Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Why do I oppose gun registration?
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Buffalo
Why do I oppose gun registration?
Because the left will inevitably use it for confiscation..

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles...inois.html

Quote:The Illinois House has passed legislation requiring 18- to 20-year-olds to give up certain legally purchased and legally owned firearms:

Gun confiscation is here. First they will come for the young, who can go to war with guns but can no longer go hunting with them or protect their families. If you are a 20-year-old single mom with a restraining order against a violent ex-boyfriend, well, you'll just have to trust your life to 911 as your door is being kicked in. Meanwhile, the government wants you to give it your guns

"Passing a law that makes it illegal for a 20-year-old to purchase a shotgun for hunting or adult single mother from purchasing the most effective self-defense rifle on the market punishes law-abiding citizens for the evil acts of criminals," an NRA spokesman told the Hill.
03-10-2018 01:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
RE: Why do I oppose gun registration?
An armed citizenry is needed (and constitutional) to keep the federal government in check.

When that government which is supposed to be kept in check is trying to disarm citizens, then I think we see a prime example of exactly what the Founders intended.
03-10-2018 02:22 PM
Zombiewoof Offline
1st String

I Root For: players
From a strictly purist ideological point of view, I oppose gun registration, but I understand the reasoning behind basic registration laws and have accepted it as something that is not likely to go away. We have to register for all sorts of things, so fighting basic registration is likely to be a losing battle, even if I agree in principle. Registration serving as an aid in law enforcement is probably enough argument to retain it. That said, government confiscation of legally obtained and owned weapons should be fought vigorously and in court. I don't own any weapons -- I don't hunt and don't feel I need one for protection. I have looked into getting one recently though, for my wife to carry in her purse and for the danged snake and skunks that frequently come into my yard. Fortunately, I live in Mississippi, where an idiotic law like this has no chance of passage. But if there was a hint that one would pass, I would create a *%^@& armory, because someone's motives are suspect.
03-10-2018 02:39 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
5% of New Yorkers registered under the SAFE Act. In Texas, it would probably be at or around ~0%. All registration would do is turn 100,000,000 otherwise law abiding citizens into criminals.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics...weapons-re

(03-10-2018 01:37 PM)Bull_Is_Back Wrote:  Because the left will inevitably use it for confiscation..

Yep, and guess what UBC (universal background checks) doesn't work without? Registration.

Remember that next time they refer to UBC as "common sense" gun control. It's actually step 1 to confiscation.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2018 02:41 PM by Kronke.)
03-10-2018 02:40 PM
hawghiggs Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas
(03-10-2018 02:22 PM)umbluegray Wrote:  An armed citizenry is needed (and constitutional) to keep the federal government in check.

When that government which is supposed to be kept in check is trying to disarm citizens, then I think we see a prime example of exactly what the Founders intended.

The government is nothing more than the people we elect. If you fear your government. Then you fear your neighbor. Having a weapon isn't going to make a difference one way of the other. It might get you killed or arrested. But if you truly wanted to make a difference. Then get out and be active in politics. Because that's the only way you will keep the government in check.
03-10-2018 04:34 PM
Advertisement

Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

(03-10-2018 04:34 PM)hawghiggs Wrote:  [quote='umbluegray' pid='15155373' dateline='1520709754']
An armed citizenry is needed (and constitutional) to keep the federal government in check.

Quote:The government is nothing more than the people we elect.

Do you have any concept of hoe many people with authority in our government were never elected?

Do you not thing 51% of the electorate could vote to oppress the other 49%?

Quote:If you fear your government. Then you fear your neighbor.

It's not about fearing the government, it's about fearing what the government can become. And if you're a student of history you understand that governments can turn south real fast.

Quote:Having a weapon isn't going to make a difference one way of the other.

*ME* having a weapon won't make a difference.... 150,000,000 people armed could make a difference.
03-10-2018 04:40 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
(03-10-2018 04:34 PM)hawghiggs Wrote:  
(03-10-2018 02:22 PM)umbluegray Wrote:  An armed citizenry is needed (and constitutional) to keep the federal government in check.

The government is nothing more than the people we elect. If you fear your government. Then you fear your neighbor. Having a weapon isn't going to make a difference one way of the other. It might get you killed or arrested. But if you truly wanted to make a difference. Then get out and be active in politics. Because that's the only way you will keep the government in check.

