Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Scientists try political purges
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
Scientists try political purges
https://amgreatness.com/2018/02/09/clima...s-deniers/

Hard to believe they are serious about science when they shun.

"...So, as the climate cabal feels their grip on federal policy and public opinion weaken, its zealots are becoming more desperate. Michael Mann, a Penn State University climatologist and the media’s go-to-guy for any apocalyptic quote about how anthropogenic global warming will kill us all, seems more unbalanced than usual. As the “Citizen Secretary of Science and Environment” in Donald Trump’s so-called “Shadow Cabinet”—which also includes Laurence Tribe and Robert Reich—Mann appears to be taking his pretend post a bit too seriously. Mann recently called White House advisor Kellyanne Conway “evil incarnate,” said Trump is a “moron” and a “threat to the planet,” and denounced Devin Nunes as “a traitor to this country” and demanded he “be subject to appropriate sanctions.” He’s mocked the president’s son and tweeted at the First Lady. (Pretty ironic coming from a guy who filed a lawsuit because someone called him a mean name)...."

"They are even starting to turn on their own. Scientists recently blasted Mann’s pal, Bill Nye the Science Guy, for attending the State of the Union address with Jim Bridenstine, Trump’s pick for NASA administrator. More than 500 women scientists accused Nye of placing his “personal brand over the interests of the scientific community at large” and blamed him for using his “public persona as a science entertainer to support an administration that is expressly xenophobic, homophobic, misogynistic, racist, ableist, and anti-science.” They claimed, “it is impossible to separate science at major agencies like NASA from other pressing issues like racism, bigotry, and misogyny.”
So Bill Nye—a man on record saying he wants “climate deniers” to die off and who is a shameless promoter of identity politics—is now some kind of Trump stooge because he dared to sit with someone who holds a different opinion from his friends. Not only is he banished from the scientific establishment for his dirty deed, he is now branded racist, homophobic, and misogynistic.
This is a scary trajectory for science, and it’s being led by pernicious bullies like Michael Mann. The good people in the field need to speak out or it’s only a matter of time before they, too, are targeted just like Mercer and Nye."
02-14-2018 04:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
RE: Scientists try political purges
(02-14-2018 04:10 PM)bullet Wrote:  https://amgreatness.com/2018/02/09/clima...s-deniers/

Hard to believe they are serious about science when they shun.

"...So, as the climate cabal feels their grip on federal policy and public opinion weaken, its zealots are becoming more desperate. Michael Mann, a Penn State University climatologist and the media’s go-to-guy for any apocalyptic quote about how anthropogenic global warming will kill us all, seems more unbalanced than usual. As the “Citizen Secretary of Science and Environment” in Donald Trump’s so-called “Shadow Cabinet”—which also includes Laurence Tribe and Robert Reich—Mann appears to be taking his pretend post a bit too seriously. Mann recently called White House advisor Kellyanne Conway “evil incarnate,” said Trump is a “moron” and a “threat to the planet,” and denounced Devin Nunes as “a traitor to this country” and demanded he “be subject to appropriate sanctions.” He’s mocked the president’s son and tweeted at the First Lady. (Pretty ironic coming from a guy who filed a lawsuit because someone called him a mean name)...."

"They are even starting to turn on their own. Scientists recently blasted Mann’s pal, Bill Nye the Science Guy, for attending the State of the Union address with Jim Bridenstine, Trump’s pick for NASA administrator. More than 500 women scientists accused Nye of placing his “personal brand over the interests of the scientific community at large” and blamed him for using his “public persona as a science entertainer to support an administration that is expressly xenophobic, homophobic, misogynistic, racist, ableist, and anti-science.” They claimed, “it is impossible to separate science at major agencies like NASA from other pressing issues like racism, bigotry, and misogyny.”
So Bill Nye—a man on record saying he wants “climate deniers” to die off and who is a shameless promoter of identity politics—is now some kind of Trump stooge because he dared to sit with someone who holds a different opinion from his friends. Not only is he banished from the scientific establishment for his dirty deed, he is now branded racist, homophobic, and misogynistic.
This is a scary trajectory for science, and it’s being led by pernicious bullies like Michael Mann. The good people in the field need to speak out or it’s only a matter of time before they, too, are targeted just like Mercer and Nye."

"shadow cabinet"? I guess these folks want war. Its not going to work out like they think
02-14-2018 05:16 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
I'm still laughing at "scientists"....

it's a biatch when thingys start looking at fundamentals and data.....

