Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hunter Biden
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators
Hunter Biden
I think Hunter may turn into a pivotal figure in the 2024election. So, rather than have mentions sprinkled here and there, I give him his own dedicated thread.

Hunter is ripped by an Arkansas judge for sealing and redacting his financial info

1. Hunter, of course, is suing for a reduction in child support for a child he fathered "around December 2017 while he was still in a relationship with his late brother Beau's widow, Hallie."

'nuff said.

2." Hunter claimed during the original 10-month paternity case that he was ‘unemployed and had no monthly income’ despite living in a $12,000-per-month Hollywood rental and driving a Porsche.

But when a judge ordered him to produce financial records he repeatedly failed to do so and instead settled out of court, the two sides announcing a ‘global, final settlement of all issues'."

Anybody smell fish? Or smoke?

3. "She wanted to know how Hunter can plead poverty while deploying a stable of super lawyers including Lowell – who is said to charge up to $855 per hour – across his various lawsuits and congressional probes. "

Maybe Dad is paying. Or the DNC. Or China. Or all three.

4. "The angelic, blonde-haired girl was born in August 2018 but remained a secret until Roberts sued Hunter for child support in her native Arkansas.

She is the fourth of Hunter’s five children but neither he, nor his parents Joe and Jill Biden, have ever met the child or publicly acknowledged her existence."

IMO, a personal indictment of not only Hunter, but Joe and Jill. This child is kept from half her family, including 4 half-siblings, her dad, and half her grandparents. It's hard to imagine a grandfather who WILL NOT meet his grandchild. The child is proven by DNA test to be Hunter's.
05-02-2023 09:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
RE: Hunter Biden
(05-02-2023 09:14 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  IMO, a personal indictment of not only Hunter, but Joe and Jill. This child is kept from half her family, including 4 half-siblings, her dad, and half her grandparents. It's hard to imagine a grandfather who WILL NOT meet his grandchild. The child is proven by DNA test to be Hunter's.

These are just sleazy, evil bastards. Bad people.
05-02-2023 09:16 AM
Rice93 Online
Heisman

I Root For:
New Orleans Bowl
(05-02-2023 09:16 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(05-02-2023 09:14 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  IMO, a personal indictment of not only Hunter, but Joe and Jill. This child is kept from half her family, including 4 half-siblings, her dad, and half her grandparents. It's hard to imagine a grandfather who WILL NOT meet his grandchild. The child is proven by DNA test to be Hunter's.

Hunter Biden seems like an awful person. IMO Joe Biden sucks also. For this stuff to matter, though, there needs to be clear evidence of the connection between Hunter's shady dealings and his dad's bottom line. Otherwise all this stuff (which I agree has a strong stench) is about along the lines of OMB.

Plus, anybody can have an terrible kid. Watching your kid decline into a drug-addicted mess has got to be up there with the worst things one can have happen to them.
05-02-2023 02:26 PM
Tomball Owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls
(05-02-2023 02:26 PM)Rice93 Wrote:  

Hunter Biden seems like an awful person. IMO Joe Biden sucks also. For this stuff to matter, though, there needs to be clear evidence of the connection between Hunter's shady dealings and his dad's bottom line. Otherwise all this stuff (which I agree has a strong stench) is about along the lines of OMB.

Plus, anybody can have an terrible kid. Watching your kid decline into a drug-addicted mess has got to be up there with the worst things one can have happen to them.

If Hunter is so stinky, what does that say about Joe parading him around Ireland on an official, taxpayer funded visit and housing him at the WH, again on our dime? It's one thing to have a troubled black sheep in the family. It's another to make him a part of your official entourage.

Joe is making Hunter an issue.
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2023 03:37 PM by Tomball Owl.)
05-02-2023 03:36 PM
RiceLad15 Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-02-2023 03:36 PM)Tomball Owl Wrote:  

If Hunter is so stinky, what does that say about Joe parading him around Ireland on an official, taxpayer funded visit and housing him at the WH, again on our dime? It's one thing to have a troubled black sheep in the family. It's another to make him a part of your official entourage.

**** that kid, am I right? Guess his dad should just cut him out of his life, like Hunter is being criticized for doing here.

Turns out Biden’s sister joined the trip as well; a bit of a family outing.
05-02-2023 03:42 PM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

It only matters when it is proven, and it will only be proven when it is investigated.

I think the Biden family's - the entire family's - attitude toward the child is reprehensible. Pay the child support and welcome the child into the family circle.

