USFFan
06-03-2019 10:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mtmedlin Offline
I came, I saw, I wasn't impressed.

I Root For: USF & Naps
RE: Memphis signs 2 for 1 with Arkansas
That has to be false. Fake news. Memphis wouldn't do something to damage the AAC like that. Its beneath them and they know that UCF fans will scold them harshly for not living up to the pipe dream aspirations that they have.

with all sarcasm set aside, nice Series Memphis. Go hammer those pigs.
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2019 10:17 AM by mtmedlin.)
06-03-2019 10:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
panite Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Owls-SC-RU-Navy
(06-03-2019 10:14 AM)usffan Wrote:  

Can't wait for the pearl clutching...

USFFan

Good news and even better you get the home game first.
04-cheers
06-03-2019 10:20 AM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
Better than a bunch of home and homes with Sunbelt/CUSA schools, but I'm still not a fan. At least the first game is in Memphis tho.
06-03-2019 10:24 AM
pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
(06-03-2019 10:16 AM)mtmedlin Wrote:  That has to be false. Fake news. Memphis wouldn't do something to damage the AAC like that. Its beneath them and they know that UCF fans will scold them harshly for not living up to the pipe dream aspirations that they have.

the fear was that usf would create a trend and normalize it...making it harder for other aac to get 1 and 1s..aftecting negaotions for other AAC teams in scheduling games

usf fans posting other aac doin 2 for 1s right after them isnt vindication for usf...its the opposite, its exactly what we feared
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2019 10:26 AM by pesik.)
06-03-2019 10:24 AM
TripleA Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
Hey, this is life, and life ain't fair. The alternative is not to play any of them. That's dumb.
06-03-2019 10:27 AM
Advertisement

mtmedlin Offline

(06-03-2019 10:24 AM)pesik Wrote:  
(06-03-2019 10:16 AM)mtmedlin Wrote:  That has to be false. Fake news. Memphis wouldn't do something to damage the AAC like that. Its beneath them and they know that UCF fans will scold them harshly for not living up to the pipe dream aspirations that they have.

the fear was that usf would create a trend and normalize it...making it harder for other aac to get 1 and 1s..aftecting negaotions for other AAC teams in scheduling games

usf fans posting other aac doin 2 for 1s right after them isnt vindication for usf...its the opposite, its exactly what we feared

we werent the first.... so ya what you said.
06-03-2019 10:30 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tigers2B1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(06-03-2019 10:27 AM)TripleA Wrote:  Hey, this is life, and life ain't fair. The alternative is not to play any of them. That's dumb.

This sums it up. If you want to play P5 teams that interest your fanbase you will have to do this sometimes. And like mentioned earlier your alternative is filling up your schedule with Conference USA and Sun Belt teams. P5 teams don't need you on their schedule ... but we need them if you want to have a strong out of conference SOS. Unless of course you can entice them with basketball like we did Ole Miss. 03-wink
06-03-2019 10:31 AM
usffan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF

You see what you want to see. I see us filling our schedule with attractive games. The vast majority of USF fans are happy with the schedules our new AD is building (the Louisville one is on the old AD). And his job is to keep USF fans happy while generating resources for the program. Which he is doing.

USFFan
06-03-2019 10:35 AM
Topcat Offline
Banned

I Root For: UC
There is no shame in signing up for 2-1's with P5's. Not because they're better than us, but because they have all the money.

Now if somebody signs a 2-1 with a MAC school... THAT'S stupid.
06-03-2019 10:36 AM
pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
(06-03-2019 10:30 AM)mtmedlin Wrote:  

youu were the 1st to do it with middling p5....no aac level team has ever done a 2 for 1 with miami or lousiville..usf was the 1st to announce 4 within weeks of each other and make headlines about it

so and so aac team doing 2 for 1 with penn state/USC isnt the same thing

us: this is a horrible precedent, it'll make it harder for all of us to get 1 and 1s in the future

usf fans: *starts posting tons of aac doing 2 for 1s with p5 right after them thinking it somehow helps their point*
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2019 10:41 AM by pesik.)
06-03-2019 10:37 AM
Advertisement

TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
That's one home game with a local SEC School that will draw A LOT of interest in the city and two very interesting games Memphis fans can drive to. The alternative is none of that. I'm all for it. 04-cheers
06-03-2019 10:37 AM
mtmedlin Offline

(06-03-2019 10:37 AM)pesik Wrote:  
(06-03-2019 10:30 AM)mtmedlin Wrote:  

youu were the 1st to do it with middling p5....no one aac level team has ever done a 2 for 1 with miami or lousiville..usf was the 1st to announce 4 of the weeks of each other and make headlines about it

so and so aac team doing 2 for 1 with penn state/USC isnt the same thing

us: this is a horrible precedent, it'll make it harder for all of us to get 1 and 1s in the future

usf fans: *starts posting tons of aac doing 2 for 1s with p5 right after them thinking it somehow helps their point*

You see Miami as a middling P5 team. I see them as a 5 time national champ that we have already beaten that is located in the middle of the best recruiting area in the US.

So you do you. Well continue to sign National Champs to our schedule and more P5 games than any G5 school in the nation.
06-03-2019 10:40 AM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
(06-03-2019 10:36 AM)Topcat Wrote:  There is no shame in signing up for 2-1's with P5's. Not because they're better than us, but because they have all the money.

Now if somebody signs a 2-1 with a MAC school... THAT'S stupid.

So you'd be in favor of your Bearcats doing a 2 for 1 with Pitt/Cuse/Rutgers?
06-03-2019 10:48 AM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

I Root For: The Bridge of Death
Arkansas? A 2 for 1 with Arkansas? Really?

**** UCF should just fold now and do a 3 for 1 with Wake Forest. I mean they're P5 after all. We get 4 games with a P5 opponent!
06-03-2019 10:49 AM
Square Knight Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF

^^^^^ This x 1,000 ^^^^^
06-03-2019 10:50 AM
Advertisement

Square Knight Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF
(06-03-2019 10:14 AM)usffan Wrote:  

Can't wait for the pearl clutching...

USFFan

Get back to me when Memphis starts handing out 2-for-1s like cheap candy the way USF does.

BTW...in the interest of FACTS...not hysterical OPINIONS...Danny White NEVER said that AAC schools should never do 2-for-1 with "Power" 5.

What he DID say is that he is not in favor of AAC teams doing a LOT of them.
06-03-2019 10:57 AM
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

Was just reported that Arkansas will also pay Memphis $1000000 for the additional Arkansas game. So it's a three-game series plus 1 million dollars to Memphis.
06-03-2019 10:58 AM
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-03-2019 10:58 AM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  Was just reported that Arkansas will also pay Memphis $1000000 for the additional Arkansas game. So it's a three-game series plus 1 million dollars to Memphis.

Honestly I would have done this even without the $1000000 for the last game. The fact that Memphis is getting a million dollars for that third game makes this a no-brainer in my opinion.
06-03-2019 11:01 AM
mtmedlin Offline

So we signed a 2-1 with:
UF, who has multiple National Championships and is an instate rival.
Miami, who has won multiple national Championships and is an instate rival
Texas, who is a blue blood as it gets (but at least it got cancelled, so yall can stop worrying....and well take that $1.9 million)
Alabama, who .... do I really need to say?

So blast us for Lville and the $1 million payday were taking.

I apologize to the entire AAC for USF signing 4 teams with multiple national champions in states with massive recruiting areas along with Million dollar paychecks.
I am sorry it lead to the AAC signing more deals that lead to a stronger SOS and gives us an opportunity to highlight the AAC in premium time slots against opponents that people care about.
Next time well just let let them sign the exact same deals with Sunbelt, CUSA, MAC and MWC because we all know that if we had stuck to our guns that the P5 would have caved into the massive pressure and went ahead and signed 1-1s with us, because that's what the entire college fan world has been demanding.
06-03-2019 11:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.