Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What’s the plan for G5 football?
Fighting Muskie Offline
Senior Chief Realignmentologist

I Root For: Ohio St, UC,MAC
Haven’t heard much about any plans for football from the G5.

It’s just a thought but maybe C-USA and the SBC should play divisional opponents only and then fill in with regional G5’s.

The MAC is fine. If they decide it’s cost effective to play they are all pretty regional.

Maybe the 4 East-of-the Rockies conferences should collaborate and draw up some regional pods just for the season.
07-16-2020 01:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

otown Offline
All American

I Root For: Florida
RE: What’s the plan for G5 football?
AAC will be doing testing and more testing
https://csnbbs.com/thread-902981.html
07-16-2020 02:27 PM
Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
@Joseph_Duarte
·
18m
AAC commissioner Mike Aresco says league is looking at different scheduling options for football, including a "hybrid” eight league games with two non-conference games. “Right now, we didn’t view a all-conference schedule as something we’d prefer to do."
07-16-2020 03:03 PM
otown Offline
All American

I Root For: Florida
If the OOC does not include P5 games, then I would rather play a full round robin conference only schedule.
07-16-2020 04:04 PM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(07-16-2020 01:15 PM)Fighting Muskie Wrote:  Haven’t heard much about any plans for football from the G5.

[Image: what-if-i-told-you-making-the-plan-is-the-plan.jpg]
07-16-2020 04:10 PM
YNot Offline
All American

I Root For: BYU
(07-16-2020 03:03 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  @Joseph_Duarte
·
18m
AAC commissioner Mike Aresco says league is looking at different scheduling options for football, including a "hybrid” eight league games with two non-conference games. “Right now, we didn’t view a all-conference schedule as something we’d prefer to do."

Hope is still alive for some quality OOC games for the American:

Notre Dame-Navy
TCU-SMU
North Carolina-UCF
Marshall-ECU
Rice-Houston
Army-Navy

USF-Texas
ECU-South Carolina
Temple-Miami
Houston-BYU
07-16-2020 04:12 PM
Advertisement

templefootballfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TU & BGSU & TEX
Philadelphia is saying no gatherings more than 50 people until end of Feb
Their trying to work things out with eagles.
There is no way Lauri let's Temple play at the Linc
He gets off on jamming Temple up
07-16-2020 04:23 PM
chrisattsu Offline
Mom's Favorite

I Root For: Tarleton / TXST
Logically it makes sense for them to do this. Why should Texas State travel and give cooties to South Carolina, Georgia when they can stay in Texas to play local teams.

I think of the Bigten fans said it best, until the ncaa is willing to blanket a common set of rules across the country, it is easier for each league to set standards and hold their teams to it
07-16-2020 05:01 PM
Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
Alex Putterman
@AlexPutterman
·
1h
Gov. Lamont just said UConn football players would have to quarantine after returning from trips to hot-spot states (such as North Carolina and Mississippi).

If things don't get a lot better in those states, I would bet against those games taking place.
Randy Edsall

@RandyEdsall
·
1h
What about teams coming here to play? Do they have to quarantine here for 14 days before playing?

@AlexPutterman
For Randy and anyone else curious, I asked a spokesperson for the governor, who said "the answer is yes."
07-16-2020 05:29 PM
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
The UTEP AD recently said that a spring season was still under consideration. He was part of a group within CUSA given the task of finding ways for schools to save money this year.

I think that could work for CUSA with a conference only schedule even if they were the only ones doing it.
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2020 05:36 PM by MinerInWisconsin.)
07-16-2020 05:34 PM
Stugray2 Online
Heisman

I Root For: tOSU SJSU Stan'
I will find out tomorrow evening about the state of the MWC, as SJSU's AD is having a live zoom session for alumni and ticket holders. Let you know what she says.

Frankly we are just waiting for the official announcement from one of the P5 calling off the season for everyone to do so. Just who will be the one to do it, B1G, P12, ACC, SEC? Politics makes me think the ACC and SEC will beg the P12 or B1G to announce first.
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2020 05:38 PM by Stugray2.)
07-16-2020 05:38 PM
Advertisement

BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
What's the plan for g5 football?

