Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Politico: GOP Now Leading In Generic Congressional Ballot
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
Politico: GOP Now Leading In Generic Congressional Ballot
[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:For the first time in months, a poll shows Republicans leading Democrats in a generic congressional ballot.

The figures in the Politico/Morning Consult survey will likely give Republicans fresh hope for holding on to congressional majorities — and reinforce the strategy to promote their tax law ahead of November's midterm elections.

Among registered voters, 39 percent said they would back the GOP candidate in their district, according to the poll. Thirty-eight percent said they would support a Democrat, while 23 percent are undecided.

The poll Wednesday showed other good news for Republicans. The 47 percent approval rating for President Donald Trump — whose dismal popularity threatens to drag on GOP candidates — matched his disapproval among voters in the survey.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.co...allot.html
02-14-2018 11:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
RE: Politico: GOP Now Leading In Generic Congressional Ballot
(02-14-2018 11:15 PM)Kronke Wrote:  [Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:For the first time in months, a poll shows Republicans leading Democrats in a generic congressional ballot.

The figures in the Politico/Morning Consult survey will likely give Republicans fresh hope for holding on to congressional majorities — and reinforce the strategy to promote their tax law ahead of November's midterm elections.

Among registered voters, 39 percent said they would back the GOP candidate in their district, according to the poll. Thirty-eight percent said they would support a Democrat, while 23 percent are undecided.

The poll Wednesday showed other good news for Republicans. The 47 percent approval rating for President Donald Trump — whose dismal popularity threatens to drag on GOP candidates — matched his disapproval among voters in the survey.

And yet, you guys keep getting beat in special elections.
02-15-2018 12:08 AM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
GOP took 1,000+ off of you in the past 8 years, of course you're going to win a few back here and there.

There's also a big difference between the midterms and some one-off special elections.

#RedWave
#TwoTerms
#SuperMajority

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2018 02:51 AM by Kronke.)
02-15-2018 12:41 AM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
once upon, I was adamantly opposed to a supermajority......

#nottoday

until they gain some skin and move to the center, they only get feces in their faces from me.....
02-15-2018 07:34 AM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(02-15-2018 12:08 AM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  

Well the Dems lost about 3 in a row. Now they have won 4 in a row. But then again, maybe they have lost some special elections and the media just isn't reporting it.
02-15-2018 12:56 PM
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
(02-15-2018 12:56 PM)bullet Wrote:  

Well the Dems lost about 3 in a row. Now they have won 4 in a row. But then again, maybe they have lost some special elections and the media just isn't reporting it.

One of those was stolen in a fashion we will see more of in the midterms. It won’t work every time but they will try it every time.
02-15-2018 02:07 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
(02-15-2018 02:07 PM)SoMs Eagle Wrote:  
(02-15-2018 12:56 PM)bullet Wrote:  

One of those was stolen in a fashion we will see more of in the midterms. It won’t work every time but they will try it every time.

Stolen? How was that? Please, do tell.
02-15-2018 05:35 PM
Advertisement

umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!

Yeah, go figure.

Kinda like all the polls that show people favored Democrats during the 8 years of Obaman while the GOP made a net gain of 1,042 seats.

Oh, by the way... y'all have a loooooooooooooooooooong way to go in these special elections to make up that 1,000+ seat difference.
02-17-2018 07:18 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
I’m still disappointed because the GOP needs to get curb stomped out as well.
02-17-2018 07:24 PM
Old Dominion Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
Can't figure your politics out. Some posts you sound like a progressive, others not so much. Libertarian?
02-17-2018 07:49 PM
Advertisement

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
(02-17-2018 07:49 PM)Old Dominion Wrote:  Can't figure your politics out. Some posts you sound like a progressive, others not so much. Libertarian?

Me?

Libertarian... most certainly not. I’ve put a lot on here about how silly I find their idiology.
02-17-2018 07:55 PM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tech
Obama's two terms were a disaster for donks at all levels of government, right down to the state level.

If the economy continues to improve, Trump will drag pubs along with him and eventually make believers out of them.
02-17-2018 08:00 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(02-17-2018 08:00 PM)TechRocks Wrote:  Obama's two terms were a disaster for donks at all levels of government, right down to the state level.

If the economy continues to improve, Trump will drag pubs along with him and eventually make believers out of them.

...which was the overall goal to begin with.....
02-17-2018 08:17 PM
Advertisement

umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
(02-17-2018 07:24 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  I’m still disappointed because the GOP needs to get curb stomped out as well.

As long as we're talking about establishment GOPers, I agree completely.

That's why I've been TEA Party the past several years... so that the RINOs would take a beating.
02-17-2018 08:19 PM
NoDak Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UND
Suddenly, North Dakota representative Cramer will take on the Democrat Senator Heitkamp. Heitkamp only won six years ago as she ran against the representative at that time had highly negative personal issues. Voters just assumed she would be moderate, not a Pelosi clone. Heitkamp's views on oil and the liberal victim philosophy are widely despised now. Republican pick up a Senate seat that will be conservative, not RINO.
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2018 08:57 PM by NoDak.)
02-17-2018 08:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.