Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Open Thread- 2019 Big 10 Football
Bookmark and Share
cubucks Offline
All American

I Root For: tOSU/UNL/Ohio
Open Thread- 2019 Big 10 Football
Week 1:

Happy for Rutgers and how they were down yet came storming back.

Illinois looked really good and their linebacker (#5) is a beast!

Penn State and Wisconsin were absolutely the most impressive.

Disappointed with how Ohio State looked after quarter 1.

Very disappointed with Nebraska and hope to see them get this thing going sooner rather than later.

Purdue just had a complete late game meltdown. The next couple weeks against Vanderbilt and TCU are must wins for them.

Maryland? Yes you covered the spread by ~50, but it was Howard. I am excited to see them against better competition.

Northwestern did their typical early season crap playing. Injuries didn't help.

Iowa and Michigan didn't really look good or bad, just ok?

Michigan State defense was great, offense was ugly!

Indiana, didn't see any of this game.

Minnesota, better row that boat a little harder.
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2019 04:50 PM by cubucks.)
09-01-2019 12:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GE and MTS Offline

I Root For: Liberty/Penn St
RE: 2019 Big 10 Football
I think other conferences had worse weeks but the Big Ten didn't do all that great. Maybe we did the best by not having too many hiccups. Auburn had a big win over Oregon but Ole Miss, Missouri, Tennessee, and South Carolina all lost games they shouldn't have. We'll get our chances for a statement game but we need to make the most of them or we'll be playing catch up until bowl season.
09-01-2019 02:46 PM
cubucks Offline
All American

It's a long season and I've seen other threads where people are already eliminating teams or crowning others champions. Give it a few more weeks and we'll really see the pretenders and contenders.
09-01-2019 02:51 PM
cubucks Offline
All American

I'm throwing it out there right now for all to see. Maryland beats Syracuse very easily Saturday. I will accept all trash talk if this does not happen, I think it will!

I've been bragging on Maryland for a while now and I think they really shine Saturday. Has anybody seen the freaking athlete's they have there? Orange better be ready!
09-04-2019 06:01 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(09-04-2019 06:01 PM)cubucks Wrote:  I'm throwing it out there right now for all to see. Maryland beats Syracuse very easily Saturday. I will accept all trash talk if this does not happen, I think it will!

I've been bragging on Maryland for a while now and I think they really shine Saturday. Has anybody seen the freaking athlete's they have there? Orange better be ready!

If there's a ranked team that everyone has on upset alert, it's Syracuse. We know Maryland has a much-improved offense... half the skill players transferred from VT!
09-05-2019 07:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TerpsNPhoenix Offline
1st String

I Root For: Maryland & Elon
(09-04-2019 06:01 PM)cubucks Wrote:  I'm throwing it out there right now for all to see. Maryland beats Syracuse very easily Saturday. I will accept all trash talk if this does not happen, I think it will!

I'd LOVE to see this happen but I'm not nearly as confident as you. I think the Terps can win but I'm not willing to say they will win with 100% certainty. We talked about betting lines before and this one is just crazy. It opened with Syracuse -4. It's now at Maryland -2. It's basically a pick'em with Maryland getting the nod due to home field advantage. I love the respect the Terps are getting but I'm wondering how much of this is people just looking at the scores of the pervious week and not looking into the details. Terps blew the doors off Howard while it took a bit of time for Syracuse to pull away from Liberty.

Another thing going in the Terps favor is this...

Chris Fallica twitter

"With Maryland currently favored over Syracuse. Since 2015, there have been 23 times in the reg season where a team ranked 20th or lower entered a game vs a NR team as a dog. Ranked teams are just 4-19 SU in that span. Last year there were 6 instances, with ranked teams going 1-5."

So Maryland has a good shot to win. But Maryland is also EXACTLY the type of program/team that would lose. So...I have no idea what's going to happen. I'll probably pick Maryland in our Pick'em but I'm not loving it at this moment.
09-05-2019 07:19 AM
Advertisement

TerpsNPhoenix Offline
1st String

I Root For: Maryland & Elon
(09-05-2019 07:16 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  

If there's a ranked team that everyone has on upset alert, it's Syracuse. We know Maryland has a much-improved offense... half the skill players transferred from VT!

