Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Armed carjacker, is shot dead by a 24-year-old driver with a concealed gun
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...d-gun.html

Quote:A 21-year-old carjacking suspect was shot dead in Milwaukee early Monday when police say his intended victim put to use his concealed gun.

Police Capt. Andra Williams says the 24-year-old man was heading to work shortly before 6am when Carlos Martin allegedly tried to rob him near Milwaukee MachineTool Corporation in the 8800 block of West Fond du Lac Avenue.

The motorist thwarted the carjacking by shooting the 21-year-old suspect with his handgun, for which he has a valid concealed carry permit, according to the authorities. Williams tells Fox 6 Now the shooter stayed at the scene and is cooperating with the investigation. He has not been named.

Police say Martin, who was a convicted felon, was also armed with a gun at the time of the botched robbery.

They are looking for a green Chrysler Pacifica which may be connected to the attempted carjacking.

Milwaukee County prosecutors will decide whether charges are warranted against the shooter, or if Martin’s killing was justified self-defense.

According to online arrest records, despite his young age Martin had been booked into jail on at least four occasions in 2015 and 2016, including on charges of substantial battery and robbery with use of force.

A recent Facebook post on his account indicates that the 21-year-old man has a young daughter and a son on the way.

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2018 09:40 AM by WKUYG.)
03-01-2018 09:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
RE: Armed carjacker, is shot dead by a 24-year-old driver with a concealed gun
More, please.
03-01-2018 09:39 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(03-01-2018 09:38 AM)WKUYG Wrote:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...d-gun.html

A 21-year-old carjacking suspect was shot dead in Milwaukee early Monday when police say his intended victim put to use his concealed gun.

Police Capt. Andra Williams says the 24-year-old man was heading to work shortly before 6am when Carlos Martin allegedly tried to rob him near Milwaukee MachineTool Corporation in the 8800 block of West Fond du Lac Avenue.

The motorist thwarted the carjacking by shooting the 21-year-old suspect with his handgun, for which he has a valid concealed carry permit, according to the authorities. Williams tells Fox 6 Now the shooter stayed at the scene and is cooperating with the investigation. He has not been named.

Police say Martin, who was a convicted felon, was also armed with a gun at the time of the botched robbery.

They are looking for a green Chrysler Pacifica which may be connected to the attempted carjacking.

Milwaukee County prosecutors will decide whether charges are warranted against the shooter, or if Martin’s killing was justified self-defense.

According to online arrest records, despite his young age Martin had been booked into jail on at least four occasions in 2015 and 2016, including on charges of substantial battery and robbery with use of force.

A recent Facebook post on his account indicates that the 21-year-old man has a young daughter and a son on the way.

How soon until the follow up article where the carjacker's mother said he was a good boy, who never harmed anyone. He got caught up with the wrong crowd and was just starting to turn his life around. :)
03-01-2018 09:41 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
HERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
03-01-2018 09:44 AM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(03-01-2018 09:39 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  More, please.

Assuming it's ruled as justifiable - the good news is that society won't have to spend a ton of money for trials, lawyers, and housing him in prison. The swiftest of justice.........and it obviously wasn't this guy's 1st time down this road. He just picked the wrong victim this time.................
03-01-2018 09:44 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

(03-01-2018 09:41 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  How soon until the follow up article where the carjacker's mother said he was a good boy, who never harmed anyone. He got caught up with the wrong crowd and was just starting to turn his life around. :)

Don't forget the lamentations that the driver should have just shot the carjacker in the leg.
03-01-2018 09:47 AM
Advertisement

VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte

Here you go! Occurred last week I believe.

Clerks fight off would-be robber inside liquor store
03-01-2018 10:03 AM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry

Ask and ye shall receive

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/au...story.html

Quote:Dave Thomas was getting ready for work Monday afternoon when he heard women screaming in his apartment building in Oswego.

Thomas, a gun instructor, peeked out the door and saw blood in the hallway. He went to his bedroom, where a handgun and an AR-15 assault-style rifle were lying on the bed. He picked up the rifle.

"I teach people how to defend themselves, and it was just a reaction to grab the AR-15," he said.

Police said Thomas confronted a man who was stabbing another man in the apartment complex on the 100 block of Harbor Drive. The man with the knife ran off when Thomas threatened to shoot him.

“He was a half a breath away from getting his head blown off and he knew that," Thomas, 41, said. "That's why he put the knife down."

