Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Conference Power Rankings...
BigHouston Offline
STRONG

I Root For: HOUSTON, USC Trojans
MyBB Conference Power Rankings...
And as usual... The AAC delivering the goods... This time however flexing its muscles as the best Power 6 league in basketball.

Basketball 1 - 7 leagues matter most everyone else not so much.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketb...ording-bpi
01-21-2018 02:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

cmullinsTU Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Tulsa
RE: Conference Power Rankings...
As of yesterday, the American had more teams in the top 100 RPI than the Big East and the Big 12.

https://thesunflower.com/23682/sports/am...12-in-rpi/
01-21-2018 09:38 AM
STL_Wave Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulane
NCAA tournament selection committee testing new tool that could eventually replace RPI

RPI is the traditional and polarizing barometer used in the analysis process leading into Selection Sunday. For the first time, committee members will see rankings from ESPN's BPI and Strength of Record, KPI, Jeff Sagarin Ratings and KenPom.com next to the RPI on the official team sheets used to assess each program.

They'll also see the average score of the six advanced metrics for each team, which could be repackaged as a new, official tool that replaces the RPI next season, said David Worlock, media coordinator for the NCAA tournament.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketb...ion-system

I'm assuming this will only help the AAC. However any "official stat" that has ESPN's name next to it makes me anxious. What do you all think?
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2018 10:59 AM by STL_Wave.)
01-21-2018 10:59 AM
BigHouston Offline
STRONG

I Root For: HOUSTON, USC Trojans
Here's my take on this new NCAAM metric shift.

Heavier selection from the Big7's and goodbye Cinderellas from the low level mid-major conferences.
01-21-2018 11:16 AM
Advertisement

bearcatlawjd2 Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
(01-21-2018 10:59 AM)STL_Wave Wrote:  NCAA tournament selection committee testing new tool that could eventually replace RPI

RPI is the traditional and polarizing barometer used in the analysis process leading into Selection Sunday. For the first time, committee members will see rankings from ESPN's BPI and Strength of Record, KPI, Jeff Sagarin Ratings and KenPom.com next to the RPI on the official team sheets used to assess each program.

They'll also see the average score of the six advanced metrics for each team, which could be repackaged as a new, official tool that replaces the RPI next season, said David Worlock, media coordinator for the NCAA tournament.

I'm assuming this will only help the AAC. However any "official stat" that has ESPN's name next to it makes me anxious. What do you all think?

I would be more concerned that Craig Thompson is on the selection committee. Probably enemy number one for the American right now. When the American only gets three teams in the tournament you know where to look.
01-21-2018 11:34 AM
fanhood Offline
All American

I Root For: San Diego State
(01-21-2018 11:34 AM)bearcatlawjd2 Wrote:  
(01-21-2018 10:59 AM)STL_Wave Wrote:  NCAA tournament selection committee testing new tool that could eventually replace RPI

I would be more concerned that Craig Thompson is on the selection committee. Probably enemy number one for the American right now. When the American only gets three teams in the tournament you know where to look.

It is ridiculous to even think to scapegoat Thompson. He is on the committee specifically because he has no power, no influence, and because he will not rock the boat. To think anything else is ignorant foolishness.
01-21-2018 01:59 PM
TU4ever Offline
All American

(01-21-2018 01:59 PM)fanhood Wrote:  

It is ridiculous to even think to scapegoat Thompson. He is on the committee specifically because he has no power, no influence, and because he will not rock the boat. To think anything else is ignorant foolishness.

Lol the AAC is like crack for fanhood he just can't give it up.

Your assurances makes the whole conference feel warm and fuzzy. It's not ridiculous to assume something shady from the midget west. It's founding was nothing but shady.
01-21-2018 02:53 PM
Advertisement

fanhood Offline
All American

I Root For: San Diego State
(01-21-2018 02:53 PM)TU4ever Wrote:  

Your assurances makes the whole conference feel warm and fuzzy. It's not ridiculous to assume something shady from the midget west. It's founding was nothing but shady.

Ahhh sweetheart, you are so cute when I see you. Daddy loves coming home from business trips, and seeing you full of confidence and excitement. I missed you honey.
01-21-2018 04:16 PM
TU4ever Offline
All American

(01-21-2018 04:16 PM)fanhood Wrote:  

Ahhh sweetheart, you are so cute when I see you. Daddy loves coming home from business trips, and seeing you full of confidence and excitement. I missed you honey.

Just wow . . .

[Image: metoo-metoo-28613357.png]
01-21-2018 05:37 PM
fresnofanatic Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: fresno state

You are assuming Thompson cares about MW members like the MW fans that come on here. Thompson cares as much about hurting the AAC as he does helping the MW. Let's face it, AAC has Aresco, MW has a shill hoping to move himself up to P5 or some great position in the NCAA.
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2018 06:50 PM by fresnofanatic.)
01-21-2018 06:48 PM
Advertisement

thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

I Root For: Zeti Reticuli
(01-21-2018 05:37 PM)TU4ever Wrote:  
(01-21-2018 04:16 PM)fanhood Wrote:  
(01-21-2018 11:34 AM)bearcatlawjd2 Wrote:  I would be more concerned that Craig Thompson is on the selection committee. Probably enemy number one for the American right now. When the American only gets three teams in the tournament you know where to look.

Just wow . . .

[Image: metoo-metoo-28613357.png]

Oh my God. That's all I'll say. I'll get kicked off if I say anymore.
01-21-2018 07:06 PM
TU4ever Offline
All American

(01-21-2018 06:48 PM)fresnofanatic Wrote:  

You are assuming Thompson cares about MW members like the MW fans that come on here. Thompson cares as much about hurting the AAC as he does helping the MW. Let's face it, AAC has Aresco, MW has a shill hoping to move himself up to P5 or some great position in the NCAA.

Think this is a much more solid a take and fairly unbiased.
01-21-2018 07:50 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94

And another thing, Fanhood <raises finger in the air, breathes in deeply>....Fanhood? Hello? Oh...
01-23-2018 02:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.