03-hissyfit03-hissyfit03-hissyfit03-hissyfit03-hissyfit03-hissyfit
02-14-2018 05:31 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
Yes, surely you guys are the ones who know whats really going on with the climate and you certainly don't look foolish in the least.
02-14-2018 05:56 PM
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
Don’t feed the trolls. They will get one to 4 posts and another thread will waste to the dust bin of history. They surely don’t post for discussion or credibility. My God look at the source he is using.
02-14-2018 06:05 PM
Advertisement

umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
(02-14-2018 05:56 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  Yes, surely you guys are the ones who know whats really going on with the climate and you certainly don't look foolish in the least.

When the "98% of scientists agree" claim has been shown to be at worst a lie and at best a misrepresentation, then who looks foolish?

Climate alarmists have been beating the same drum for several decades -- different tune, mind you. Ice Age... Global Warming... Climate Change...

Maybe they'll eventually get a slogan that might work and hide their data manipulation tricks. At that time maybe more people will believe their "gloom-and-doom-government-must-have-more-control-over-people" mantra.
02-14-2018 06:27 PM
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Buffalo
(02-14-2018 05:56 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  Yes, surely you guys are the ones who know whats really going on with the climate and you certainly don't look foolish in the least.

Justifies political purges how?
02-14-2018 06:39 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
Life giving and human prospering warmth. Who could be against it? Never mind.
02-14-2018 06:49 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

(02-14-2018 06:05 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  Don’t feed the trolls. They will get one to 4 posts and another thread will waste to the dust bin of history. They surely don’t post for discussion or credibility. My God look at the source he is using.

Says the Russian troll?
02-14-2018 07:21 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(02-14-2018 06:05 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  Don’t feed the trolls. They will get one to 4 posts and another thread will waste to the dust bin of history. They surely don’t post for discussion or credibility. My God look at the source he is using.

well done Mach.....a tad bit of irony there....

disclaimer: you know I gotta poke the ribs 03-wink

kudos and 04-cheers!
02-14-2018 07:47 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

The philanthropist attacked by the scientist feels obliged to write an editorial to defend herself.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/forget-the-...mail_share

"Over the past 18 months, I have been the subject of intense speculation and public scrutiny, in large part because of the philanthropic investments of the Mercer Family Foundation and the political contributions made by my father and me. I don’t seek attention for myself and much prefer to keep a low profile. But my natural reluctance to speak with reporters has left me vulnerable to the media’s sensational fantasies.
Some have recklessly described me as supporting toxic ideologies such as racism and anti-Semitism. More recently I have been accused of being “anti-science.” These absurd smears have inspired a few gullible, but vicious, characters to make credible death threats against my family and me.
Last month a writer for the Financial Times suggested mysteriously that my “political goals are something she has never publicly defined.” In broad strokes this is what I believe:..."
02-15-2018 09:23 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
Did you find anything on this that wasn't from a conservative blog or the WSJ?
02-16-2018 10:05 AM
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

(02-16-2018 10:05 AM)NIU007 Wrote:  Did you find anything on this that wasn't from a conservative blog or the WSJ?

Really..... Are you disputing any facts here or just attacking the people presenting them.

Was Bill Nye not attacked for attending the SOTU

.... Is Salon "too far right" https://www.salon.com/2018/01/30/bill-ny...-about-it/

Was Bill Nye not attacked *FORE BEING WHITE* on the day of science march
02-16-2018 10:22 AM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

(02-16-2018 10:22 AM)Bull_Is_Back Wrote:  
(02-16-2018 10:05 AM)NIU007 Wrote:  Did you find anything on this that wasn't from a conservative blog or the WSJ?

Really..... Are you disputing any facts here or just attacking the people presenting them.

.... Is Salon "too far right" https://www.salon.com/2018/01/30/bill-ny...-about-it/

If you don't like the facts or don't have a legitimate response, then you attack the source. Its a way to avoid discussion of uncomfortable facts.
02-16-2018 10:48 AM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(02-16-2018 10:22 AM)Bull_Is_Back Wrote:  

And that kiddies is what we call a ***** slap

03-lmfao
02-16-2018 10:53 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

Also, to complain about the WSJ as a source???????? Do you understand how ridiculous that makes you look?
02-16-2018 11:01 AM
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

(02-16-2018 11:01 AM)bullet Wrote:  Also, to complain about the WSJ as a source???????? Do you understand how ridiculous that makes you look?

Well it said something he didn't like... what else could he do?
02-16-2018 11:50 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.