wrong. Only our 2nd legitimate road game of the year too

Dang. Only second true road game.I didn't realize you guys were a P-5 school. Lol.

I thought the same thing when i read that! Wow. Amount 20 games into the season and only played 1 true road game.... damn
01-15-2018 09:54 AM
Advertisement

WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

(01-15-2018 09:54 AM)wkuhilltopperfan Wrote:  

I thought the same thing when i read that! Wow. Amount 20 games into the season and only played 1 true road game.... damn

Their schedule looks like 4 true road games

@Troy
@Auburn
@FIU
@FAU
01-15-2018 10:03 AM
freshtop Offline
All American

I am guessing they mean a hostile environment? I figured that Troy fans might show up against an in-state rival, but UAB fans probably represented well in that one too.
01-15-2018 10:18 AM
Blazer88 Offline
Banned

We've played better on the road than I thought we would. Almost came away with one @Auburn
01-15-2018 10:20 AM
BlazerGold09 Offline
All American

(01-15-2018 10:03 AM)WKUYG Wrote:  

@Troy
@Auburn
@FIU
@FAU

This is correct. He was more or less meaning road games with a true road environment.

UAB and WKU are probably two of the most diverse and complete teams in the conference. Both teams have 4-5 guys who can score in double figures each night while Middle for example is relying on King (and Potts) at a rate that ranks top 10 nationally.

The best chance for UAB in this game is to be really efficient from behind the arc and hit 7 or more 3-pointers. Chris Cokley is going to be tested by JJ and Coleby for sure but against good front courts (Auburn, Iowa, Buffalo) he's scored more than 24 in each game. The Lee/Cokley and JJ/Coleby match up is very intriguing. Unfortunately Lee is hurt but is still contributing defensively.

My biggest worry is WKU getting hot from behind the arc. They have the best 3-point shooting team in the conference by percentage and they do not rely on it heavily like Marshall for example.

This is a very evenly matched game that is going to come down to the wire in my opinion.
01-15-2018 11:05 AM
69topper Offline
2nd String

I bet their fans love all those home games but may actually hurt their team in the long run. Won't be road tested and may lose some just from the fact from still being mentally soft by not being used to road games.
01-15-2018 02:26 PM
Advertisement

Shrack Offline
All American

(01-15-2018 02:26 PM)69topper Wrote:  

I bet their fans love all those home games but may actually hurt their team in the long run. Won't be road tested and may lose some just from the fact from still being mentally soft by not being used to road games.
WKU only had one more road game than we did OOC. 3 vs 2

I think we lose this game, but really hope we pull it out. If Lee was playing how he could I would feel good about it, but he has been down all season

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
01-15-2018 06:23 PM
Dracorex Offline
Heisman

@Troy
@Auburn
@FIU
@FAU

@F_U and @TROY didn't have a hostile environment. UAB fans have made and destroyed thread after thread about our schedule this year and subsequently RPI and SOS. It is embarrassing that MTSU and WKU can schedule that much better than we are.
01-15-2018 11:25 PM
WKUApollo Offline

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
[Image: HOLMARSMA_mars_bar_18g_50_pack.jpg]
01-16-2018 09:47 AM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
(01-15-2018 11:25 PM)Dracorex Wrote:  

@Troy
@Auburn
@FIU
@FAU

@F_U and @TROY didn't have a hostile environment. UAB fans have made and destroyed thread after thread about our schedule this year and subsequently RPI and SOS. It is embarrassing that MTSU and WKU can schedule that much better than we are.

Middle scheduled very well. But both of us got some of our best games from the exempt tourneys. Us in the Bahamas and Middle in Hawaii. Middle had some other good games than that tourney though. We had at Wisconsin as part of a football deal. We get them here next year in basketball and go up there to get a beatdown of epic proportion in football.

As Guns has mentioned many times. Schedule to the team you expect to have. Middle knew they’d be good again and scheduled accordingly. I’ll give Rick credit for getting us in the Bahamas tourney. We thought it’d be a good chance to play some good teams in a neutral setting. Most of us had no expectation of beating a Purdue and SMU. But that’s why you play the game. One thing that really helped us was our preseason trip to Costa Rica. It was really needed with a whole new team and that’s literally a WHOLE new team. Only returnees were Justin Johnson and a walkon.

This group has done an incredible job. I feel like we have a shot in every single game. Home or road. Doesn’t mean we’ll win all of them by any means but our worst loss is an 8 pointer to Villanova. We could lose both this week. UAB and Middle are both very good teams. We could also win both. I’m excited for the players to have a chance to play in front of 2 good crowds. UAB won’t sell out but it should be our best crowd of the year until Saturday. Our fans usually sit on their hands until a bad ref call. Then it can get pretty loud in Diddle. I’m not sure we even sell out for Middle no matter what the ticket office is saying. I do know you can’t get 2 together for that game. I logged in trying to get a couple extra in addition to my season tix and there were none available. You could request one. Most of them were in what is generally the student section. With school not back in until next week I don’t expect a ton of students. Guess that’s why the ticket office is selling them.
01-16-2018 10:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.