Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Baseball is at Louisville this weekend
Bookmark and Share
uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

I Root For: all my hoes!
Crappies

The baseball team has a series against Louisville this weekend. I am thinking that we will need a sweep this weekend to still be in contention for the NCAA tourney.

Go Coogs lets get some Cardinal.
05-14-2004 02:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

Crappies

Like the women's softball game against USF, the men's Friday baseball game against Louisville has been postponed. It will be made up as part of a double header today that starts at noon.
05-15-2004 07:54 AM
uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

Crappies

The baseball team split today with Louisville. We won the first game 12-2 and Louisville rallied in the second game to win 7-5. The good news is with the split we qualified for the C-USA tourney to be held at our park. Way to go Coogs!!! Let's win the series tomorrow!!!

<a href='http://uhcougars.collegesports.com/sports/m-basebl/recaps/051504aaa.html' target='_blank'>Baseball splits with Louisville.</a>
05-15-2004 10:32 PM
Advertisement

uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

Crappies

The baseball team rallied today to beat Louisville and win the series. This victory is very important and now the team is at .500. Because of the tough schedule and injuries, they have had a losing record all season. The team is starting to get healthy and pull everything into place at the right time. Come on Coogs let's take it to Omaha this year. 04-rock

<a href='http://uhcougars.collegesports.com/sports/m-basebl/recaps/051604aaa.html' target='_blank'>Coogs rally to the win!!!!</a>
05-16-2004 10:15 PM
uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

Crappies

Here is the write up on the Coogs from the C-USA Baseball notebook:

Quote:HOUSTON
The Cougars won two-of-three at Louisville this past weekend. Houston rallied with four runs in the top of the eighth inning in Sunday’s finale to take an 8-4 victory, marking the Cougars first win this season when trailing after seven innings. UH pounded out 19 hits in the series opener and had at least one hit in every inning. At one point in game two, the Cougars had recorded at least one hit in 18 consecutive innings, dating back to the series finale against Memphis on May 9. Sophomore C BRETT LOGAN and sophomore utility player KEVIN ROBERTS each tied UH single-game records with five hits on Saturday. Roberts had nine consecutive hits at one point with three against Memphis on May 9 and six straight at Louisville in Saturday’s twin-bill. Sophomore OF TRAVIS TULLY became just the fourth player in school history to record a 20-game hitting streak with an eighth-inning single on Sunday. Senior 1B THANOS PAPAVASILIOU became the 11th player in school history to pound out three doubles in a game on Sunday.

Looks like our hitting is coming alive at the write time. From what I have read, we are going to need it going up against Tulane.
05-19-2004 01:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.