AND WE APPRECIATE IT VERY MUCH!
09-05-2019 07:21 AM
cubucks Offline
All American

I did say "very easily" so even if Maryland wins by 7 points or less, I will consider it a bad call by me.
09-05-2019 09:04 AM
cubucks Offline
All American

(09-05-2019 07:16 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  

Hokie Mark, Big 10 Pick'em, come on over!
09-05-2019 09:06 AM
cubucks Offline
All American

Other thoughts for week 2.

If Wisconsin (-35), Illinois (-22), Indiana (-35.5) and Penn State (-31) all cover the spread then I think respect for them needs to go up a notch or two.

I really don't like the Minnesota vs Fresno State matchup.

Personally, I find it quite funny how folks have already given up on Nebraska and are picking Colorado. I could be way off and we shall see.

Ohio State vs Cincinnati will be very competitive and close.

Also, I have a wedding to attend Saturday and will be watching from my phone.
Their wedding gift would have been so much better if these fools knew better than to have a wedding on a college football Saturday.
09-06-2019 07:53 AM
GE and MTS Offline

I don't think Maryland will be bad due to their talent level, I think they will be bad because of their coach. Locksley can win two more games this season and double his win totals from prior to 2019.
09-06-2019 08:20 PM
Advertisement

Transic_nyc Offline
1st String

I Root For: Return To Stability
Minnesota with a huge escape in overtime with an end zone interception. Easily the most exciting game I watched this week.

Say what you will about Army or Navy but both of them will give you a tough game that you'd be lucky to escape from. Michigan just found that out yesterday.

Maryland with a statement win over Syracuse. That should ease some concerns for Maryland football fans.
09-08-2019 02:17 AM
GE and MTS Offline

Nebraska, guess you aren't back. It's disappointing that they lost to Colorado but I think the conference did well overall again. I thought their "return" was a year premature.

Maryland, good job! Very surprised with the curb stomp. Look at Illinois at 2-0! Rutgers even played a ranked conference opponent on the road and only lost by 30.
09-08-2019 07:08 AM
EvilVodka Offline
stuff

I Root For: FSU LSU
The Big 10 is loaded

How bout Maryland? Rutgers is the only bad team in the East

Big 10 East is the new SEC West
09-08-2019 11:45 AM
cubucks Offline
All American

Ohio State, Indiana, Maryland, Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan State and Purdue all looked really good.

Penn State, Illinois and Minnesota all looked average.

Michigan, Nebraska and Rutgers all looked horrible. Nebraska can't figure out how to put away a team. Rutgers looked like the Rutgers we all know!?! Michigan just looked like an all around ugly team.
09-08-2019 07:43 PM
NJ2MDTerp Offline
1st String

I Root For: Maryland
(09-08-2019 11:45 AM)EvilVodka Wrote:  The Big 10 is loaded

How bout Maryland? Rutgers is the only bad team in the East

Big 10 East is the new SEC West
Maryland starts strong until interconference play.

You may want to consider D.J. Durkin as a HC candidate at FSU. He's the guy who put together the Maryland team (except for the QB). Just give him a decent OC and DC, something he lacked at Maryland.
09-08-2019 07:50 PM
Advertisement

NJ2MDTerp Offline
1st String

I Root For: Maryland
I'm looking forward to interconference play. I want to see what Locksley's learned from Nick Saban.
09-08-2019 07:54 PM
cubucks Offline
All American

Wisconsin just ran the ball right down Michigan's throat. You may want to adjust your defense to this Jonathan Taylor guy.
09-21-2019 11:20 AM
cubucks Offline
All American

Lol, Michigan coaching is hilarious!

Jonathan Taylor, you are a freaking stud!
09-21-2019 11:46 AM
cubucks Offline
All American

I should mention, that was a good catch by Michigan that was overturned.
09-21-2019 11:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.