Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

As our time here comes to an end…
Bookmark and Share
NMSUIndyAg Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NMSU
As our time here comes to an end…
I just wanted to say that it has been fun watching this particular group of schools grow. I wish we were leaving under some better circumstances, but we can’t always get what we want. It’s been fun bantering about with all of you, even SammyH 01-lauramac2 Personally, I will still be coming around to see how things are going, and we still have a couple months technically in the conference anyway.

It’s been great!!

GO AGGIES!!!
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2023 07:14 AM by NMSUIndyAg.)
04-29-2023 07:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Outsider Offline
1st String

I Root For: ACU & Tulane
RE: As our time here comes to an end…
(04-29-2023 07:13 AM)NMSUIndyAg Wrote:  I just wanted to say that it has been fun watching this particular group of schools grow. I wish we were leaving under some better circumstances, but we can’t always get what we want. It’s been fun bantering about with all of you, even SammyH 01-lauramac2 Personally, I will still be coming around to see how things are going, and we still have a couple months technically in the conference anyway.

It’s been great!!

GO AGGIES!!!

Personally, it sucks to see you guys go. You have been the heart of the WAC for so long and it just won't be the same. I hope you guys come back and post.
04-29-2023 09:54 AM
RCI Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ACU
I, too, hate to see you go, but understand. The whole conference world thing is confusing, and the future is indeterminate. The WAC could return to glory but I think football would need to play a much bigger role. I know ACU joined the conference thinking of a greatly better future organization compared to the SLC, but here we are still needing building up and losing two key universities to CUSA. I wish you luck going forward, but wish you had stayed around, and the same with Sam. Go show CUSA your prior conference heritage and have success. Best of Luck.
04-29-2023 11:36 AM
NMSUIndyAg Offline
2nd String

(04-29-2023 11:36 AM)RCI Wrote:  I, too, hate to see you go, but understand. The whole conference world thing is confusing, and the future is indeterminate. The WAC could return to glory but I think football would need to play a much bigger role. I know ACU joined the conference thinking of a greatly better future organization compared to the SLC, but here we are still needing building up and losing two key universities to CUSA. I wish you luck going forward, but wish you had stayed around, and the same with Sam. Go show CUSA your prior conference heritage and have success. Best of Luck.

Honestly, with conference realignment the way it is, there is no telling where we will end up! Just keep builiding, regardless of what’s going on around you.

GO AGGIES!!!
04-29-2023 12:50 PM
RT98 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UTA,Tx A&M
Good luck. I will definitely miss you and Sam. As has been said before you guys are truly the heart of the WAC. However I am still happy to be sharing a conference with the teams that remain
04-30-2023 12:13 AM
Advertisement

PojoaquePosse Offline
Blowhard

It has been fun on this board. The new WAC additions, particularly the Texas schools, really raised the posting and content on this board. That's a good thing. And the new schools exponentially increased the quality of basketball on the WAC. Even the incumbents like UVU, Seattle and GCU raised their level of basketball play in response to the new schools. I was really excited about where the WAC was going. I don't think many begrudge NMSU for seeking an all sports conference, particularly FBS, and we got it. The WAC will always hold a special place in my heart. I'm glad to see the upcoming WAC/CUSA challenge. I hope we keep that up for many years.
05-01-2023 10:42 AM
Bearkat21 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Sam Houston
(04-30-2023 12:13 AM)RT98 Wrote:  Good luck. I will definitely miss you and Sam. As has been said before you guys are truly the heart of the WAC. However I am still happy to be sharing a conference with the teams that remain

I myself am much fonder of the WAC than the Southland. It was quick and fun while it lasted. It was nice to see how active this board was while we were here. I hope it continues to yield more traffic from the remaining schools. Hopefully the remnant can make their way to FBS for some familiar foes. Very thankful that it's not a complete goodbye since we'll have the WAC/ CUSA basketball scheduling agreement. Not a total good bye but more of a see you later. 04-cheers
05-01-2023 01:37 PM
RCI Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ACU
(05-01-2023 01:37 PM)Bearkat21 Wrote:  
(04-30-2023 12:13 AM)RT98 Wrote:  Good luck. I will definitely miss you and Sam. As has been said before you guys are truly the heart of the WAC. However I am still happy to be sharing a conference with the teams that remain

I myself am much fonder of the WAC than the Southland. It was quick and fun while it lasted. It was nice to see how active this board was while we were here. I hope it continues to yield more traffic from the remaining schools. Hopefully the remnant can make their way to FBS for some familiar foes. Very thankful that it's not a complete goodbye since we'll have the WAC/ CUSA basketball scheduling agreement. Not a total good bye but more of a see you later. 04-cheers

04-cheers
05-01-2023 07:10 PM
TexanFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tarleton
Wishing the absolute best for NMSU and SHSU!!!

I hope both institutions grow into and beyond their dreams.
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2023 09:49 PM by TexanFan.)
05-03-2023 09:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.