Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

No Duke Club members allowed to attend spring football
Bookmark and Share
Bill Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU
friends and family only. donors left out in the cold again.
01-30-2021 01:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: James Madison
RE: No Duke Club members allowed to attend spring football
Thank COVID and your governor.

I really don’t get the angst directed at JMU for this. Many of us would like to attend more sports events, but their hands are mostly tied until restrictions are loosened.

To be honest, I think we will be lucky to attend playoff games or even Frisco this year if they make it that far.
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2021 01:27 PM by JMURocks.)
01-30-2021 01:21 PM
lingerba Offline
Special Teams

Yeah, this is 100% on Northam, not JMU. It is illogical to say that BFS should be limited to 250 people. There were WAY more than 250 in Costco today...and last weekend, and before that.
01-30-2021 01:57 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
What’s the seating for current Bridgeforth? 22.5k or so?

But we’re not “allowed” to have any more than 250 freaking people in a stadium that size. Stupid is as stupid does.

We get the government we deserve.
Welcome to being #50 of 50.
01-30-2021 02:01 PM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

24,887- so we're being allowed a whopping 1% of capacity. Packers were allowed 10%. Hmmm
01-30-2021 02:06 PM
Bill Offline
1st String

(01-30-2021 01:57 PM)lingerba Wrote:  Yeah, this is 100% on Northam, not JMU. It is illogical to say that BFS should be limited to 250 people. There were WAY more than 250 in Costco today...and last weekend, and before that.

I don't think Northam called up JMU and told them to put their donors at the bottom of the 'allowed to attend' list. Northam's Covid rules are puzzling. But limiting a 25,000 seat stadium to 250 people isn't puzzling, it's flat out moronic. I'd sit in a section with maskless fans and not have a care in the world.
01-30-2021 03:46 PM
Advertisement

lingerba Offline
Special Teams

(01-30-2021 03:46 PM)Bill Wrote:  
(01-30-2021 01:57 PM)lingerba Wrote:  Yeah, this is 100% on Northam, not JMU. It is illogical to say that BFS should be limited to 250 people. There were WAY more than 250 in Costco today...and last weekend, and before that.

I don't think Northam called up JMU and told them to put their donors at the bottom of the 'allowed to attend' list. Northam's Covid rules are puzzling. But limiting a 25,000 seat stadium to 250 people isn't puzzling, it's flat out moronic. I'd sit in a section with maskless fans and not have a care in the world.
I completely agree with you. I just mean that I feel like Northam put JMU in a lose-lose situation. I don't love that JMU didn't prioritize donors, but I understand their decision. I still blame the root cause of the issue on Northam.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
01-30-2021 04:06 PM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

What’s scarier is Bourne’s recent admission that they’re having issues lining up TV options for games due to the 4pm time slot. Seems like FLO is going to be the only option for at least some games. We’ll see!
01-30-2021 04:09 PM
NH/JMU Saxkow Offline
1st String

(01-30-2021 03:46 PM)Bill Wrote:  

It's policies like this that just give occupancy restrictions a bad name. To do a one-size-fits-all rule of 250 people makes no sense. It really should have been something like a 10% rule. I could easily see 2500 people in specifically spaced out areas work in our outdoor stadium. Sure, there would be people on here complaining that that still wouldn't be enough, but at least it would be something. Instead the State went with a rule where it just shows that they didn't want to really spend any time thinking about it.
01-30-2021 04:14 PM
Dukeman2 Offline
Special Teams

We can all agree the covid metrics are far worse now than in August, and CAA/D2 football was canceled in August - so why would we play now?