See: RMS Titanic... "Steerage Class" Passenger.
07-16-2020 07:46 PM
CoastalJuan Offline
Business Drunk

I Root For: ECU
(07-16-2020 05:38 PM)Stugray2 Wrote:  I will find out tomorrow evening about the state of the MWC, as SJSU's AD is having a live zoom session for alumni and ticket holders. Let you know what she says.

Frankly we are just waiting for the official announcement from one of the P5 calling off the season for everyone to do so. Just who will be the one to do it, B1G, P12, ACC, SEC? Politics makes me think the ACC and SEC will beg the P12 or B1G to announce first.

Seems to be going more from the bottom up. Division II, then FCS. FBS conferences have more loot at stake, and will try to play if at all possible.
07-16-2020 08:15 PM
46566 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Gonzaga
I could see local non conference games but worse case scenario couldn't the visiting teams stay at the empty dorms and be tested a few days before the game? With online learning are the dorms equipped with WIFI?
07-16-2020 09:58 PM
BruceMcF Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Reds/Buckeyes/.
The MAC could start mid-October, play two five game divisional round robins, Battle of Michigan scheduled for the first three weeks, Rivalry Week in the 3rd Week in October{*}, one cross over game (Toledo/BG, Ball State / Miami, then catch as catch can), bye week, CCG, call it a season. They are all out of compliance on five home games, ask for a waiver.

(If ESPN will promise to put all games on ESPN2/ESPNU, they can spread out the last two weeks a bit for midweek #MACtion. Money talks, BS walks.)

They could do something similar in the spring, even without spring coming as early as it does in SEC country: April/May and done.

So with plans C and D already in hand, they can afford to wait and see whether something more will be possible as Plans A and B.

{* Kent State / Akron, Ohio / Miami, Toledo / Bowling Green, CMU/WMU, leaving Buffalo/EMU as the required second cross-over game and NIU/Ball State.}
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2020 02:11 AM by BruceMcF.)
07-17-2020 02:06 AM
ESE84 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice then UH

New Orleans BowlDonators
(07-16-2020 05:34 PM)MinerInWisconsin Wrote:  The UTEP AD recently said that a spring season was still under consideration. He was part of a group within CUSA given the task of finding ways for schools to save money this year.

I think that could work for CUSA with a conference only schedule even if they were the only ones doing it.

I like this, especially if C-USA is the only one doing it. This would likely elevate our visibility.

Let’s be bold. Play a couple of our best nearby OOC games this fall, if possible. Play the conference schedule in the spring. Will weather be an issue anywhere other than Marshall? Most of the C-USA schools could start play in February, right after the Super Bowl.
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2020 07:55 AM by ESE84.)
07-17-2020 07:49 AM
Advertisement

ESE84 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice then UH

New Orleans BowlDonators
(07-16-2020 08:15 PM)CoastalJuan Wrote:  
(07-16-2020 05:38 PM)Stugray2 Wrote:  I will find out tomorrow evening about the state of the MWC, as SJSU's AD is having a live zoom session for alumni and ticket holders. Let you know what she says.

Seems to be going more from the bottom up. Division II, then FCS. FBS conferences have more loot at stake, and will try to play if at all possible.

I have to think the lawyers are busy somewhere. The fatter the media contract, the less likely that the conference makes the first move. Conferences may be incentivized to wait until local orders make it not possible to play, creating a contractual escape clause.
07-17-2020 07:52 AM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
(07-16-2020 04:23 PM)templefootballfan Wrote:  Philadelphia is saying no gatherings more than 50 people until end of Feb

We'll LaSalle Basketball should be G2G
07-17-2020 08:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ohio Poly Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ohio Poly
Just wait until after Nov. 3 when the virus will suddenly and magically vanish, then play a winter/spring schedule.
07-17-2020 08:26 AM
Big Frog II Offline
1st String

I Root For: TCU
We still plan to play SMU. If they have the same testing protocol as we do there should be no problem. We have dropped the Prairie View A&M game because they do not have the funds to do so. We are looking for a replacement for this game as well as Cal. Who knows we may end up playing UNT and Houston. They are close by, limited travel, and if they have the same testing we would be good to go.
07-17-2020 08:31 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.