Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Men's game 13: @Fairfield
Bookmark and Share
dan10 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Drexel
Men's game 13: @Fairfield
After a resounding win against a bad team we head north to face Fairfield. The stags are sitting at 5-7 but hold a win over Towson. They have been better more recently after their 0-4 start. Towson is their best win. They lost to Bash's former team and then beat Bash's new team. It appears they play a scatter shot approach with their lineup and rotate a lot of guys in and out. 10 guys average double digit minutes with just 1 over 30 minutes.

Fairfield doesnt score a lot of points, but Caleb Fields is their leading guard at 13 points per. He is a senior and is excellent from the FT line, and modest from the field. TJ Long is their other guard, who is merely a volume shooter, but not a very good one. The duo will launch them up, but Fields is really the only one we need to worry about. Supreme Cook is likely their best player scoring 13 points while grabbing nearly 8.5 rebounds a game. He is a 6'9" forward. He and Amari could really battle it out.

This is a winnable game, but which team shows up? Can we put a consistent effort out multiple games in a row? All I can say is I hope so, but not sure id bet on it. We will have the size advantage and should be a more talented team, but it is a road game just before the holidays, so who knows where the focus will be for either team.

Drexel- 65
Fairfield- 68
12-20-2022 10:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JonP Offline
2nd String

RE: Men's game 13: @Fairfield
Fairfield's new arena looks really nice: https://fairfieldstags.com/facilities/le...y-arena/26
12-20-2022 10:52 AM
Advertisement

JonP Offline
2nd String

12-21-2022 04:58 PM
J.B. Offline

Just when we thought that Covid was behind us to a large extent and we could move on to our normal lives. We knew Covid was never going away, but I didn't think we were at the point of seeing stuff postponed again.

It says that they're looking for a date to reschedule, but at this stage of the schedule, what's the point? You have to figure that some league games will get postponed from either the CAA or MAAC and those games would take priority. Just play them in Fairfield next year.
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2022 05:15 PM by J.B..)
12-21-2022 05:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.