Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

LBJ, The Hero For The Great Society......
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer

The furor over Trump’s alleged comment is a bit much. Listen to an actual racist comment by LBJ, darling of the Great Society.

Quote:President Trump is accused of using the word “shithole” to describe some African countries, Haiti and El Salvador. The president has been slammed in the media for his reported use of profane language.

Democratic Sen. Dirk Durbin (Ill.) even suggested it was the worst vulgarity in presidential history.

“I think back at presidents throughout history and I cannot imagine a moment where a president sunk to that depth, that’s what breaks my heart,” he said.

But according to historians, we’ve had our fair share of presidential potty mouths.

“I have interviewed six presidents of the United States. I have traveled with them. I have been in their homes. They’ve been in my home on multiple occasions. I have flown on Air Force One with them and commercial jets and private jets and car caravans and Winnebagos. Went to Disney World with one. They all have used the ‘S-word.’ Even that old gentleman, Ronald Reagan, would sometimes occasionally, rarely use the ‘F-word.’ So, the White house is going to endure,” conservative author Doug Wead said.

http://thehill.com/video/in-the-news/368...ottymouths
01-15-2018 08:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulane
RE: LBJ, The Hero For The Great Society......
LBJ was a true chess player of a politician. He invented the game. Trump ain't on LBJ's level, but he's a chess player just like him. They just have different goals and different technique.

LBJ is the kind of smart that actually does real damage...
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2018 08:06 PM by oliveandblue.)
01-15-2018 08:06 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Wow we always knew how Democrats are, first time I heard this.
01-15-2018 08:15 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

(01-15-2018 08:15 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Wow we always knew how Democrats are, first time I heard this.
Really? Wow
01-15-2018 08:30 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
LBJ...One of the most vile, despicable human beings to ever come to power. I hope he is burning in Hell.
01-15-2018 08:38 PM
Jjoey52 Offline
All American

I Root For: ISU
Hillary was supposed to have said those fing n’s will do what I tell them to do.

LBJ was a real tool, he knew the Vietnam war was lost as early as 1965 yet he kept plugging away and losing lives.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2018 08:39 PM by Jjoey52.)
01-15-2018 08:38 PM
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
LBJ was human garbage.
01-15-2018 08:42 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(01-15-2018 08:30 PM)shere khan Wrote:  
(01-15-2018 08:15 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Wow we always knew how Democrats are, first time I heard this.
Really? Wow

I mean literally with LBJ, can't believe that video has been out there so long and I never heard it.
01-15-2018 08:49 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(01-15-2018 08:49 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  
(01-15-2018 08:30 PM)shere khan Wrote:  
Really? Wow

I mean literally with LBJ, can't believe that video has been out there so long and I never heard it.

There are other recordings of this fcker saying vile things. His phone conversations with Jackie Kennedy after JFKs death are creepier than schit. It was obvious he wanted to "comfort" Jackie..wink..wink. 03-puke
Also... Some of his recorded conversations during the war are outright treasonous.
01-15-2018 09:04 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
Yup. Plenty of course language by Nixon in the Watergate tapes as well. A quick primer on profanity in the White House. Spoiler---its been around long before anyone here was born.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/retr...7087337265
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2018 09:11 PM by Attackcoog.)
01-15-2018 09:07 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(01-15-2018 09:07 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Yup. Plenty of course language by Nixon in the Watergate tapes as well.

For sure. He was another POS.
01-15-2018 09:09 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
yes to all the above....

in the modern era, all of it started with LBJ......what a fukbag....