Well, there it is folks. All the work of our brilliant founders (despite it's remarkable accuracy) debunked in just a few sentence fragments.
03-10-2018 04:43 PM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
(03-10-2018 04:34 PM)hawghiggs Wrote:  The government is nothing more than the people we elect. If you fear your government. Then you fear your neighbor. Having a weapon isn't going to make a difference one way of the other. It might get you killed or arrested. But if you truly wanted to make a difference. Then get out and be active in politics. Because that's the only way you will keep the government in check.

But it's so much easier to be afraid, to hide with your guns and bluster about murdering police and soldiers.

Meanwhile, not a mention on these boards of these three women (plus one fetus), mown down by a lunatic exercising his sacred NRA-protected rights:

[Image: DX6ByT3UQAE5mZ8.jpg]
03-10-2018 05:04 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
(03-10-2018 05:04 PM)58-56 Wrote:  
(03-10-2018 04:34 PM)hawghiggs Wrote:  The government is nothing more than the people we elect. If you fear your government. Then you fear your neighbor. Having a weapon isn't going to make a difference one way of the other. It might get you killed or arrested. But if you truly wanted to make a difference. Then get out and be active in politics. Because that's the only way you will keep the government in check.

But it's so much easier to be afraid, to hide with your guns and bluster about murdering police and soldiers.

Applies to virtually no one so bluster away bub.
(03-10-2018 05:04 PM)58-56 Wrote:  Meanwhile, not a mention on these boards of these three women (plus one fetus), mown down by a lunatic exercising his sacred NRA-protected rights:

Wasn't aware of any sacred protected right to mow down anyone. Clue me in.
03-10-2018 05:17 PM
Advertisement

Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

(03-10-2018 05:04 PM)58-56 Wrote:  But it's so much easier to be afraid, to hide with your guns and bluster about murdering police and soldiers.

Who in the hell is doing that?

Quote:Meanwhile, not a mention on these boards of these three women (plus one fetus), mown down by a lunatic exercising his sacred NRA-protected rights:

Some of us can chew bubble gum and walk at the same time... You should try it.
03-10-2018 05:21 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards

Meanwhile, not a mention on these boards of these three women (plus one fetus), mown down by a lunatic exercising his sacred NRA-protected rights:

ummmmmkay.....

you do realize who feeds the trees, eh???

why should I give a shite about your emotions???

there is quite a difference between respect, humility, protecting thine, and just tossing out salad as fodder....

help me out defining why your 'latter in faith' matters.....

trust me when I tell you.........I don't give two shites about pussification.....

y'all git after it.....enjoy that 'bedlam'.......that's why the corral was put in place known as the "great society'.......or have you not figured that shite out yet (rhetorical)....

#line3 ---->>> #line4
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2018 05:33 PM by stinkfist.)
03-10-2018 05:32 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
Why I oppose gun registration is that there is no indication that it would have prevented any of the shootings that have occurred. The only utility that I see it having is that it sets up a "guilty until proved innocent" situation if somebody breaks into my house and steals one of my guns. And I don't see that as a positive.
03-10-2018 06:02 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
No upside. None. Plenty down.
03-10-2018 06:04 PM
Advertisement

B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America

Oh... you're counting a fetus as a life now? You can add that to the murder charge once you're ok with telling all those mothers who committed abortions they're murderers as well. I'll wait...

"...exercising his sacred NRA-protected rights" Wait what? Why is the "NRA" the go to bad guy for your selective murder by gun complaints? I don't hear you piling on the NRA when the thugs in Chicago are laying each other out horizontal. I don't hear you calling out Planned Parenthood in such fashion as all the aborting moms silence the life of all those fetuses you selectively cherish.

GTFOH.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2018 07:32 PM by B_Hawk06.)
03-10-2018 07:31 PM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
(03-10-2018 04:34 PM)hawghiggs Wrote:  

Yeah, that's exactly right. The government is nothing more than the people we elect.

Nevermind that judges aren't elected. Nevermind about executive orders. Nevermind about the legislative branch abandoning their function.

Yep. I better keep an eye on my neighbor.
03-10-2018 08:23 PM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

How about constitutionally protected right? Oh yeah, no constitutional right to murder people......

Quite frankly, the NRA has little to do with it.
03-10-2018 09:15 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Democrats love to bend the knee
03-10-2018 09:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.