Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Who is our next JMU President?
Bookmark and Share
bcp_jmu Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison!!
Who is our next JMU President?
Alger has done some good things - doubt he is around after another 5 years...

I think the CEO of Northrup Grumman is our next President - Kathy Warden is on the BOV, polished, smart, passionate alum, experienced the Ron Carrier era, and she and her husband just set up a $2.5M scholarship campaign - but i have zero inside knowledge here

Talk about a dream job!
10-28-2021 01:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
RE: Who is our next JMU President?
(10-28-2021 01:26 PM)bcp_jmu Wrote:  Alger has done some good things - doubt he is around after another 5 years...

I think the CEO of Northrup Grumman is our next President - Kathy Warden is on the BOV, polished, smart, passionate alum, experienced the Ron Carrier era, and she and her husband just set up a $2.5M scholarship campaign - but i have zero inside knowledge here

Talk about a dream job!

5 years is a long time in university administrations. With Alger just being renewed by the BOVs the question about who JMU’s next President will be is the last thing I’m thinking about on a sports message board. Perhaps this would be a better OT thread.
10-28-2021 01:31 PM
bcp_jmu Offline
Heisman

^ thank you for not participating.......leadership impacts sports, scholarships impact sports...mods feel free to move if you like
10-28-2021 01:54 PM
DirtyDukes Offline
All American

I Root For: Dukes, bud!
Centdukesfan
10-28-2021 01:54 PM
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: James Madison
Something tells me the Alger and Bourne hate isn't going to just end once we get to the end of next week.
10-28-2021 03:27 PM
HMK Offline
Special Teams

Nick Langridge currently the VP for Advancement and a long-term leader at JMU. Nick is a JMU sports person. I got to know Nick when he served as the student representative to the Duke Club Board of Directors. After graduation, he went to work for the Duke Club where he traveled and initiated the formation of the local Duke Club Chapters. Within a few years, he was appointed the Director of the Duke Club. Dr, Rose saw his leadership abilities and appointed him as his special assistant. Upon retirement, President Alger kept him in the same role until he moved to Advancement. Like Lin Rose, Nick is home grown and loves JMU and has his PhD from UVA.
10-28-2021 03:34 PM
Advertisement

bcp_jmu Offline
Heisman

nick is pretty impressive....seems awfully young - but that's the trend maybe.
10-28-2021 04:06 PM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
(10-28-2021 03:34 PM)HMK Wrote:  Nick Langridge currently the VP for Advancement and a long-term leader at JMU. Nick is a JMU sports person. I got to know Nick when he served as the student representative to the Duke Club Board of Directors. After graduation, he went to work for the Duke Club where he traveled and initiated the formation of the local Duke Club Chapters. Within a few years, he was appointed the Director of the Duke Club. Dr, Rose saw his leadership abilities and appointed him as his special assistant. Upon retirement, President Alger kept him in the same role until he moved to Advancement. Like Lin Rose, Nick is home grown and loves JMU and has his PhD from UVA.

Would absolutely prefer to have Nick in role as he is an avid supporter of D-1 athletics. Alger is more like a fish out of water when it comes to D-1 athletics. I don’t really care nearly as much about what goes on in the academic side. Get a prez with a Ron Carrier attitude with regards to sports being a primary publicity and advertising arm of the University.
10-28-2021 04:15 PM
bcp_jmu Offline
Heisman

(10-28-2021 03:27 PM)Potomac Wrote:  Something tells me the Alger and Bourne hate isn't going to just end once we get to the end of next week.

This isn't a hate-thread its reality-based
10-28-2021 04:26 PM
TXGiant Offline
Special Teams

(10-28-2021 04:15 PM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  
(10-28-2021 03:34 PM)HMK Wrote:  Nick Langridge currently the VP for Advancement and a long-term leader at JMU. Nick is a JMU sports person. I got to know Nick when he served as the student representative to the Duke Club Board of Directors. After graduation, he went to work for the Duke Club where he traveled and initiated the formation of the local Duke Club Chapters. Within a few years, he was appointed the Director of the Duke Club. Dr, Rose saw his leadership abilities and appointed him as his special assistant. Upon retirement, President Alger kept him in the same role until he moved to Advancement. Like Lin Rose, Nick is home grown and loves JMU and has his PhD from UVA.

Would absolutely prefer to have Nick in role as he is an avid supporter of D-1 athletics. Alger is more like a fish out of water when it comes to D-1 athletics. I don’t really care nearly as much about what goes on in the academic side. Get a prez with a Ron Carrier attitude with regards to sports being a primary publicity and advertising arm of the University.

In fairness to Alger, he has been a driver for this move not an unwilling passenger. I have had a couple issues with JA's leadership over the years but this isn't one of them. Alger recognized that the CAA was no longer a fit and has worked hard with Jeff Bourne to make this happen.
10-28-2021 04:31 PM
bcp_jmu Offline
Heisman

Stated at the top - he has some good accomplishments - setting a vision, national R2, fundraising, increased diversity, and clearly he was aboard with SBC... i won't go into the negative things, just aware that 15 years is coming up, 20 would be surprising
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2021 04:41 PM by bcp_jmu.)
10-28-2021 04:40 PM
Advertisement

HMK Offline
Special Teams

(10-28-2021 04:06 PM)bcp_jmu Wrote:  nick is pretty impressive....seems awfully young - but that's the trend maybe.

Ron Carrier was 39 when he bacame the President of Madison College. I believe Nick is around 43.

"I grew up in a large family in Tennessee. I never knew what it was like to sleep alone until I got married. " ~ Ron Carrier
10-28-2021 04:48 PM
bcp_jmu Offline
Heisman

That's some good perspective...but JMU then vs now... quite a different animal :) He presents very well
10-28-2021 04:50 PM
jmuroadwarrior Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU albany

Better yet. He actually got his Ph.D. from JMU in 2014. Strategic Leadership: Higher Education Concentration. (See his LinkedIn profile)
10-29-2021 08:09 AM
ShadyP Offline
Heisman

(10-28-2021 01:26 PM)bcp_jmu Wrote:  Alger has done some good things - doubt he is around after another 5 years...

Talk about a dream job!

With regard to Kathy Warden.....hard pass/no there. Not the leader that is desired.
10-29-2021 08:27 AM
Centdukesfan Offline
All American

I Root For: Dukes, bud
(10-28-2021 01:54 PM)DirtyDukes Wrote:  Centdukesfan

OK fine im in
10-29-2021 08:59 AM
Advertisement

bcp_jmu Offline
Heisman

(10-29-2021 08:27 AM)ShadyP Wrote:  

Talk about a dream job!

With regard to Kathy Warden.....hard pass/no there. Not the leader that is desired.

Anything to back that up?
10-29-2021 09:25 AM
bcp_jmu Offline
Heisman

ooh wow that's interesting - seems a little cold, too polished? hard a$$?
10-29-2021 09:51 AM
ShadyP Offline
Heisman

(10-29-2021 09:51 AM)bcp_jmu Wrote:  ooh wow that's interesting - seems a little cold, too polished? hard a$$?

polished/rehearsed/fake all fit
10-29-2021 09:52 AM
JMU2004 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: DUKES
(10-29-2021 09:52 AM)ShadyP Wrote:  
(10-29-2021 09:51 AM)bcp_jmu Wrote:  ooh wow that's interesting - seems a little cold, too polished? hard a$$?

polished/rehearsed/fake all fit

Description fits just about every Fortune 500 CEO that I've ever come in contact with.
10-29-2021 09:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.