Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Temple Game 7PM ESPN2
Bookmark and Share
cincybb51 Offline
BEARCAT FOREVER

I Root For: UC,Bengals,
Temple Game 7PM ESPN2

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2019 12:19 PM by cincybb51.)
11-17-2019 12:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dannyboy Offline
All American

I Root For: Bearcats
RE: Temple Game 7PM ESPN2
Thank God it’s Nip at Night. We should win.

11-17-2019 12:29 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U

11-17-2019 01:01 PM
Jchuges7 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC, Reds, FCC
I know most of you probably will go for the $17 ticket deal but if you want some tickets under cover in Section 118, my parents are selling their pair and their parking pass. PM me if interested.

11-17-2019 03:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

SAT NOV 23, 7:00pm ESP2
Temple [7-3]
17 Cincinnati [9-1] -11.5

I'm so thankful this is televised on ESPN and it's a night game due to my schedule this Saturday.

11-17-2019 06:28 PM
bcat1997 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
(11-17-2019 06:28 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  SAT NOV 23, 7:00pm ESP2
Temple [7-3]

I'm so thankful this is televised on ESPN and it's a night game due to my schedule this Saturday.

Damn, 11.5 is a lot. Has Vegas seen our last 3 games minus UCONN?

11-17-2019 08:15 PM
Advertisement

BigDawg Offline
All American

Donators
(11-17-2019 08:15 PM)bcat1997 Wrote:  
Temple [7-3]

Holy cow. That seems awfully high. I was figuring it would be like 6.5 or something because of Nip at night. Bet that line drops like a rock in the next week. Hopefully Vegas is right and we win a game that is never in doubt. But Temple's defense could give us fits.

11-17-2019 08:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Racinejake Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
(11-17-2019 08:18 PM)BigDawg Wrote:  
Temple [7-3]

Holy cow. That seems awfully high. I was figuring it would be like 6.5 or something because of Nip at night. Bet that line drops like a rock in the next week. Hopefully Vegas is right and we win a game that is never in doubt. But Temple's defense could give us fits.

Their DE Roche will live in our backfield. We may need to keep a TE to his side every play just to double team him. Biggest X factor I see is Ridder is typically a totally different QB at home vs on the road.

11-17-2019 08:38 PM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
Temple [7-3]

Different team at nippert

11-17-2019 08:47 PM
Bruce Monnin Online
Hall of Famer

I am expecting a 20 point UC win. The game at Memphis has me very worried, however.

11-17-2019 09:00 PM
Billy_Bearcat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Donators
(11-17-2019 08:47 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  
Temple [7-3]

Different team at nippert

Gimme the Owls and points and I’ll make enough to by you and grumpy a dinner at Ruby’s.

11-17-2019 11:00 PM
Advertisement

Romell Shorter Offline
Banned

Temple [7-3]

For contrast, UC is currently getting +7 @ Memphis.

11-17-2019 11:41 PM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

So will the locals turn out in big numbers for this game? Let's check options in the fan excuse generator for an answer--high school playoffs underway? wet weather? cold weather? Jack and Jill's soccer tourney games? cleaning house before Thanksgiving? resting up for Bengals' tailgating with Steelers' fans the next morning?

We've developed a solid core of diehard fans now. Will others join us this weekend to see a top 25 college football team clinch a division championship and play on toward the Cotton Bowl? Let's hope so. We'll learn this week if Greater Cincinnatians are really hungry for a winner on a pretty big stage.

11-18-2019 11:24 AM
Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

I Root For: Zinzinnati
(11-18-2019 11:24 AM)OKIcat Wrote:  So will the locals turn out in big numbers for this game? Let's check options in the fan excuse generator for an answer--high school playoffs underway? wet weather? cold weather? Jack and Jill's soccer tourney games? cleaning house before Thanksgiving? resting up for Bengals' tailgating with Steelers' fans the next morning?

We've developed a solid core of diehard fans now. Will others join us this weekend to see a top 25 college football team clinch a division championship and play on toward the Cotton Bowl? Let's hope so. We'll learn this week if Greater Cincinnatians are really hungry for a winner on a pretty big stage.

I don't mean to call you out as an individual, but I just don't understand this tendency among many to blame people who don't show up for their event as just using excuses as if they owe you something. This isn't about a parent or child who makes no time for the other at various stages of life. Or a situation where somebody screwed up but won't take responsibility for it. It's a money-making event where just about everyone involved in making it happen receives some sort of compensation. If your movie doesn't do well at the box office do you accuse the public of making excuses for not attending? If nobody buys your coffee maker is it because consumers are just making excuses not to buy? Are the huge majority of us who never attended a UC women's golf match just making excuses for not going?

Blaming potential buyers for not buying is more alienating than convincing. It's the seller's job to sell. Potential buyers don't have the same responsibility to buy your product. That said, I think we can agree in hoping for a huge turnout and encouraging those considering going to give it a chance. And if you can't/don't go to check it out on tv or radio. In this case, it is all good. 04-cheers

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2019 11:52 AM by Bearhawkeye.)
11-18-2019 11:48 AM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

(11-18-2019 11:48 AM)Bearhawkeye Wrote:  
(11-18-2019 11:24 AM)OKIcat Wrote:  So will the locals turn out in big numbers for this game? Let's check options in the fan excuse generator for an answer--high school playoffs underway? wet weather? cold weather? Jack and Jill's soccer tourney games? cleaning house before Thanksgiving? resting up for Bengals' tailgating with Steelers' fans the next morning?

