Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Russian athlete reportedly fails Olympic drug test
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Russian athlete reportedly fails Olympic drug test
Quote:Just what Russia needs: a doping positive.

There were reports Sunday that a Russian athlete – a curler, of all people – had tested positive for the banned substance meldonium, best known for fetching a 15-month ban for Russian tennis star Maria Sharapova in 2016.

Russian Olympic officials confirmed to media they had been informed of a positive test but that the B sample had yet to be tested to confirm the findings. Other reports identified the athlete as Alexander Krushelnitsky, who won a bronze medal last week in the mixed curling competition with his wife.

If true, the headlines won’t look good – “Russian tests positive at Olympics” – in light of the allegations of widespread, state-sponsored doping at the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi. That resulted in a diluted team of 168 athletes being invited to Pyeongchang to compete under a neutral flag as “Olympic Athletes from Russia” after supposedly being vetted for any doping suspicion.

The Russian flag was not present at Opening Ceremony, but the International Olympic Committee had left open the possibility of it returning for Closing Ceremony next Sunday if the Russians behaved.

The circumstances of the doping offense, though, may provide some mitigation, being a substance of debatable performance enhancement in a sport where it would appear to do little good.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/spor...story.html
02-18-2018 12:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
RE: Russian athlete reportedly fails Olympic drug test
Russian collusion!!!!!
02-18-2018 01:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
Curling? I mean, I realize it's probably harder than it looks but come on you don't need to be an athlete to do that. You just need to practice it a long time to get the technique down.

I saw them quite a bit (his wife was the good looking one I posted a photo of in the other Olympic thread) and I actually saw their semifinal match, and to be honest, he choked the final shot of that match and cost them a shot for a Gold Medal.

Maybe they should the change of OAR to OAR (or OAR Not).
02-18-2018 01:29 PM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tech
Is there any way we can tie this to Trump?
02-18-2018 01:31 PM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(02-18-2018 01:31 PM)TechRocks Wrote:  Is there any way we can tie this to Trump?

I'm sure there are enough people trying that if there is, someone will find it.
02-18-2018 02:27 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
They really should have been banned, I don't think medals for them officially count. They are on probation.
02-18-2018 02:43 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Russian women tested positive for taking hot pills
02-18-2018 03:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.