Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Do we stand a chance?
TUDIEHARD Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Against New Mexico St.???

This is a team I said we would kill in the preseason, not I'm not so sure.......They are 4-1 and they killed New Mexico 67-48.....but then lost to UTEP by 9.....not sure what to think about the aggies........
12-08-2003 09:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

jfisher Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Until we find five guys who want to play as a team on both ends of the court, anybody on our schedule can beat us, well, maybe not Texas St. Since I don't think the so-called motion offense is working and we have some good outside shooters maybe we should just go to the single high post offense. That way we have four shooters and the post just moves from the high post to the basket as the ball moves setting screens for the shooters. After the screen the post roles to the basket. If they overplay the shooter the role man should be open if the not the shooter has a better shot than we are getting now. We just need a starting five that's only goal is to win and not worry about anything else. I would try a line up right now for two games straight of Parker Glenn, Price, Collins and Ramsdell. They would all play about 30 minutes, leaving 50 minutes for subs. We have to have a starting five that can either get us a lead or stay within striking diastance no matter who were playing or how good the other team is playing.
12-09-2003 09:16 AM
ashVID Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

It is a home game with a week to prepare... sure we stand a chance. I always had this one down as a tough game, even pre-season. They are a GREAT rebounding team (+8 average) and are tough defenders who would rather foul than give up an easy shot. They are only allowing 60 points a game. In the UTEP game, UTEP shot 25 more FTs than NMSU which obviously was the difference.

ash =o)
12-09-2003 05:55 PM
Advertisement

jfisher Offline
1st String

I Root For:

The more free throws we shoot, the more trouble were in. :frown: Well, if they foul the right guys it might be OK but overall, fouling Tulsa is a good way to win the game. Add to that they are a rebounding machine, Tulsa is in real trouble. Either play the 5 best players no matter what their height or play 3 Big guys, Price being the smallest of those at all times and hope we get a rebound once in a while. Without Gonzo, I would be playing Cardwell more and more minutes because he may be our only hope for a real rebounder in the middle come conference time. If no one else wants to rebound, I would play Meir(?) all day long at the 4 spot because I 've seen him want the rebounds and get them. I don't know where all the negatives come from about Meir. I have only seen him play about 5-6 times but everything he does has been good, shooting, rebounding and passing. I know, he's white so he isn't fast enough. I haven't seen are other speedy players doing real well on defense and at least Meir tries all the time!!!!!!!!!
12-10-2003 09:42 AM
Cane Gang Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Until we start hitting on all cylinders, I won't go into any game thinking we're going to win. I'll go in thinking we're in for a battle.

Rebounding is obviously a weakness for us right now. We did a little better against ORU, but couldn't grab the boards down the stretch when we needed them. Gotta find a way to hold our own on the glass...
12-10-2003 10:56 AM
Advertisement

TUDIEHARD Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

and Free Throws, we are horriffic from the line........
12-10-2003 11:01 AM
ashVID Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

We were 12-15 for 80% against ORU... the hey is to make sure the guards draw the fouls.

ash =o)
12-10-2003 05:33 PM
Advertisement

Cane Gang Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

yeesh, I hate to think how ugly it would be if teams start a "Hack a Price" strategy late in the game. Hope we have shatterproof backboards... 03-wink
12-10-2003 07:54 PM
TUDIEHARD Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Price is horrible from the line........worse than Shaq
12-11-2003 12:53 PM
Advertisement

jfisher Offline
1st String

I Root For:

The game Sunday should be a good test to see if we've started to learn anything yet!! NMSU is a darn good team and we will have to play pretty good to beat them. It could even be interesting to see the starting line-up. I hope Collins starts and starts shooting the ball. We not only need his outside scoring, maybe more important we need his rebounding on the weakside desperately. We need to play with more tenacity, that killer instinct, not a bunch of nice guys!!! 04-rock
12-12-2003 11:25 AM
pinaction Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

TUDIEHARD Wrote:Price is horrible from the line........worse than Shaq
I've never seen anyone worse than Shaq.
12-16-2003 05:03 PM
TUDIEHARD Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

then you have never seen price....
12-17-2003 01:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.