Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

TU Signing
TU72N76 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Tulsa signs NEO/Broken Arrow pf Vernell Davis. Hope this is good.
04-19-2004 03:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

jfisher Offline
1st String

I Root For:

From all I've read about him it should be good!!! I know a number of people thought we should be interested in him, even out of high school. He evidently was pretty good around the basket, which we can use, but not too much of a shot, more of a scorer!! Some one else can probably tell us more about him, but it sounds good to me!!! 04-cheers
04-19-2004 04:17 PM
jfisher Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Vernell Davis info---These are the teams that were recruiting Davis, Cincinnati, Creighton, TCU, Ol Miss, Purdue and New Mexico.--Cincy and New Mexico being the main one's. From Juco News, Street and Smith listed Davis in their Super Soph group at somewhere between no. 16-20. I think with that info, it looks like a heck of a recruit. He's a jumping jack and very athletic, plays mainly around the basket, rebounding and blocking shots. He's avg about 11-15 points a game this year. but strong at the end after having an ankle injury!!!!!!
04-19-2004 05:43 PM
4tu2 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

More Davis info: 02/15/04: "Tulsa Head Coach John Phillips and staff are continuing to recruit to fill some immediate needs for next year’s team. With rebounding and interior defense a likely requirement for this spring’s recruiting class, TU is looking at several inside players in both junior college and high school.

According to Northeastern Oklahoma A&M head coach Jason Turk, Vernell Davis, a 6-foot-8 and 220-pound athlete, is starting to really play well, after an early season ankle sprain. “Vernell’s averaging 10.5 points, 6.5 rebounds and 3 blocks per game for us,
04-19-2004 07:30 PM
Advertisement

richardm Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Yippeee!
With Davis and Gonzo, we should have two guys that can put it in the hole at close range. I see the offensive board stats swinging TU's way next year. I will sleep better now.
04-19-2004 10:38 PM
jfisher Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I would sleep a lot better too, if 3 of these 4, Gonzo, Davis, Glenn and Teichman were starters and Collins, Kelley and McDade were alternating out front shooting the threes. We have 7 starters, that bodes well for next year!!!! If that was the way things played out, I would be very optimistic about getting back to the NCAA tourney. We know Teich and Glenn are very good rebounders and then add two guys, Gonzo and Davis, that are suppose to be better than them rebounding builds the confidence level quickly!!! 04-rock That would also give us some good size in the front line, 6'10", 6'9", and a jumping jack 6'8" guy. With Gonzo and Davis practicing everyday against Price and our other two 6'10" guys, that could make them tougher and better rebounders when they come in the game. It's amazing what two new faces could do to the starting line up!!! 04-cheers I had to edit this after I checked the other board to see what was being said-----Man, their are some people that are never going to be happy, not even a little!!! :eek: Tulsa gets a top15-20 Super Soph rated JUCO player, a very athletic big man and people are bitchin9 big time. They worry me sometimes!! :D Davis gives Tulsa several options they didn't have before, even if they don't get anyone else this Spring. He improves the team and I thought that's what everyone wanted!!!!!!
04-20-2004 08:18 AM
Cane Gang Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Just to ask a stupid question... is this definitely a done deal? If so, I'm happy. Not everyday you can land an athletic 6'8" 220lb guy being recruited by the likes of Cincinnati and Purdue.
04-20-2004 10:02 AM
jfisher Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I believe so, it's been announced publicly and by his college coach!! I agree about needing the athletic big man and since Cincy was definitely interested, he must have some toughness and an attitude which is something we really need as much as anything. I just hope that doesn't change after he gets to Tulsa----Nice guys come in last----at least, if they are too nice!!!!!!!!!
04-20-2004 10:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.