Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Who should be our starting 5?
TUDIEHARD Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

It's obvious Jarius and Jason are there but, who else can show attitude and who else is willing to fight for every rebound and play for the team not themselves?

BC maybe?
Ramsdell because of his performance today?
Teichman has played well before this game....but didn't get a chance to do anything today.....
12-06-2003 04:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TU 98 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

TUDIEHARD Wrote:It's obvious Jarius and Jason are there but, who else can show attitude and who else is willing to fight for every rebound and play for the team not themselves?

BC maybe?
Ramsdell because of his performance today?
Teichman has played well before this game....but didn't get a chance to do anything today.....
Wallace, Jason, Kelley/Rams, Glenn, Price

This gives us a quicker smaller team. Until Rams, GT or Cardwell prove they can defend/rebound put Glenn at the 4. We know he'll block out and defend.
12-06-2003 05:39 PM
TUfan Offline
1st String

I Root For:

TU 98 Wrote:Wallace, Jason, Kelley/Rams, Glenn, Price

This gives us a quicker smaller team. Until Rams, GT or Cardwell prove they can defend/rebound put Glenn at the 4. We know he'll block out and defend.
1G Wallace
2G Parker
3F Charles (or Teich-- depending on who is playing better that day)
4F Glenn
5C Price

BTW 98-- Charles had 8 boards today-- same as Glenn-- and has been improving on the boards each game (IMHO). I think his problem is that he isn't strong enough yet. Scary-- he's gotten bigger-- but I think he can add some more muscle and overall strength to make him a rebounding machine. The guys arms are ungodly long! 03-wink

Young Charles is shooting 48% from the field, 50% on threes.

P.S. diehard-- Jason does not always play for the team. 03-wink
12-06-2003 08:38 PM
Advertisement

TUDIEHARD Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

TUfan Wrote:P.S. diehard-- Jason does not always play for the team. 03-wink
I know......I have thought that too, very much......but he is too good to leave out unless he becomes detrimental.
12-06-2003 09:48 PM
jfisher Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Anytime Collins, Teich and Kelley don't make a basket, I think you can chalk up a loss. All three are very good shooters and yet altogether they shot about 5-6 shots. That is pathetic to say the least!!! I think TUfan has got the line-up for right now. We are a perimeter team even with our taller players and the shooters need to shoot more and the middle will open for Price and driving to the basket!!
12-07-2003 09:43 AM
Advertisement

TU 98 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Charles plays better defense than GT and he's more athletic, which should help because if Jarius is guarding the opposing teams 4 whoever is playing the 3 has to be athletic enough to do so. GT hasn't shown he can guard anyone.
12-07-2003 08:52 PM
Tulsafanz Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Coach Phillps dilemma is matching his best talent on the court & team chemistry. I think his 5 most talented are Parker, Glenn, Price, Teichmann & Collins (followed closely by Kelley & Ramsdell). However, if the ORU game is a trend, he believes putting Wallace at the point & Parker @ the 2 is best for team chemistry. I just don't believe Wallace is a D-1 caliber guard. I hope he proves me wrong. I've been following TU for over 30 years, so I've seen a few guards come through Tulsa. I think we will see more of Kelley at the point as the year goes on & more of Collins at the 2 & 3 as the year goes on. Collins obviously needs to prove to Phillips that he will give the effort to earn minutes. My biggest concern w/ Wallace at the point was what I saw Saturday on offense. We had Parker,Wallace,Glenn,Ramsdell & Cardwell in together for many minutes. It was up to Jason to create shots against double teams to get any offense. We had very little outside shooting potential in the game & ORU knew who to cover/double cover. Wallace did hit that 3 in the second half, but I don't believe his career 3 point shooting % is very high & he hasn't shown an ability to create his own shot. Again I like Wallace & if he becomes a full=time starter, I hope he proves me wrong.
12-07-2003 11:19 PM
Advertisement

Cane Gang Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

I concur completely with TUfan: Wallace, Parker, Ramsdell, Glenn and Price.

As many people have said, Wallace is our only true point guard. Get him in there and give him his minutes so he'll develop sooner rather than later. Plus, he's better defensively than Collins with those long arms.

Start developing Kelly as the back-up PG. Collins spells Parker and/or Ramsdell when we need to go small. Teichman needs to get tougher to take minutes from Ramsdell. Cardwell spells Price and gives us... um, five fouls a game. :}

Glenn plays 40 minutes and had better like it.
12-08-2003 12:33 PM
ashVID Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I like sliding Jason to the 2 and Glenn to the 4 but I am not confident that Wallace can handle pressure or "create" on offense. I think he can protect the ball in the half court and play solid D but I am not sold on him. We need Collins to get healthy and someone to step up on the interior. Price has played some good games but he doesnt really post up, he makes some nice moves, not STRONG moves and he is an average rebounder at best... I hate to keep harping on it but if we had Green at center we would be undefeated...

ash =o)
12-09-2003 05:59 PM
jfisher Offline
1st String

I Root For:

No wonder JP can't decide who to play, the fans can't decide either. A few people want to do away with JP but yet I don't know if the fans could do any better right now?? I agree not getting Green was a mistake!! I sometimes wonder if coaches try to recruit players more like themselves. In this case, JP is a low key, pretty unemotional guy and it seems like the attitude either the players have or is instilled in them by JP as to what he wants, ain't working. We really need some toughness, almost mean with an attitude of I'm going to beat you!!! :chair: We have and have had in the past a bunch of real nice guys. Glenn has an attitude, Collins had an attitude when he arrived, I kind of wonder if that can be taken out of someone if they don't get playing time and that is the control mechanism for players with an attitude?? I don't want a team that smiles and shakes hands with the opposition after they just lost. I want them to hang their heads and go to the lockeroom muttering obsentities under their breath. They should feel like they just had their heart torn out, I know I did but I also know there were other players planning their dates on the way to the lockeroom :mad: !!!!!!
12-10-2003 09:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.