Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Trump Knows His Opponents
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
Don't get me wrong, the GOP does similar things.

The Dems have been playing emotional games with Americans over issues they supposedly care dearly about, yet their actions show they refuse to do anything about them.

Trump: Dems could have passed gun control under Obama

Quote:President Trump on Saturday blamed Democrats for failing to act to strengthen gun restrictions under the Obama administration, accusing them of using the issue as a political talking point.

"Just like they don’t want to solve the DACA problem, why didn’t the Democrats pass gun control legislation when they had both the House & Senate during the Obama Administration. Because they didn’t want to, and now they just talk!" Trump tweeted.
02-18-2018 11:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
RE: Trump Knows His Opponents
He does have a point.

(which is probably my shortest post ever :) )
02-18-2018 11:54 AM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
The democrats did this back in 1992. Gun control. Raised taxes. Hillary care.

And they got schlonged in 1994.
02-18-2018 12:09 PM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tech
(02-18-2018 12:09 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  The democrats did this back in 1992. Gun control. Raised taxes. Hillary care.

Boy did they get schlonged. For those of you too young to remember, or perhaps not even born, 1994 was the year the dims lost control of congress for the first time in something like 50 years.

Okay, it was 40 years actually.

Quote:The 1994 United States elections were held on November 8, 1994. The election occurred in the middle of Democratic President Bill Clinton's first term in office, and elected the members of 104th United States Congress. This was the year known as the Republican Revolution, in which members of the Republican Party captured majorities in the House of Representatives, Senate and governors mansions. Republicans were able to gain eight Senate seats, fifty-four House seats, and ten governorships. In addition, many state legislative chambers switched from Democratic to Republican control. This became the first time since 1954 that control of both Congressional chambers switched at the same time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Sta...ions,_1994
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2018 12:48 PM by TechRocks.)
02-18-2018 12:44 PM
Advertisement

TechRocks Offline
Heisman

(02-18-2018 11:47 AM)umbluegray Wrote:  Don't get me wrong, the GOP does similar things.

The Dems have been playing emotional games with Americans over issues they supposedly care dearly about, yet their actions show they refuse to do anything about them.

Quote:President Trump on Saturday blamed Democrats for failing to act to strengthen gun restrictions under the Obama administration, accusing them of using the issue as a political talking point.

"Just like they don’t want to solve the DACA problem, why didn’t the Democrats pass gun control legislation when they had both the House & Senate during the Obama Administration. Because they didn’t want to, and now they just talk!" Trump tweeted.

One thing I like about this president is that he's not worried about political-correctness. He says exactly what's on his mind.
02-18-2018 12:52 PM
Marc Mensa Online
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
They couldn't pass it because their caucus is fragmented with liberals and moderates; and democrats in states like West Virginia, Montana and South Dakota stand no chance at re-election if they support any form of gun control.

Its odd Trump would make such a comment after his party failed to pass healthcare reform. Clearly, he understands neither party is a unified block.
02-18-2018 01:07 PM
Old Dominion Online
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(02-18-2018 12:52 PM)TechRocks Wrote:  
(02-18-2018 11:47 AM)umbluegray Wrote:  Don't get me wrong, the GOP does similar things.

One thing I like about this president is that he's not worried about political-correctness. He says exactly what's on his mind.

A great asset to his supporters, one of his biggest liabilities' to the rest. Half of what comes out of his mouth is not true.
02-18-2018 01:14 PM
Advertisement

TechRocks Offline
Heisman

(02-18-2018 01:07 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  They couldn't pass it because their caucus is fragmented with liberals and moderates; and democrats in states like West Virginia, Montana and South Dakota stand no chance at re-election if they support any form of gun control.

Its odd Trump would make such a comment after his party failed to pass healthcare reform. Clearly, he understands neither party is a unified block.

I don't think it's odd at all that he would make such a comment.

Dims today are calling for gun control, something they do after every single event like this, and are trying to use it as an issue to harm the president and divide the country.

The president is responding by correctly pointing out that they recently controlled the executive and legislative branches of our government and not only failed to do it, they didn't even give it a serious try IIRC.

If they're truly serious about it, why didn't they do it then? Tough question, one they can't or won't answer honestly in all likelihood.
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2018 01:21 PM by TechRocks.)
02-18-2018 01:17 PM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

(02-18-2018 01:14 PM)Old Dominion Wrote:  

A great asset to his supporters, one of his biggest liabilities' to the rest. Half of what comes out of his mouth is not true.

There you go again stating your opinion as fact OD. As has been said before, Trump's opponents take him literally, but don't take him seriously, while his supporters take him seriously, but don't take him literally.

Are you prepared to demonstrate to us that on any given day, or week, or month, or year that one-half of what he says is not true? If you're not prepared to do that, then you're just trolling which I believe the AUP says you're not to do here.
02-18-2018 01:20 PM
Marc Mensa Online
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
(02-18-2018 01:17 PM)TechRocks Wrote:  
(02-18-2018 01:07 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  They couldn't pass it because their caucus is fragmented with liberals and moderates; and democrats in states like West Virginia, Montana and South Dakota stand no chance at re-election if they support any form of gun control.