I don't mean to call you out as an individual, but I just don't understand this tendency among many to blame people who don't show up for their event as just using excuses as if they owe you something. This isn't about a parent or child who makes no time for the other at various stages of life. Or a situation where somebody screwed up but won't take responsibility for it. It's a money-making event where just about everyone involved in making it happen receives some sort of compensation. If your movie doesn't do well at the box office do you accuse the public of making excuses for not attending? If nobody buys your coffee maker is it because consumers are just making excuses not to buy? Are the huge majority of us who never attended a UC women's golf match just making excuses for not going?

Blaming potential buyers for not buying is more alienating than convincing. It's the seller's job to sell. Potential buyers don't have the same responsibility to buy your product. That said, I think we can agree in hoping for a huge turnout and encouraging those considering going to give it a chance. And if you can't/don't go to check it out on tv or radio. In this case, it is all good. 04-cheers

Yes.

While the excuses were at least partly in jest, what we hear publicly is an interesting dichotomy. Cincinnatians on the street and on talk radio daily, lament our plight as a city with professional teams that haven't won on the big stage in three decades and are currently demonstrating little competence to improve performance.

I've stated on several occasions here that UC has made remarkable progress on building attendance and increasing the season ticket base. And UC can always improve marketing of the product. But one would also expect some organic growth from championship starved locals who would be lined up today buying remaining tickets for one of the most significant college football games in this town since 2009. Combine that with the Nip' at Night and I'm not sure there has been a fan experience in this town in 2019 that could touch it.

So this wasn't a criticism aimed directly at the folks with bigger priorities. Simply stated, we will know our program has fully arrived when a game such as this sells out on Monday and a secondary ticket market blossoms, delivering a fresh media narrative locally for Bearcat football some week.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2019 12:24 PM by OKIcat.)
11-18-2019 12:21 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

Keep an eye on the weather forecast for playing conditions. Right now Friday evening is calling for:

Rain showers early changing to mixed rain and snow later at night. Low 33F. Winds light and variable. Chance of precip 40%.

11-18-2019 08:34 PM
Advertisement

GoCats1994 Offline
Bench Warmer

What I don't understand is...what about this year's attendance would even suggest this is an issue? They are averaging 37K+ (near capacity), and that includes hosting duds of programs like UConn, Tulsa & Miami

11-19-2019 06:50 AM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

(11-19-2019 06:50 AM)GoCats1994 Wrote:  

What I don't understand is...what about this year's attendance would even suggest this is an issue? They are averaging 37K+ (near capacity), and that includes hosting duds of programs like UConn, Tulsa & Miami

As my follow-up post affirmed, UC has enjoyed solid growth in both football attendance and the season ticket base. Still, there has been just one sellout (UCF?) and abundant open seats on the east side each game during what has quickly become one of the finest regular seasons in program history. Nippert would be among the smallest stadiums in the P5-- a place we aspire to be someday soon. We don't have 65,000 seats to fill--or even 50,000.

My point is, we'll know the program has arrived when Nippert is sold out and/or full--regardless of opponent, game time, or weather forecast. Especially when the team is ranked in the top 25, playing for a CCG, and potential Cotton Bowl invitation. And at last report, thousands of unsold tickets a few days before kickoff. What's wrong with this picture?

11-19-2019 07:50 AM
bearcatlawjd2 Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
(11-19-2019 07:50 AM)OKIcat Wrote:  

As my follow-up post affirmed, UC has enjoyed solid growth in both football attendance and the season ticket base. Still, there has been just one sellout (UCF?) and abundant open seats on the east side each game during what has quickly become one of the finest regular seasons in program history. Nippert would be among the smallest stadiums in the P5-- a place we aspire to be someday soon. We don't have 65,000 seats to fill--or even 50,000.

My point is, we'll know the program has arrived when Nippert is sold out and/or full--regardless of opponent, game time, or weather forecast. Especially when the team is ranked in the top 25, playing for a CCG, and potential Cotton Bowl invitation. And at last report, thousands of unsold tickets a few days before kickoff. What's wrong with this picture?

I have gone to UC football games for about 20 years and outside of 2008 and 2009 I don’t remember attendance in November being anything special. Especially night games.

I don’t think UC does enough to communicate what is it at stake this Saturday, their twitter is great but that isn’t enough. Honestly the last month or so hasn’t been inspiring in terms of play on the field. They keep winning but it’s not exciting or pretty at times.

11-19-2019 07:57 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(11-19-2019 07:57 AM)bearcatlawjd2 Wrote:  
(11-19-2019 07:50 AM)OKIcat Wrote:  

I have gone to UC football games for about 20 years and outside of 2008 and 2009 I don’t remember attendance in November being anything special. Especially night games.

I don’t think UC does enough to communicate what is it at stake this Saturday, their twitter is great but that isn’t enough. Honestly the last month or so hasn’t been inspiring in terms of play on the field. They keep winning but it’s not exciting or pretty at times.

Agree. The $17 deal that ends tonight should have been advertised on tv, radio and Sunday’s fish wrap. I think it only got play on the website and social media. Missed a lot of potential customers by not going the traditional route as well as social media

11-19-2019 08:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.