Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CoC.@ JMU hoops
Bookmark and Share
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
CoC.@ JMU hoops
JMU has another chance to pull off a huge home victory, this time against the league’s best team. CoC has hit their groove with 8 straight wins including wins over th #2, #3, and #4 teams.

The Cougars will be odds on favorites to win the CAA tourney not just because they are trending to be the top seed, but they will be playing 10 miles from campus and are sure to have the majority of fans. All other tourney games not including CoC will be empty and lifeless.

CoC returns all of its key players from last year and that game experience has helped them improve from what was a bad offense last year into an average offense this year. The tendency to zone up a formerly poor shooting CoC team is no longer as effective this year. Surprisingly though, their defense has slipped a little this year. While they are still good they are not nearly as suffocating as in the past.

Probably not going to end well for the home team, but even bad college b-ball teams win the majority of their home games. So you are saying there is a chance...

JMU 58
CoC 68

P.s. an important game to keep our eyes on is Elon @ UNCW. Elon is in that #6 seed everyone wants to avoid the Keener round. If Elon wins hope is probably dead for JMU. If UNCW wins, the now season ending game for JMU @ Elon may be so important that it impacts the seed of 4 teams and 3 of them will be crying the blues in the Keener round.
02-15-2018 05:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
RE: CoC.@ JMU hoops
Charleston opens as 4.5 pt favorites. The underdog has now beaten the spread in the last 9 JMU games.
02-15-2018 07:05 AM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

Amazing Facts @FactSoup
14h 14 hours ago

The worst person to be around is someone who complains about everything and appreciates nothing.
02-15-2018 07:23 AM
NC Tribe Offline
1st String

I Root For: W&M, JMU
(02-15-2018 05:12 AM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  JMU has another chance to pull off a huge home victory, this time against the league’s best team. CoC has hit their groove with 8 straight wins including wins over th #2, #3, and #4 teams.

The Cougars will be odds on favorites to win the CAA tourney not just because they are trending to be the top seed, but they will be playing 10 miles from campus and are sure to have the majority of fans. All other tourney games not including CoC will be empty and lifeless.

CoC returns all of its key players from last year and that game experience has helped them improve from what was a bad offense last year into an average offense this year. The tendency to zone up a formerly poor shooting CoC team is no longer as effective this year. Surprisingly though, their defense has slipped a little this year. While they are still good they are not nearly as suffocating as in the past.

Probably not going to end well for the home team, but even bad college b-ball teams win the majority of their home games. So you are saying there is a chance...

JMU 58
CoC 68

P.s. an important game to keep our eyes on is Elon @ UNCW. Elon is in that #6 seed everyone wants to avoid the Keener round. If Elon wins hope is probably dead for JMU. If UNCW wins, the now season ending game for JMU @ Elon may be so important that it impacts the seed of 4 teams and 3 of them will be crying the blues in the Keener round.

I disagree with your statement that "all other tourney games not including CoC will be empty and lifeless."

Did you attend the tourney last year?

The crowds weren't huge at all the games, but there was good energy for the quarterfinals and semifinal games that didn't include CoC last year.

UNCW and W&M brought good contingents of fans. UNCW won't bring as many this year, but they will bring some. Even the JMU game Friday night wasn't lifeless. I thought the JUM fans that I was sitting with were going to get thrown out at one point. We were a couple of rows from the court and the refs could actually hear all our shouts.

The tournament is going to be in North Charleston this season and next. It is up to the fans of their respective teams to bring their own energy. VCU had a hometown advantage at the Richmond Coliseum, but it isn't like they won every tournament.
02-15-2018 08:26 AM
jmudukes Offline
2nd String

I Root For: jmu
(02-15-2018 08:26 AM)NC Tribe Wrote:  
(02-15-2018 05:12 AM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  JMU has another chance to pull off a huge home victory, this time against the league’s best team. CoC has hit their groove with 8 straight wins including wins over th #2, #3, and #4 teams.

JMU 58
CoC 68

I disagree with your statement that "all other tourney games not including CoC will be empty and lifeless."

The crowds weren't huge at all the games, but there was good energy for the quarterfinals and semifinal games that didn't include CoC last year.

UNCW and W&M brought good contingents of fans. UNCW won't bring as many this year, but they will bring some. Even the JMU game Friday night wasn't lifeless. I thought the JUM fans that I was sitting with were going to get thrown out at one point. We were a couple of rows from the court and the refs could actually hear all our shouts.

The tournament is going to be in North Charleston this season and next. It is up to the fans of their respective teams to bring their own energy. VCU had a hometown advantage at the Richmond Coliseum, but it isn't like they won every tournament.

Never underestimate the Dukes! We have lost too many games by a couple of points. We can win! Please pack the convo tonight!
02-15-2018 08:47 AM
sctvman Offline
1st String

I Root For: C of Charleston
(02-15-2018 08:26 AM)NC Tribe Wrote:  

JMU 58
CoC 68

Yep. UNCW last year in the finals had as many fans as CofC, maybe more. It was probably 50/50. W&M had a large contingent as well. That JMU/Drexel game was very vocal. They were also vocal (the fans that JMU did have) when they nearly beat CofC in the quarterfinals. The NU/Towson game I was at was dead. Late game on the first day, and there were probably 200-300 by the 2nd half.
02-15-2018 09:39 AM
Advertisement

nyduke Offline
1st String

I Root For: jmu
Dukes beat coc by 7
02-15-2018 09:52 AM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

(02-15-2018 08:26 AM)NC Tribe Wrote:  I disagree with your statement that "all other tourney games not including CoC will be empty and lifeless."

