Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Starting Line up
jfisher Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I have a feeling there will be some different views on who the starting line up should be. I think if we discuss strengths and weaknesses and not how bad any players are, we can keep it pretty positive. We also might find that a number of us change our starting line up more than once between now and the start of the season, Wright St. Maybe we can come back and visit this post every time between now and the Wright St game, and change our starting line-up. We will have the blue/gold game and two exhibition games so I feel confident there will be a number of changes!!! My Starting line up as of OCT 22:

Pg- McDade
SG-Collins
SF-Glenn
PF-Teich
C--Gonzo
10-22-2004 02:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Cane Gang Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

jfisher Wrote:I have a feeling there will be some different views on who the starting line up should be. I think if we discuss strengths and weaknesses and not how bad any players are, we can keep it pretty positive. We also might find that a number of us change our starting line up more than once between now and the start of the season, Wright St. Maybe we can come back and visit this post every time between now and the Wright St game, and change our starting line-up. We will have the blue/gold game and two exhibition games so I feel confident there will be a number of changes!!! My Starting line up as of OCT 22:

Pg- McDade
SG-Collins
SF-Glenn
PF-Teich
C--Gonzo
I like that lineup, but I'd start Price at PF in place of Tiechmann. Price has proven he can score and get down the floor, and with Gonzo there to patrol the paint, that frees him up.

But I reserve the right to change my mind. :D
10-22-2004 05:06 PM
Nevadanatural Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulsa

I agree with Cane Gang. I would have a starting lineup of:

McDade
Collins
Glenn
Price
Gonzales

First off the bench:

James
Teichmann
Davis

I would love to have Kelley's name at the top of the first off the bench list but I still think we will be ok.
10-22-2004 05:22 PM
TUfan Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I'm with Cane too, but I reserve my right to change my mind once I see the guys this fall. I haven't seen since this summer...and things change. :)
10-22-2004 05:34 PM
Advertisement

jfisher Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I'll also say right now I wouldn't be a totally shocked if the starting line up was, James at PG--McDade at SG and Davis at PF. Obviously JP knows the same thing we do, that Tulsa was one of the worst rebounding teams in the country last year and I think he might put the best rebounder and defender in the preseason games at the PF position and that might be Davis. When we had at least two if not three good 3-point shooters on the floor, we did quite well in past years!!! So I wouldn't be shocked to see Collins at the SF position sometimes even if he starts at SG!!
10-23-2004 08:52 AM
Weatherdemon Offline
1st String

jfisher Wrote:I'll also say right now I wouldn't be a totally shocked if the starting line up was, James at PG--McDade at SG and Davis at PF. Obviously JP knows the same thing we do, that Tulsa was one of the worst rebounding teams in the country last year and I think he might put the best rebounder and defender in the preseason games at the PF position and that might be Davis. When we had at least two if not three good 3-point shooters on the floor, we did quite well in past years!!! So I wouldn't be shocked to see Collins at the SF position sometimes even if he starts at SG!!
I think we will start with:

PG: McDade 6'0
SG: Collins 6'4
SF: Glenn 6'6
PF: Price 6'8
C: Gonzalez: 6'9

Off the bench:
Davis for Gonzalez
Teichmann for Price
Ramsdell for Glenn
Wallace for Collins
James for McDade

I put Price in, in place of Teich as it seems a big deal that we don't have a "proven scorer" and Price can put points up.
The leaves us with our leading returning rebounder in (Glenn) and Gonzalez who was brought in to rebound and to block shots.

Davis comes in to keep rebounding and shot blocking in the middle with Teich coming in to the 4 bolster rebounding while still providing some points.

Those subs will get the most minutes of any bench guys barring injury or poor performance by someone.

That gives a solid 8 man rotation although I think we will see Ramsdell, James, and Wallace out there to provide at least a few breathers for the remaining players.
10-23-2004 11:57 AM
jfisher Offline
1st String

I Root For:

You know it sounds like we're doing pretty good when Cardwell, a very, very good player coming out of HS, probably the best of any player we have, that now has a year and a summer of basketball behind him, isn't even mentioned. With his overall size he could be a force if he wanted to!! I don't know how anyone can say we don't have some very good PLAYERS. I know it's how they are used and their attitude especially but if things comes together this team shouldn't get run over by anyone!!!! Collins, McDade and someone else has to have a good 3-point shooting year and we should be competitive with almost anyone we play!! 04-cheers
10-23-2004 02:55 PM
Advertisement

Weatherdemon Offline
1st String

jfisher Wrote:You know it sounds like we're doing pretty good when Cardwell, a very, very good player coming out of HS, probably the best of any player we have, that now has a year and a summer of basketball behind him, isn't even mentioned. With his overall size he could be a force if he wanted to!! I don't know how anyone can say we don't have some very good PLAYERS. I know it's how they are used and their attitude especially but if things comes together this team shouldn't get run over by anyone!!!! Collins, McDade and someone else has to have a good 3-point shooting year and we should be competitive with almost anyone we play!! 04-cheers
I actually left Cardwell out by mistake.