Dems today are calling for gun control, something they do after every single event like this, and are trying to use it as an issue to harm the president and divide the country.

The president is responding by correctly pointing out that they recently controlled the executive and legislative branches of our government and not only failed to do it, they didn't even give it a serious try IIRC.

If they're truly serious about it, why didn't they do it then? Tough question, one they can't or won't answer honestly in all likelihood.

Some are focal, some are not. Depends on where they're from and who they represent.
02-18-2018 03:10 PM
Advertisement

Old Dominion Online
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(02-18-2018 01:20 PM)TechRocks Wrote:  

There you go again stating your opinion as fact OD. As has been said before, Trump's opponents take him literally, but don't take him seriously, while his supporters take him seriously, but don't take him literally.

Are you prepared to demonstrate to us that on any given day, or week, or month, or year that one-half of what he says is not true? If you're not prepared to do that, then you're just trolling which I believe the AUP says you're not to do here.

OK so It's in the language I assume. If I had said "in my opinion half of what he says...... " that would have been OK?I think part of the problem is in my mind I know when I'm not being literal but obviously no one else does. I mean to me it should be self evident I don't know or really believe literally half of what he says is a lie. Why don't people recognize exaggeration?

But isn't that a problem in itself? Why should the public have to guess when he's serious and when he's not?
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2018 03:21 PM by Old Dominion.)
02-18-2018 03:17 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
(02-18-2018 03:17 PM)Old Dominion Wrote:  
(02-18-2018 01:20 PM)TechRocks Wrote:  

OK so It's in the language I assume. If I had said "in my opinion half of what he says...... " that would have been OK?I think part of the problem is in my mind I know when I'm not being literal but obviously no one else does. I mean to me it should be self evident I don't know or really believe literally half of what he says is a lie. Why don't people recognize exaggeration?

But isn't that a problem in itself? Why should the public have to guess when he's serious and when he's not?

I wonder that myself....

those on the left and in the media just don't get it. Its like their eyes turn red and steam flows from their ears and it blinds them to everything else. Even when the end results are good.

As for the last bold part...

they shouldn't, they should look at the results because as a businessman you don't tilt your hand and let those on the other side of the deal see it. He's President but no a politician that only cares how they sound. Results matter more, even a tiny win matters more than a loss.

Most of the time politicians who's way of life depends on what something looks like (even if's good for the country) is the most important thing. If those on the left and far right would wise up....

everyone wins
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2018 04:12 PM by WKUYG.)
02-18-2018 04:06 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(02-18-2018 12:44 PM)TechRocks Wrote:  
(02-18-2018 12:09 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  The democrats did this back in 1992. Gun control. Raised taxes. Hillary care.

Boy did they get schlonged. For those of you too young to remember, or perhaps not even born, 1994 was the year the dims lost control of congress for the first time in something like 50 years.

Okay, it was 40 years actually.

Quote:The 1994 United States elections were held on November 8, 1994. The election occurred in the middle of Democratic President Bill Clinton's first term in office, and elected the members of 104th United States Congress. This was the year known as the Republican Revolution, in which members of the Republican Party captured majorities in the House of Representatives, Senate and governors mansions. Republicans were able to gain eight Senate seats, fifty-four House seats, and ten governorships. In addition, many state legislative chambers switched from Democratic to Republican control. This became the first time since 1954 that control of both Congressional chambers switched at the same time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Sta...ions,_1994

Contract with America, modern political genius.

And you know what still stands out to me from that flip and the aftermath?

The R majorities were all called “Nazis”.

Hunh. More things change, more they...
02-18-2018 06:54 PM
Advertisement

JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom

So, they lack the courage of their convictions.

Got it.

And it’s really not like healthcare “reform”, at all.

One is a Constitutional, adjudicated Right.

One is a poorly designed, worse implemented, de facto welfare program run amuck. A Redistribution plan that my teen age Kids will pay for, for seemingly the rest of their lives.

Oh, and still not have health “care”, only a shiny new plastic card they can’t afford to use.

Great plan...
02-18-2018 07:17 PM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

(02-18-2018 03:10 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  
(02-18-2018 01:17 PM)TechRocks Wrote:  

Dems today are calling for gun control, something they do after every single event like this, and are trying to use it as an issue to harm the president and divide the country.

Some are focal, some are not. Depends on where they're from and who they represent.

Ok, but how does that make his comment odd? The chances that sweeping changes in gun ownership laws are about nil under a pub president, pub congress, and pub senate.

Their best chance was early in Obama's first term when dims controlled everything and they didn't do it, didn't even try from what I recall. Why not? If they don't believe in it, then why do they scream about and why does the media give them such a platform to call for it? Nevermind, I know the answer.
02-18-2018 07:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.