Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Anybody watching... baseball?
Bookmark and Share
lauramac Offline

I Root For: ,
The Parliament AwardsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesBlazerTalk AwardNew Orleans BowlCrappiesDonatorsThe Parliament Awards

Well, OK, of course not (because it's in B-Ham so if you are, you're on a roadie & hence probably away from the boards). Any other weekend and I'd be there too. Silly husband watching his silly GA Tech basketball game. But I digress.

Anyway, scoring gobs of runs is cool. Shutouts are even cooler. Scoring gobs of runs AND racking up a shutout... well, that just flat-out rules. 04-cheers

Here's hoping the guys will continue along the winning path. Way to get the job done yesterday and today... let's get the sweep tomorrow!

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:black'>GO COOGS</span></span> 04-rock
04-03-2004 07:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

OldCoog Offline
1st String

I Root For: Houston

CrappiesCrappies

Thanks Laura,

Saw where the Owls beat the *#&% out of Nevada. 04-cheers
04-03-2004 07:59 PM
lauramac Offline

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesBlazerTalk AwardNew Orleans BowlCrappiesDonatorsThe Parliament Awards

Yeah, we did. :D And Tech won the basketball game, so it's a pretty happy sports day.

Houston is the best damn college baseball city in the world. 04-cheers Hope Rice & UH can both get the sweep tomorrow.
04-03-2004 08:40 PM
Advertisement

GoCougars Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Houston

I'll be at the game on Tuesday @ Cougar Field. This is a must win for the coogs. I'll be bringing a group of 40 to the game. Did you know that group tickets are only $3 each.

Laura, who will you be rooting for on Tuesday?
04-03-2004 10:25 PM
lauramac Offline

*looking sheepish*

:frown: I'll be rooting for Rice. Sorry, guys... Rice is my undergrad alma mater and first college-sports love, and the Coogs are a close second. It's not a cool thing to say in here, but I can't tell a lie. Not even when drinking a Shiner in my little UH zip-up beer bottle thingie. :D

However, the rest of the time I'm for UH. (Syracuse doesn't really enter into it.) And I'm sick of this crap where the NCAA makes UH and Rice baseball knock each other out of regionals or supers. I want both teams to go to Omaha, dammit. (And I want them to knock the snot out of UT and A&M to get there.)

I'll tell you this: if there's some situation where UH gets sent out here to Atlanta for a regional, OwlJacket (my husband and a GA Tech grad student) will HATE me that week. :laugh:

BTW, if Tuesday isn't a must-win for the Owls, it's the next closest thing. The Silver Glove is important -- no Rice fan with a brain discounts the Cougars.
04-03-2004 11:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.