Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Is it basketball season or not??
Nevadanatural Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulsa

I guess I should start posting over hear more. I'm getting so frustrated with most of the folks who post on the rivals board. These guys have played 7 games so far and that's not nearly enough time for a proper evaluation. I see some good things and some bad things each game. If we can cut down on the turnovers I think we can be competative in CUSA as most of the league is down this year. People griped about rebounding last year saying that you can't do well getting only one shot. My take has been that turnovers are the number one statistic because when you turn the ball over you don't even get a shot and the other team often gets an easy 2.
12-13-2005 03:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

jfisher Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Is it basketball season or not??
No post since Nov 23, doesn't sound like Tulsa basketball season!! First let me say, I'm not crazy about the new board at all, but I've never been known to yell about too many things that are free ;-) I thought the BB team would have at least one more win than they do, but overall they are playing at about the level I expected, maybe slightly less aggressive than I thought they would be!! I don't agree with some people who think we need a couple more recruiting classes to get to 17-18 wins. Next year, I think we could come close to that many wins and I'm optimistic about the future. With a line-up of Ramsdell, Crowe, Reese, Earls and Mitchell or Mclean, with the other one giving both the Center and PF a rest, I think we could be respectable if not fairly good!! We would have some good size and if Earls plays like the MVP of the Juco Tourney, our overall ballhandling should improve!! I think next year Coach W will be a lot less conservative and turn these guys loose and let them play. If these guys are turned loose, I could easily see 18 wins next year if not more!!!
12-13-2005 11:12 AM
jfisher Offline
1st String

I Root For:

There are a few folks over there using a broad brush to paint all the members of this team. I obviously don't agree with that approach!! Some fans may have had higher expectations, why I don't know, but they will continue to be disappointed as the team contiues to improve. You even have to have a little sense of humor during these struggling times, not be critical of every player. I still think we may have at least 3 pretty good building blocks for a brighter future, now we need a semi star to go with Reese. For all we know that maybe Hall or Mclean. This isn't going to happen overnight. If someone has a bad night, I don't mind that being mentioned, but let's throw away the broad brush!!
12-14-2005 10:31 AM
Advertisement

Nevadanatural Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulsa

Good post. I agree about the broad brush approach. I think we have some talented kids on this team but they are very young and trying to learn a new system from a first year head coach. There has been lots of complaining about James and McDade and questioning their ability, folks need to remember that they are only sophomores. They've only played one year and 7 games of D-1 ball and they are already on their third head coach. The player that puzzles me the most is Anthony. Anthony has talent, particularly on offense, but seems to get into funks where nothing goes right. He has been getting more rebounds this year but losing them because he's not holding the ball well and his free throws are going bad again. I hope we see him get comfortable with the system and have the type of senior year he's capable of.

I really hope this team learns each other's moves soon and starts to run more, we really look good when there is a good outlet pass and players hustle down court. Our turnovers seem to mostly come when we're in a half-court game.
12-15-2005 12:20 PM
richardm Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Sounds like a good win today against Southern.

It's getting harder and harder to be an overseas fan. Most schools nowadays are charging for online radio, but I do find some once in a while. I listened to the Lamar broadcast. I thought we could have beat Billy's team this year 'cause he doesn't have anyone on his team named Bingo, Bongo, or Bozo.

The amazing thing to me is how far and how fast the program has fallen. The downslide must have started during MJ's roomate's tenure. I don't think it could have happened so fast otherwise.

But it doesn't do any good to point fingers or place blame. Looks like they are in good hands at present.
12-20-2005 02:16 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.