He supposed to be one of th most improved over the summer and really bolster our depth at the 4/5.
10-25-2004 05:13 PM
Nevadanatural Offline
1st String

Even without Baker we are really deep at the 4/5 spots this year. What is the realistic chances of Charles Ramsdell redshirting this year? WD, I think it was you that put Wallace as a sub for Collins. What is your reasoning here? Just from what I've seen from Wallace and heard about James I would expect to see either James substituted for Collins or McDade swing from PG to SG and Wallace or James substitute for McDade.
10-25-2004 06:05 PM
Weatherdemon Offline
1st String

Nevadanatural Wrote:Even without Baker we are really deep at the 4/5 spots this year. What is the realistic chances of Charles Ramsdell redshirting this year? WD, I think it was you that put Wallace as a sub for Collins. What is your reasoning here? Just from what I've seen from Wallace and heard about James I would expect to see either James substituted for Collins or McDade swing from PG to SG and Wallace or James substitute for McDade.
I have heard (in a JP interview) that Wallace was moving to more of a wing position vs PG.

His shot was very improved from last summer the 4 times I saw him this summer.
10-25-2004 06:47 PM
Advertisement

jfisher Offline
1st String

I Root For:

If I'm going to change my starting line up after the Blue/Gold game it's going to have to be from info someone else tells me. I had planned to come up and stay with relatives this weekend and go to the B/G game and the football game--GREAT WEEKEND!!! Now, I just found out we are keeping my grandson tomorrow and tomorrow night. He is the greatest thing in the world but next weekend would have been so much better. Unfortunately grandma, my beloved wife, didn't see it that way. Anybody who goes to the game should rate the players performance, 1 to 12 or 13, so anyone else who doesn't make it to the game will have some idea what went on. It also might be interesting to see how different people saw the game and the players???
10-29-2004 11:22 AM
jfisher Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Based only on what I've read and what I was told by my brother in law, Davis is really pushing Teich for the starting PF spot. If Davis has a good game next week, he might take it. That isn't because Teich had such a bad srimmage, pretty good evidently, just that it maybe the ideal spot for Davis. Do you all realize that it is likely that Teich will probably have a very long pro career, one of the longest ever for a Tulsa Alum. He might not have the overall ability of a Paul Pressey or even KJ but he'll do OK overseas for many years!! If he doesn't start for us I hope he's the 1st guy off the bench!! I would feel better about our rebounding with Davis and Gonzo in there!! 04-cheers
11-01-2004 09:06 AM
Cane Gang Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

It's going to be a real battle for playing time among our big men this year. That makes me feel good. Notice how you didn't even mention Price and he's our #2 returning scorer.

If the guards can get the job done (only 5 on the roster... thanks, Kelley) I think we've got a good season ahead.
11-01-2004 11:21 AM
Advertisement

jfisher Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Evidently from what I was told, Price didn't light it up as far as scoring or rebounding goes. I understand Davis, Teich and Gonzo got about all the rebounds during the scrimmage. Whether it's pro ball or college ball, your PF is usually the rebound leader, that's his main function--POWER forward-- that and taking the ball to the hoop with some POWER!!!!!!
11-01-2004 12:38 PM
jfisher Offline
1st String

I Root For:

If someone came on one of the Tulsa boards and said, "Newsflash, a player is transferring to Tulsa that was the 3rd leading scorer on a team that had a 9-20 record." For some reason I just can't picture that many people cheering at the top of their lungs. Heck, I'm not that sure if we were getting the leading scorer off of a team like that if there would be that much excitement, at least until they knew more about him. I might want to know how does his points per game compare to the player he guarded. I also might want to know how does his rebounds per game compare to the opposing player. It's possible his points are offset 2 to 1 by the opposing player(points and rebounds combined). You can't have too many players like that on the floor or obviously you are going to lose.
11-02-2004 11:50 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.