Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Enjoy MLK Day
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Enjoy MLK Day
"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."

[Image: mlk-day.jpg]
01-15-2018 12:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
RE: Enjoy MLK Day
we keep trying....the dippos keep putting up roadblocks.....
01-15-2018 01:05 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
A great man indeed.
01-15-2018 01:10 PM
Advertisement

450bench Offline

I Root For: Memphis
(01-15-2018 01:05 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  we keep trying....the dippos keep putting up roadblocks.....

Absolutely
01-15-2018 01:20 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
I enjoy Reagan's short speech

01-15-2018 05:08 PM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
I am all in, in more ways the one.
01-15-2018 05:11 PM
Fort Bend Owl Online
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
Wasn't by design but I saw the original 1961 film 'Raisin in the Sun' Friday night and Hidden Figures last night.

RITS is definitely a 1950's/1960's play moved to the screen in the style of say 12 Angry Men. Too slow for the younger folks but I loved it - amazing cast too.

Hidden Figures was good with 1 great scene but I think they were stuck trying to decide whether it was a space movie or a civil rights movie. Stick to The Right Stuff or Apollo 13 (or others) if you want the former. If you want the latter, there are better ones too.
01-15-2018 05:15 PM
Advertisement

olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
It still hurts that this great man was assassinated. I would have voted for him for President. Now, it'll never happen. I wish the Blacks that walked with him had the same common sense. I still don't see anyone being able to succeed him.
01-15-2018 07:54 PM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(01-15-2018 07:54 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  It still hurts that this great man was assassinated. I would have voted for him for President. Now, it'll never happen. I wish the Blacks that walked with him had the same common sense. I still don't see anyone being able to succeed him.

he actually would have been perfect in that setting at that time......

now we are left with DJT tactics (which is eerily similar with a forked tongue due to today's msm dipshites and decades of fail since his assassination)

what a waste of trying to accomplish and the forgetfulness of too many relative to the 'why'.....

to be honest.....it wouldn't surprise me if some dipshite tries to take out DJT at this point.....

told ya this was gonna be a battle........ol' boy may have some small hands, but his cods are swollen in #whatmatters.....
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2018 08:02 PM by stinkfist.)
01-15-2018 08:00 PM
Advertisement

Jjoey52 Offline
All American

I Root For: ISU
Enjoy MLK Day
Some of you should take the time to read the latest info on MLK that was unsealed from the Kennedy assassination..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
01-15-2018 08:55 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Great Man...Great message. It is a damn shame that it has fallen on a lot of death ears. 07-coffee3
01-15-2018 08:58 PM
Latilleon Offline
Git Buck.

I Root For: Memphis
(01-15-2018 05:15 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Wasn't by design but I saw the original 1961 film 'Raisin in the Sun' Friday night and Hidden Figures last night.

RITS is definitely a 1950's/1960's play moved to the screen in the style of say 12 Angry Men. Too slow for the younger folks but I loved it - amazing cast too.

Hidden Figures was good with 1 great scene but I think they were stuck trying to decide whether it was a space movie or a civil rights movie. Stick to The Right Stuff or Apollo 13 (or others) if you want the former. If you want the latter, there are better ones too.

Hidden Figures is about women who were vital to the space program. It's a historical bio pic based on what really happened to these women working for NASA as mathematicians, focused on three women. I don't understand how it is any different than The Right Stuff or Apollo 13.

Just because it includes the racism (and sexism) that Katherine Johnson, Mary Jackson, and Dorothy Vaughn had to endure, it's not a space movie?

"Hidden Figures" is an incredible movie and I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it. John Glenn comes off as a hero and a saint in the film.

I guess Apollo 13 is a rom-com because we get the stories of Jim Lovell's love life.
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2018 09:10 PM by Latilleon.)
01-15-2018 09:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.