And from a high level, given the mission/purpose of D2/FCS Football, it is even more perplexing why teams would move forward with a spring football season?
01-30-2021 04:40 PM
Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

I Root For: the Dukes
All the people mad about this are the ones that wouldn't be anywhere near the 250 cutoff anyway, and also probably weren't going to be buying tickets to go to a February FCS game against Morehead state anyway. Take a chill pill people. What do you think is a fair way to pick 250 people? The easy way is to let the players families have two tickets and call it a day. All the attitude crap is just that. We have bigger problems than figuring out which 250 people can go to a football game. My opinion: "Grow up Bill"
01-30-2021 05:25 PM
Advertisement

jmufbs Offline
Special Teams

2500 would be no problem outside with masks and socially distant.
JMU could and should be pushing back on Northam for an exception as things improve this spring.
This really is unacceptable and just another poor policy decision out of Richmond.
01-30-2021 05:41 PM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

Didn’t VPI&SU get a waiver eventually for Lane this fall? I distinctly recall seeing the VPI&SU marching band “performing” outside the stadium on a hill during a game. Thought I saw they were inside Lane for at least one later game.
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2021 06:06 PM by HyperDuke.)
01-30-2021 06:05 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
12,500 would be no problem.

Just keep a distance from people you don’t know or live with and if you’re sick just stay home. Sick with anything.

Is this going to spoil my evening? Well of course not. But it’s just a comment on stupid edicts that have little basis in well, anything.

Whaddya gonna do...
01-30-2021 06:06 PM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

Lots can change in the next 5 weeks before JMU plays CAA games. Who cares about Morehead and Bob Morris? Nobody. Not even in a regular season would anyone care about them. They are complete throwaway games and embarrassing to be honest.

If the State doesn’t increase outdoor attendance limits by March 13th when JMU hosts W&M then throw some darts then. Still wouldn’t be a JMU decision though.
I suspect we will see something more than 250 as a chunk of the population gets both vaccine shots by then.

If nothing changes, you can always go with the FLO! She is suitable alternative if you just can’t miss watching the game.
01-30-2021 06:08 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
Ouch! But be thankful you all didn’t so something as dumb as Marshall did a few years ago. Mike Hamrick (our AD) and the president thought it would be an ingenious idea to put all season tickets up for grabs. In other words, people who has seats on the 50 yard line since 1990 lost them to the pool. This caused massive amounts of animosity and bad blood and royally hurt attendance.
01-30-2021 07:03 PM
Advertisement

Dukesfan71 Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU Dukes
I vote to play three games or none.
Elon, William and Mary and Richmond. 1 game each. That’s like 3 spring football scrimmages. Then gear up for the fall. No point in playing Robert Morris or Morehead.
01-30-2021 07:06 PM
JMUsince89 Offline
1st String

(01-30-2021 06:05 PM)HyperDuke Wrote:  Didn’t VPI&SU get a waiver eventually for Lane this fall? I distinctly recall seeing the VPI&SU marching band “performing” outside the stadium on a hill during a game. Thought I saw they were inside Lane for at least one later game.
That was last year before the current surge in cases that has prompted Ralphy to tone down attendance amounts. Current limits are in effect until Feb 28. Maybe Ralphy will up to numbers then, but I dont see more than 1K even then. Fauci has stated it maybe by the end of summer before the vaccine even starts to turn the tide. Joe wont do anything to change that, and Ralphy wont go against Joe.
01-30-2021 09:29 PM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

Ah, I see. Sucks about football. But must be nice to be a governor with such a close relationship to the president. Sounds like they must be BFFs!
01-30-2021 09:32 PM
JMUsince89 Offline
1st String

(01-30-2021 07:03 PM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  Ouch! But be thankful you all didn’t so something as dumb as Marshall did a few years ago. Mike Hamrick (our AD) and the president thought it would be an ingenious idea to put all season tickets up for grabs. In other words, people who has seats on the 50 yard line since 1990 lost them to the pool. This caused massive amounts of animosity and bad blood and royally hurt attendance.
But JMU does just that. Every 4 years they do a reseating that lets Duke club members upgrade thier seating. If you dont upgrade your Duke Club status you can get out done for your seats you might have had for years. A sly but effective way to make you donate more.
01-30-2021 09:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.