I Root For: North Texas
Exclamation The C-USA6 After Week 7?
UTSA 5-2
UAB 4-2
UNT 4-3
Rice 3-3
FAU 3-4
Charlotte 1-5

All 6 have now played at least half of their schedule. So AAC fans, which C-USA6 programs are out preforming your expectations, and which are underachieving based on what you expected them to do this season. Give them a grade A through F. Just wondering how expectations and perceptions may have changed now that games have been played. I hope to read some constructive comments from our future AAC conference-mates. Thanks.
10-16-2022 09:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ncbeta Offline
Suffering from trolliosis

I Root For: ECU
RE: The C-USA6 After Week 7?
I'll take the top four and drop the bottom two. Relegation style we can send our bottom two down too. There's always next year.
10-16-2022 10:02 PM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
The poster appears lost.

Let me help. Go here, please.
10-16-2022 10:34 PM
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
Exclamation RE: The C-USA6 After Week 7?
owls will dominaI mean stink as much as ever in AAC cellar....(probably most all of them, too). But what do I know? Extend the Bloom? (jerry berndt II)
10-16-2022 10:44 PM
Milwaukee Offline
All American

I Root For: many teams
(10-16-2022 09:47 PM)Side.Show.Joe Wrote:  UTSA 5-2
UAB 4-2
UNT 4-3
Rice 3-3
FAU 3-4
Charlotte 1-5

All 6 have now played at least half of their schedule. So AAC fans, which C-USA6 programs are out preforming your expectations, and which are underachieving based on what you expected them to do this season. Give them a grade A through F. Just wondering how expectations and perceptions may have changed now that games have been played. I hope to read some constructive comments from our future AAC conference-mates. Thanks.

The CUSA6, as a group, have outperformed expectations this season, and that's a very welcome sign.

Not sure how to grade them - - should we grade their progress over the past two years, or their W-L record?
......................program...........current...........2022
......................progress:.......W-L record.....bowl team?

UTSA 5-2...............A......................A-...............lock
UAB 4-2.................B......................B+..........near-lock
UNT 4-3.................B......................B.............possible
Rice 3-3.................A......................B.............possible
FAU 3-4.................C......................B-............possible
UNCC 1-5..............C-.....................C-.............unlikely

Average:...............B (good)............B (good)

Another way to gauge their progress is to estimate how many bowl teams there will be among them this year. According to Massey's ratings, there are likely to be 3 or 4 bowl teams from this group.

UTSA and UAB are expected to qualify for bowl games. In addition, 1 or 2* of these 3 teams are predicted by Massey to play in bowl games: UNT, Rice, FAU.

At minimum, that's the same as the % of bowl teams that the AAC remainers are likely to have.

. . . . . . .

*Key games:

11/19: FAU @ MTSU (FAU is favored to beat UTEP & FIU)

11/26: UNT @ Rice (UNT & Rice are both favored to have 5 wins before 11/26)
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2022 11:59 PM by Milwaukee.)
10-16-2022 10:59 PM
ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
UAB 4-2
UNT 4-3
Rice 3-3
FAU 3-4
Charlotte 1-5

clt says this thread will be deleted.
10-16-2022 11:35 PM
Advertisement

owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

I Root For: rice,smu,uh,unt
The C-USA6 After Week 7?
(10-16-2022 11:35 PM)ghostofclt! Wrote:  
UAB 4-2
UNT 4-3
Rice 3-3
FAU 3-4
Charlotte 1-5

clt says this thread will be deleted.

Well he did use the C-word
10-17-2022 05:13 AM
Milwaukee Offline
All American

I Root For: many teams
(10-16-2022 10:44 PM)GoodOwl Wrote:  owls will dominaI mean stink as much as ever in AAC cellar....(probably most all of them, too). But what do I know? Extend the Bloom? (jerry berndt II)

Please clarify - - are you predicting that FAU, Rice, and Temple owls will all end up in the cellar?
10-17-2022 07:43 AM
CoastalJuan Offline
Business Drunk

I Root For: ECU
UAB 4-2
UNT 4-3
Rice 3-3
FAU 3-4
Charlotte 1-5

UTSA and UAB are about where I expected. Hoping UTSA keeps their coach.

UNT has out-performed. I saw some of their game against SMU and thought they'd be a 2-3 win team this year. At least they are beating CUSA teams.

Rice has way out-performed. Losses to USC and Houston were expected, but they hung in against Houston and got surprising(to me) wins against respectable ULaLa and UAB teams. The owl have probably surprised me the most this year of the group.

I didn't expect much out of UNCC, but they are doing worse than I thought. Not hearing nearly as much "thanks for grabbing Mike Houston so we could land Will Healy talk" this year. His seat has to be getting warm.

Last but not least, I expected FAU to fit snugly between UTSA/UAB and the rest of CUSA this year(in current UNT territory). They can still finish in the 3rd-4th place zip code, but have had a couple of embarrassing outings along the way. UCF should have been a game, and no one should ever, under any circumstances, lose to Ohio...ever.
[Image: afd1d90485af672961a184fba7f17ac8.gif]
10-17-2022 08:06 AM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(10-16-2022 10:59 PM)Milwaukee Wrote:  
UAB 4-2
UNT 4-3
Rice 3-3
FAU 3-4
Charlotte 1-5

The CUSA6, as a group, have outperformed expectations this season, and that's a very welcome sign.

