trump Gun Ban - Bump Stocks, etc.
02-20-2018 04:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
RE: trump Gun Ban - Bump Stocks, etc.
(02-20-2018 04:20 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Trump signs memo recommending AG Sessions ban 'bump stocks' — devices that turn weapons into 'machine guns'
One can easily make one and say its not one. Someone will. But I have no problem with banning them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
02-20-2018 04:48 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
No problem, the spirit of the law in no automatic weapons unless you were grandfathered in or get the special FBI approval to purchase an automatic weapon............which costs probably 10K minimum. 99% of gun murders are handguns, so largely symbolic.
02-20-2018 04:58 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
There. We've "done something."
02-20-2018 05:05 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(02-20-2018 05:05 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  There. We've "done something."

And the "something" will be just as effective at stopping mass shootings as banning "assault weapons"

But I now wonder how much money I can off idiots make selling custom "wooden planks with attached dowels"

Or else invest in suspender companies since we are going to have to ban belt loops.

02-20-2018 05:21 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
(02-20-2018 05:21 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(02-20-2018 05:05 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  There. We've "done something."

And the "something" will be just as effective at stopping mass shootings as banning "assault weapons"

Yes, but we have "done something." That's all they ever asked of us.
02-20-2018 05:29 PM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
Guns don't kill people, people do. So address it as a people problem, not a gun problem.

How many At-15s do you suppose there are in Florida? 10,000 seems like a reasonable number. 9,999 of them are no problem whatsoever. The only one that is a problem is the one that ended up in Nikolas Cruz's possession. If system works properly to keep Nikolas Cruz from getting his hands on so much as a cap pistol, let alone a real gun, then 17 people are still alive. If we get rid of all 10,000 AR-15s in Florida, but Nikolas Cruz can still get his hands on 2 or 3 pistols, then Parkland happens, and in all likelihood more than 17 are killed.

The only way you are going to achieve anything by banning guns is to ban all guns. And I don't want to live in that country.
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2018 05:30 PM by Owl 69/70/75.)
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
Doesn't stop any crime and only emboldens gun grabbers.
UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

I Root For: UTSA
I really dont have a problem with this.
02-20-2018 05:39 PM
Kaplony Offline

(02-20-2018 05:39 PM)UTSAMarineVet09 Wrote:  I really dont have a problem with this.

While I am somewhat concerned about it emboldening the gun grabbers like Paul said I tend to agree somewhat. It's about like banning barrel shrouds...it isn't going to make any appreciable difference.
02-20-2018 05:51 PM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
So, what Obama failed to do, Trump will do.

Aint that right, libturds? Gonna give some credit where credit is due?
02-20-2018 06:15 PM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Much to do about nothing legislation. Mostly just symbolic and will not stop a dedicated nutjob from killing a bunch of people if they want to do it.. In fact...NOTHING is going to stop that. NEVER has...NEVER will. All we can do is try the best we can to identify these nutjobs before they carry out an attack. However...Even with the BEST system in place....some are going to slip through the cracks. It is our job as concerned citizens to help. If we see or know someone that we think could be one of these nutjobs? Speak up...LOUDLY.
02-20-2018 07:39 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
Florida House votes down motion to consider a ban on "assault weapons".

Quote:The Florida state House on Tuesday rejected a ban on assault weapons and large capacity magazines as dozens of survivors of last week's school shooting headed to the state Capitol to turn their grief into political action.

Lawmakers voted down a motion to consider the ban during a session that opened with a prayer for the 17 people killed by a former student last Wednesday at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland. The vote was 36-71.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/20/us/florid...index.html
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2018 07:42 PM by Kronke.)
02-20-2018 07:41 PM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
Well, there are many gun owners doing their part and destroying their AR 15 guns. They want to let the word out as well.
02-20-2018 10:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kronke Offline
Banned

(02-20-2018 10:22 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  Well, there are many gun owners doing their part and destroying their AR 15 guns. They want to let the word out as well.

Many or 1? The goal medal winner in virtue signaling, and oh by the way, he committed a felony.
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2018 10:27 PM by Kronke.)
02-20-2018 10:27 PM
Kaplony Offline

(02-20-2018 10:27 PM)Kronke Wrote:  
(02-20-2018 10:22 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  Well, there are many gun owners doing their part and destroying their AR 15 guns. They want to let the word out as well.

Many or 1? The goal medal winner in virtue signaling, and oh by the way, he committed a felony.

Not to mention the fact he didn't destroy the firearm. If he wanted to do that he should have took the saw to the lower.
02-20-2018 10:29 PM
Advertisement

Kronke Offline
Banned

(02-20-2018 10:29 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(02-20-2018 10:27 PM)Kronke Wrote:  

Not to mention the fact he didn't destroy the firearm. If he wanted to do that he should have took the saw to the lower.

Which leads me to believe it was staged. A real, 30+ year firearms owner would know which piece actually makes it the gun, and they would certainly know not to be messing with the barrel.

He might as well have just sawed off the grip. Equally effective as what he did (replacing the grip is just as easy as replacing the barrel), and at least it wouldn't have been illegal.
02-20-2018 10:57 PM
miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
(02-20-2018 07:39 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  Much to do about nothing legislation. Mostly just symbolic and will not stop a dedicated nutjob from killing a bunch of people if they want to do it.. In fact...NOTHING is going to stop that. NEVER has...NEVER will. All we can do is try the best we can to identify these nutjobs before they carry out an attack. However...Even with the BEST system in place....some are going to slip through the cracks. It is our job as concerned citizens to help. If we see or know someone that we think could be one of these nutjobs? Speak up...LOUDLY.

Par for the course for most politicians.

Meaningless action done quickly = good

Taking time to study the problem and come up with a meaningful solution = too slow, election's just around the corner!
02-20-2018 11:04 PM
JMUDunk Online
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(02-20-2018 05:51 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(02-20-2018 05:39 PM)UTSAMarineVet09 Wrote:  I really dont have a problem with this.

While I am somewhat concerned about it emboldening the gun grabbers like Paul said I tend to agree somewhat. It's about like banning barrel shrouds...it isn't going to make any appreciable difference.

My only problem is the stupidity of it all.

It doesn’t directly affect me, I’ll just use a belt loop or closet dowel if I feel the need to “bump stock” a gun I don’t even own.

But, let’s face it. We’re gonna “ban” something we already have tens of thousands of, cause they look skeery. Nothing more.

We did this foolishness 25 years ago and it made NO difference.

Outlaw a Saturday night special, that might make a blip.

Silly.
02-21-2018 06:16 AM
JMUDunk Online
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(02-20-2018 07:39 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  Much to do about nothing legislation. Mostly just symbolic and will not stop a dedicated nutjob from killing a bunch of people if they want to do it.. In fact...NOTHING is going to stop that. NEVER has...NEVER will. All we can do is try the best we can to identify these nutjobs before they carry out an attack. However...Even with the BEST system in place....some are going to slip through the cracks. It is our job as concerned citizens to help. If we see or know someone that we think could be one of these nutjobs? Speak up...LOUDLY.

And they/we did in this case.

Fell on deaf ears.

Who’s been held accountable for this failure? How many fired, or brought up on charges?

Oh. Right.
02-21-2018 06:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.