I can only wish to go toe-to-toe with that shitehole of flesh.....
01-15-2018 09:22 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
LBJ being a coarse gross mf'er doesn't equate to all Democrats being bad.
Nixon being a coarse, gross, traitorous mf'er doesn't equate to all Republicans being bad.
01-15-2018 09:44 PM
stinkfist Offline

(01-15-2018 09:44 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  LBJ being a coarse gross mf'er doesn't equate to all Democrats being bad.
Nixon being a coarse, gross, traitorous mf'er doesn't equate to all Republicans being bad.

wouldn't argue the point until the left and right was defined in scope.....

which leads to the conclusion, "why should it fk'n matter" -- > "both fuckbags just exposed their hypocritical agenda as they sleep with each other"

#henceDJT
01-15-2018 09:57 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

(01-15-2018 09:44 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  LBJ being a coarse gross mf'er doesn't equate to all Democrats being bad.
Nixon was a better president and less crooked than Obama. Nixon got caught. Obama might.
01-15-2018 10:02 PM
stinkfist Offline

(01-15-2018 10:02 PM)shere khan Wrote:  
Nixon was a better president and less crooked than Obama. Nixon got caught. Obama might.

dipshite nixon's war on drugs......I can't get past how that compounded lbj's domestic policies are why we are talking about a shiteload of horseshite now and 20T in debt.....

it truly scares me (for daughter, nephews, nieces) if the #henceDJT experiment doesn't work moving forward.....
01-15-2018 10:19 PM
Advertisement

fsquid Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Until it happens, nixon is still the gold standard. I say that as someone whose FIL worked in his admin.
01-15-2018 10:28 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

(01-15-2018 10:28 PM)fsquid Wrote:  
Until it happens, nixon is still the gold standard. I say that as someone whose FIL worked in his admin.
Standards change, there is enough evidence for me. Lol. I'm sure not gonna champion Nixon.
01-15-2018 10:32 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
(01-15-2018 08:03 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  

The furor over Trump’s alleged comment is a bit much. Listen to an actual racist comment by LBJ, darling of the Great Society.

Quote:President Trump is accused of using the word “shithole” to describe some African countries, Haiti and El Salvador. The president has been slammed in the media for his reported use of profane language.

Democratic Sen. Dirk Durbin (Ill.) even suggested it was the worst vulgarity in presidential history.

“I think back at presidents throughout history and I cannot imagine a moment where a president sunk to that depth, that’s what breaks my heart,” he said.

But according to historians, we’ve had our fair share of presidential potty mouths.

“I have interviewed six presidents of the United States. I have traveled with them. I have been in their homes. They’ve been in my home on multiple occasions. I have flown on Air Force One with them and commercial jets and private jets and car caravans and Winnebagos. Went to Disney World with one. They all have used the ‘S-word.’ Even that old gentleman, Ronald Reagan, would sometimes occasionally, rarely use the ‘F-word.’ So, the White house is going to endure,” conservative author Doug Wead said.

LBJ as a person = racist
LBJ as a politician = oversaw and genuinely led in the passage of the most important anti-racism legislation in the last 150 years.

He was a jumble of conflicts. He was vulgar. He stole his first election. He played hardball. But he got the Voting Rights Act passed and made it stick. And it was his leadership that did it.

Trump as a person = racist
Trump as a politician = nothing to rebut his character as a person.
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2018 12:05 AM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
01-16-2018 12:02 AM
stinkfist Offline

(01-16-2018 12:02 AM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(01-15-2018 08:03 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  

LBJ as a person = racist
LBJ as a politician = oversaw and genuinely led in the passage of the most important anti-racism legislation in the last 150 years.

He was a jumble of conflicts. He was vulgar. He stole his first election. He played hardball. But he got the Voting Rights Act passed and made it stick. And it was his leadership that did it.

Trump as a person = racist
Trump as a politician = nothing to rebut his character as a person.

your hippo-dippo-pocrisy never ends......

how is one an acknowledged racist that kick started the wealth gap comparable to a supposed racist that is doing what he can to narrow the gap....

you truly deserve zero respect in return.... you can't show your stupidity and bias any more in all its glory than that post.....

so, to that, I can only say thank you......this is where we like you guys.....

#keepchurningbutter
01-16-2018 12:22 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.