Quote:Jacob Currey, 22, who lives in the building, was charged with aggravated battery and mob action. The same charges were filed against Alyssa Wright, 19, of Naperville. Both had a bond hearing scheduled for Wednesday.

A 27-year-old woman who lives in the building said she had ordered pizza and went outside to meet the delivery driver when Currey started to fight with her. That escalated into him stabbing her husband inside the building. The knife also nicked her leg, she said.

The woman said she is nine months pregnant and was already on bed rest. "He told me he was gonna kill my baby — while his hand was covered in my husband's blood," she said.

A sheriff's spokesman, Detective Bryan Harl, credited Thomas with preventing the situation from getting worse, and said the investigation showed he'd done nothing criminal. "He did in the moment what he thought was going to de-escalate this situation and stop any further violence or loss of life and for that he is to be praised," Harl said.
03-01-2018 10:03 AM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tech
I love happy endings.

And isn't it amazing how many of the mfer's already have a criminal record?

Perhaps it's time the president concentrates on how so many of these guys are released to the streets.
03-01-2018 10:33 AM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tech
(03-01-2018 09:41 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  
(03-01-2018 09:38 AM)WKUYG Wrote:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...d-gun.html

A 21-year-old carjacking suspect was shot dead in Milwaukee early Monday when police say his intended victim put to use his concealed gun.

How soon until the follow up article where the carjacker's mother said he was a good boy, who never harmed anyone. He got caught up with the wrong crowd and was just starting to turn his life around. :)

As told to my uncle who was a long-time parole officer:

"Yeah, he was running with a bunch of boys who were stealing. Then he started to take things".
03-01-2018 10:36 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

Even up here in lily liberals white bread MN, we have pretty regular reporting on people successfully using firearms in self-defense. In the past, the news didn't report on them for all the reason you can probably think of, then they started reporting on them as if it was the Wild West and their stories would get the appropriate hair on fire hysterical comments, but now............. the news is reported, there isn't much negative response, and everyone moves on.

I actually think this is progress.
03-01-2018 10:37 AM
Advertisement

Ohio Poly Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ohio Poly
(03-01-2018 09:44 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  HERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kinda disappointing he didn't liquify the perp with an AR-15 but we'll take it!
03-01-2018 10:59 AM
thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

I Root For: Zeti Reticuli
Ya' see guys. Guns DO kill. And that's the point. They kill the SOB trying to rape and murder your old lady.

Man, I love it when I can take a liberals patented, old, and stale cliched talking point and turn it around on them in the process.

Double win.
03-01-2018 11:11 AM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
I won't celebrate the death of anyone, not even a criminal, it is good to see people standing up for themselves. Honestly, the guy got what he deserved.
03-01-2018 11:12 AM
thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

I Root For: Zeti Reticuli
(03-01-2018 10:37 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  Even up here in lily liberals white bread MN, we have pretty regular reporting on people successfully using firearms in self-defense. In the past, the news didn't report on them for all the reason you can probably think of, then they started reporting on them as if it was the Wild West and their stories would get the appropriate hair on fire hysterical comments, but now............. the news is reported, there isn't much negative response, and everyone moves on.

I actually think this is progress.

What about that incident in that posh, upscale neighborhood where all of the Somali animals marched through the street threatening to rape and murder the residents ?

Seriously, did it REALLY happen like that ?
03-01-2018 11:12 AM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom

And he was just asking for a ride to his new job, and had his hands up...
03-01-2018 12:07 PM
Advertisement

Kaplony Offline

(03-01-2018 12:07 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  

Nah, it was to class at the community college.
03-01-2018 12:10 PM
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
(03-01-2018 12:10 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(03-01-2018 12:07 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  

Nah, it was to class at the community college.

Some body get muh lawyers number. Sumbitch just killed my second welfare check.

Seriously, I celibate this AH will never assault anyone ever again.
03-01-2018 01:15 PM
Kaplony Offline

(03-01-2018 10:59 AM)Ohio Poly Wrote:  

Where can you get an AR 15 that liquefies people?
03-01-2018 01:26 PM
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
(03-01-2018 01:26 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(03-01-2018 10:59 AM)Ohio Poly Wrote:  

Where can you get an AR 15 that liquefies people?

It’s the one with the blender accessory mount.
03-01-2018 01:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.