Sessions not involving CoC averaged 2990 paid fans and we know that doesn’t mean fans who actually show up. Sessions involving CoC averaged 5080 paid fans. It’s a big difference and the CAA is thanking its lucky stars that CoC was good last year and this year. As the only noteworthy conference moneymaker, a poorly attended tourney can sink the CAA annual financials.

Get this thing into JMU’s new $88 million crown jewel in a few years and we can ignore all future attendance problems. 02-13-banana
I wouldn’t mind CAA teams bidding to host as long as their facility can handle a conference tourney. TD Arena and SECU Arena would be excellent tournament facilities. I don’t think you can do an equitable round robin or a “regular season champ hosts”. Drexel couldn’t meet demand, Northeastern might have conflicting hockey games in Matthews arena etc.
02-15-2018 12:26 PM
Centdukesfan Offline
All American

I Root For: Dukes, bud
dukes literally by 100
02-15-2018 12:48 PM
Dukeman2 Offline
Special Teams

CAA Basketball Arenas/Year Built/Capacity

Elon 1949 1,585
Charleston 2008 5,100
Drexel 1975 2,509
JMU 1982 6,429
Hofstra 2000 5,023
Delaware 1992 5,100
Northeastern 1910 5,066
W&M 1971 11,300
UNCW 1977 5,200
Towson 2013 5,200

DNR Spring 2015 - Both James Madison athletic director Jeff Bourne and Colonial Athletic Association Commissioner Tom Yeager say the CAA is “close” to being back to where it once was as a men’s basketball league. Both Bourne and Yeager expressed confidence in the direction the league is heading

Yeager concedes that he'd like more fans at the event. But he says attendance should swell after the tournament grows roots in Baltimore.
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2018 12:56 PM by Dukeman2.)
02-15-2018 12:55 PM
Duke Dawg Offline
Heisman

02-15-2018 01:04 PM
Advertisement

Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

I Root For: the Dukes
(02-15-2018 12:55 PM)Dukeman2 Wrote:  CAA Basketball Arenas/Year Built/Capacity

Elon 1949 1,585
Charleston 2008 5,100
Drexel 1975 2,509
JMU 1982 6,429
Hofstra 2000 5,023
Delaware 1992 5,100
Northeastern 1910 5,066
W&M 1971 11,300
UNCW 1977 5,200
Towson 2013 5,200

DNR Spring 2015 - Both James Madison athletic director Jeff Bourne and Colonial Athletic Association Commissioner Tom Yeager say the CAA is “close” to being back to where it once was as a men’s basketball league. Both Bourne and Yeager expressed confidence in the direction the league is heading

Yeager concedes that he'd like more fans at the event. But he says attendance should swell after the tournament grows roots in Baltimore.

you seem upset
02-15-2018 02:13 PM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

I forgot about Elon building a new 5,000 arena that opens next season. That would be a decent tourney facility behind the TD arena and SECU arena.

02-15-2018 05:22 PM
PGJMU2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Dukes
(02-15-2018 05:22 PM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  I forgot about Elon building a new 5,000 arena that opens next season. That would be a decent tourney facility behind the TD arena and SECU arena.

we should have admitted Dwight Schar's kid to JMU!!! Maybe they have other kids? maybe a nephew or niece?

how about Danny Snyder's kid. he is about 12, lets start recruiting him. Dan could build the second tier to Bridgeforth and move training camp to harrisonburg.
02-15-2018 05:32 PM
PhillyDuke Offline
Special Teams

(02-15-2018 05:32 PM)PGJMU2 Wrote:  
(02-15-2018 05:22 PM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  I forgot about Elon building a new 5,000 arena that opens next season. That would be a decent tourney facility behind the TD arena and SECU arena.

we should have admitted Dwight Schar's kid to JMU!!! Maybe they have other kids? maybe a nephew or niece?

how about Danny Snyder's kid. he is about 12, lets start recruiting him. Dan could build the second tier to Bridgeforth and move training camp to harrisonburg.

Newer amenities, but that arena reminds me a ton of the Bob in Newark.
02-15-2018 06:18 PM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

The Dukes are hanging in at halftime 37-35 with an assortment of hustle plays. They are shooting crappy, but that is what CoC does to other teams. Excellent on ball defense.
This would be a benchmark win for the team if they can pull it off.
CoC is checking in at RPI #71
02-15-2018 07:54 PM
Advertisement

82hawk Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UN CW
UNCW destroying Elon. 54-36 at the half. Lead was 24.
02-15-2018 08:00 PM
Centdukesfan Offline
All American

I Root For: Dukes, bud
anyone else getting a "stream not available"?
02-15-2018 08:13 PM
jmufan2008 Offline
All American

I Root For: The Dukes
(02-15-2018 08:13 PM)Centdukesfan Wrote:  anyone else getting a "stream not available"?

Yup. Not sure what the deal is. Watching live stats instead...
02-15-2018 08:31 PM
s2dsayer Offline
All American

I Root For: Duuuuukes
(02-15-2018 08:31 PM)jmufan2008 Wrote:  
(02-15-2018 08:13 PM)Centdukesfan Wrote:  anyone else getting a "stream not available"?

Yup. Not sure what the deal is. Watching live stats instead...

yeah me too
02-15-2018 08:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.