Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Unnecessary Bashing
Bookmark and Share
Eagle9 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Southern Miss
Unnecessary Bashing
Guys, if you see something and are sure about it, call a spade a spade. I’m not saying everybody needs to be a sunshine pumper. I love some things about Southern Miss Athletics and others I think need to improve. I consider myself somewhere in the middle, maybe a touch on the optimistic side. For example, I still dream of USM winning a New Years six bowl, but know that a national championship is 1 in a billion. I’m also not one of these people that thinks every 2 Star recruit is a “diamond in the rough” like some fans do. On average, having more stars is a good thing. Criticism is necessary for improvement.

However, some of the uninformed bashing that goes on gets really old. For example, I have a buddy that’s a USM fan, that really wanted Garland Lafrance to commit here. After he saw that he commited to WKU, he texted me talking about how Hopson couldn’t land him so he can’t even recruit.

I explained to him that we chose someone else over Lafrance, not the other way around. We were in the market for 1 Running Back. Once he commited, Lafrance no longer had an offer. I tried to explain that to him, but he didn’t want to hear it.

My point is this, if you are fairly educated or informed on something, bash away if you feel like it. However, if you’re not, at least consider that before bashing our coaches. Or I guess since you have a right, bash anyway. I’m just on a soap box because it hacks me off when people get in an uproar over things they know nothing about.
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2018 09:08 PM by Eagle9.)
01-29-2018 09:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

I Root For: southern miss
RE: Unnecessary Bashing
(01-29-2018 09:06 PM)Eagle9 Wrote:  Guys, if you see something and are sure about it, call a spade a spade. I’m not saying everybody needs to be a sunshine pumper. I love some things about Southern Miss Athletics and others I think need to improve. I consider myself somewhere in the middle, maybe a touch on the optimistic side. For example, I still dream of USM winning a New Years six bowl, but know that a national championship is 1 in a billion. I’m also not one of these people that thinks every 2 Star recruit is a “diamond in the rough” like some fans do. On average, having more stars is a good thing. Criticism is necessary for improvement.

However, some of the uninformed bashing that goes on gets really old. For example, I have a buddy that’s a USM fan, that really wanted Garland Lafrance to commit here. After he saw that he commited to WKU, he texted me talking about how Hopson couldn’t land him so he can’t even recruit.

I explained to him that we chose someone else over Lafrance, not the other way around. We were in the market for 1 Running Back. Once he commited, Lafrance no longer had an offer. I tried to explain that to him, but he didn’t want to hear it.

My point is this, if you are fairly educated or informed on something, bash away if you feel like it. However, if you’re not, at least consider that before bashing our coaches. Or I guess since you have a right, bash anyway. I’m just on a soap box because it hacks me off when people get in an uproar over things they know nothing about.

Always enjoy 'cruitin'.....but it sure ain't life or death stuff.....and while we used to have a little more success with Mississippi's Top 20, things have changed immensely since the 70's, 80's and 90's (and not just ME!04-cheers)

MSUcks/OP's/USM's football stadiums were basically the same size for a long time... USM would be on national or regional TV about as much as our "sister" institutions...USM was basically the #3 recruiter in Alabama....and , yes, we took partial qualifiers (but NOT any more!).

Now, MSU/OP have greatly expanded their stadia to try and keep up with the Jones'...They have CBS national TV contracts while we have Stadium on Twitter...and the teat that Alabama/LSU/Florida/Auburn provides for the bottom feeders just gets bigger and bigger (they are flush with cash whether they go 12-0 or 0-12!)

Oh yeah, someone mentioned on another thread that OP hadn't won an SEC football title in 55 years...well, the mighty Bulldawgs have not won an SEC football title in 77 years, and counting! (but you wouldn't know it!) 04-cheers
01-30-2018 06:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.