Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Anybody catch this quote from Rice's AD @ media days??
Bookmark and Share
DawgNBama Offline
the Rush Limbaugh of CSNBBS

I Root For: conservativism/MAGA
Anybody catch this quote from Rice's AD @ media days??
“Markets are probably less relevant than they were in the past because the idea of capturing TV markets was based on linear TV. We are getting away from that as an industry. That’s not just Conference USA. You see other conferences are going more to digital, even among the Power Five.”

Joe Karlgaard, Rice athletic director"

I found that to be very interesting!!!
07-15-2019 11:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FIU4Ever Offline

I Root For: FIU
RE: Anybody catch this quote from Rice's AD @ media days??
(07-15-2019 11:29 AM)DawgNBama Wrote:  “Markets are probably less relevant than they were in the past because the idea of capturing TV markets was based on linear TV. We are getting away from that as an industry. That’s not just Conference USA. You see other conferences are going more to digital, even among the Power Five.”

“The markets concept works. We are growing within our markets to become more nationally and locally relevant. As these schools grow, we become more relevant and become a sort of hometown team for our large markets.”

- Brian White, Florida Atlantic athletic director
07-15-2019 12:00 PM
FIU4Ever Offline

(07-15-2019 12:00 PM)FIU4Ever Wrote:  
(07-15-2019 11:29 AM)DawgNBama Wrote:  “Markets are probably less relevant than they were in the past because the idea of capturing TV markets was based on linear TV. We are getting away from that as an industry. That’s not just Conference USA. You see other conferences are going more to digital, even among the Power Five.”

“The markets concept works. We are growing within our markets to become more nationally and locally relevant. As these schools grow, we become more relevant and become a sort of hometown team for our large markets.”

- Brian White, Florida Atlantic athletic director

“Television markets were important,” Hamrick said. “The second thing I felt we needed in most cases was larger institutions with large student bodies in areas with the potential to draw fans."
- Mike Hamrick Marshall athletic director
07-15-2019 12:02 PM
Advertisement

TTT Offline
#SMTTT

I Root For: USM & G5
"Television markets are doo-doo and poo-poo."

-USM AD Jeremy McClain
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2019 12:21 PM by TTT.)
07-15-2019 12:21 PM
FIU4Ever Offline

(07-15-2019 12:21 PM)TTT Wrote:  "Television markets are doo-doo and poo-poo."

-USM AD Jeremy McClain

I'm not catching or touching that quote lol
07-15-2019 12:44 PM
Attackcoog Online

I Root For: Houston
Markets are not what they used to be—but they still have significant value. Everyone knows about the bandwagon effect. Go 12-0 or 11-1 and suddenly everyone is a fan and is paying attention. The bandwagon effect yields a better result in a city of 2 million than it does in small town of 100K. It’s just a numbers game at that point.
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2019 01:25 PM by Attackcoog.)
07-15-2019 01:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.