Not sure how to grade them - - should we grade their progress over the past two years, or their W-L record?
......................program...........current...........2022
......................progress:.......W-L record.....bowl team?

UTSA 5-2...............A......................A-...............lock
UAB 4-2.................B......................B+..........near-lock
UNT 4-3.................B......................B.............possible
Rice 3-3.................A......................B.............possible
FAU 3-4.................C......................B-............possible
UNCC 1-5..............C-.....................C-.............unlikely

Average:...............B (good)............B (good)

Another way to gauge their progress is to estimate how many bowl teams there will be among them this year. According to Massey's ratings, there are likely to be 3 or 4 bowl teams from this group.

UTSA and UAB are expected to qualify for bowl games. In addition, 1 or 2* of these 3 teams are predicted by Massey to play in bowl games: UNT, Rice, FAU.

At minimum, that's the same as the % of bowl teams that the AAC remainers are likely to have.

. . . . . . .

*Key games:

11/19: FAU @ MTSU (FAU is favored to beat UTEP & FIU)

11/26: UNT @ Rice (UNT & Rice are both favored to have 5 wins before 11/26)

LOL, there is nothing to celebrate or anything noteworthy. The abundance of bowls means almost all squads with a 6-6 or better record obtain invitations and wins are easy to obtain in enfeebled CUAS.

Please dispel the notion most newcomers are worthy of AAC invitation based on performance merit rather than by direction of the Mouse.

Besides, they are thankfully not AAC members yet and their status this season irrelevant on a board dedicated to the AAC, IMO.
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2022 09:35 AM by Tiger1983.)
10-17-2022 08:28 AM
Thewavefan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tulane
It’s all sweet playing their easy C-USA schedules but once they have to play AAC teams week in and week out then we will truly see what they are capable of. It will more than likely be a rough few years for the C-USA teams though.
10-17-2022 08:32 AM
Advertisement

UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

I Root For: UTSA
Frank Harris has an extra year of eligibility, along with the top 3 receivers. So they might stay another year to come and play in the American. Its going to be interesting to see if he does stay another extra year.
10-17-2022 09:10 AM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
UAB 4-2
UNT 4-3
Rice 3-3
FAU 3-4
Charlotte 1-5

Navy 2-4
Temple 2-4
Tulsa 2-4
USF 1-6
10-17-2022 09:34 AM
vick mike Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple U
UAB 4-2
UNT 4-3
Rice 3-3
FAU 3-4
Charlotte 1-5

They would all beat Temple right now.
10-17-2022 09:52 AM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(10-17-2022 08:32 AM)Thewavefan Wrote:  It’s all sweet playing their easy C-USA schedules but once they have to play AAC teams week in and week out then we will truly see what they are capable of. It will more than likely be a rough few years for the C-USA teams though.

This is about the biggest pile of feces posted on this board. Moving from CUSA to the AAC without UCF, Houston, and Cincinnati is just a tick above being a lateral move.
10-17-2022 10:00 AM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(10-17-2022 10:00 AM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  
(10-17-2022 08:32 AM)Thewavefan Wrote:  It’s all sweet playing their easy C-USA schedules but once they have to play AAC teams week in and week out then we will truly see what they are capable of. It will more than likely be a rough few years for the C-USA teams though.

This is about the biggest pile of feces posted on this board. Moving from CUSA to the AAC without UCF, Houston, and Cincinnati is just a tick above being a lateral move.

I wish the CUSA6 arrived at the same conclusion and stayed put.
10-17-2022 11:29 AM
Advertisement

Fishpro10987 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Temple
(10-17-2022 09:52 AM)vick mike Wrote:  
UAB 4-2
UNT 4-3
Rice 3-3
FAU 3-4
Charlotte 1-5

They would all beat Temple right now.

I don't know. I think we give Charlotte a game.
10-17-2022 11:56 AM
NoQuarterBrigade Offline
Go Damn Pirates!!!!!

I Root For: ECU & the AAC
UAB 4-2
UNT 4-3
Rice 3-3
FAU 3-4
Charlotte 1-5

Charlotte is outperforming our expectations 05-duck
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2022 12:41 PM by NoQuarterBrigade.)
10-17-2022 12:28 PM
ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
clt says we are playing better and are a big favorite this weekend.

please dont delete this.
10-17-2022 12:48 PM
MeepMeep Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTSA | Arizona
Quality thread 04-cheers

I do think a couple teams are handling the coaching situations badly. UAB got hosed by Bill Clark last second and nobody faults them for that, but I don’t think they’ve even hinted at looking for a replacement and Vince isn’t it. UNT should have parted with Littrell this past offseason but didn’t. Unless they win out, he’s likely gone after the season and they open AAC play on a rebuild. These decisions are really gonna affect next them next year when conference play becomes a lot tougher.
10-17-2022 01:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.