But I have always felt Joe was sleazy. This just makes it worse.
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2023 03:55 PM by OptimisticOwl.)
05-02-2023 03:45 PM
Advertisement

Rice93 Online
Heisman

I Root For:
New Orleans Bowl
(05-02-2023 03:45 PM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  

It only matters when it is proven, and it will only be proven when it is investigated.

I think the Biden family's - the entire family's - attitude toward the child is reprehensible. Pay the child support and welcome the child into the family circle.

Unless Hunter (who is a disaster) has told his parents that under no circumstances does he want them to contact the family. Who knows. In a situation like this there are so many possibilities, undercurrents that it is hard to make a proclamation about "what he should do".
05-02-2023 04:01 PM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

(05-02-2023 03:42 PM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  **** that kid, am I right? Guess his dad should just cut him out of his life, like Hunter is being criticized for doing here.

No doubt at all that Joe loves his son; not so much his granddaughter. But love is not covering up a child's sins, and it certainly is participating in them.

Quote:Turns out Biden’s sister joined the trip as well; a bit of a family outing.

Not ALL the family. I know of one grandchild who was not invited.
05-02-2023 04:02 PM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

I would not vote for Biden for any reason, but that is because of his political beliefs and stance on issues, not his morals. I would vote for Trump again, but that also is because of his political beliefs and stance on issues, not his morals.
05-02-2023 04:08 PM
Rice93 Online
Heisman

I Root For:
New Orleans Bowl
(05-02-2023 04:02 PM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  
(05-02-2023 03:42 PM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  **** that kid, am I right? Guess his dad should just cut him out of his life, like Hunter is being criticized for doing here.

No doubt at all that Joe loves his son; not so much his granddaughter. But love is not covering up a child's sins, and it certainly is participating in them.

This sounds about right but, again... so many possible layers to this that it is hard for me to condemn another person without walking in their shoes.
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2023 04:38 PM by Rice93.)
05-02-2023 04:37 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(05-02-2023 03:42 PM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  

**** that kid, am I right? Guess his dad should just cut him out of his life, like Hunter is being criticized for doing here.

There is a big difference between 'cutting someone out of your life' and taking them on 'official' visits, especially when he has the reputation that he has.
05-02-2023 05:10 PM
Advertisement

OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

(05-02-2023 04:37 PM)Rice93 Wrote:  
(05-02-2023 04:02 PM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  

This sounds about right but, again... so many possible layers to this that it is hard for me to condemn another person without walking in their shoes.

I've been in his shoes, and I condemn him.

But it doesn't take, for example, experience in running prostitutes to condemn people for running prostitutes.

The allegations of selling himself are bad, but at least (as of now) they are unproven. Hunter's neglect of this little girl, abetted by his father, is known as a fact. We cannot even shift some of the blame to his cognitive decline - this has been going on since 2017.
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2023 06:29 PM by OptimisticOwl.)
05-02-2023 06:20 PM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

(05-02-2023 05:10 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  
(05-02-2023 09:16 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  These are just sleazy, evil bastards. Bad people.

There is a big difference between 'cutting someone out of your life' and taking them on 'official' visits, especially when he has the reputation that he has.

Very quick to the extreme.

Lots of Presidents and wannabe-Prezs had had embarrassing relatives. Clinton's father and brother, Obama's absentee dad, Billy Carter, Hugh Rodham, the list is nearly endless. You don't have to cut them out of your life to manage them.
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2023 06:34 PM by OptimisticOwl.)
05-02-2023 06:21 PM
RiceLad15 Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-02-2023 05:10 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  
(05-02-2023 09:16 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  These are just sleazy, evil bastards. Bad people.

Given that Biden viewed this trip as a very personal one, it makes a heck of a lot of sense to bring his son. There was a lot of coverage about Biden and his Irish roots surrounding this trip.
05-02-2023 06:39 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
When Barrack Obama introduced Joe as his running mate in 2008, there was an event where the TV cameras picked up Joe leaving his house to join a motorcade. As the video showed the motorcade rolling into and out of the Biden compound, the first thought that came to mind was, "He didn't buy this on a senator's pay, and he didn't inherit the money." That's when it became clear and obvious to me that Biden was a crook who had plenty of ill-gotten gains from his power and status as a lifelong politician.

It may be possible to be a politician and not be a crook. But I don't think it is possible to have spent your entire adult life as nothing but a politician and somehow not be a crook.
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2023 07:34 PM by Owl 69/70/75.)
05-02-2023 07:32 PM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

Biden is known for his caring, his compassion, toward the poor, the immigrants, the oppressed, the union workers, everybody.

Everybody, that is, but but his granddaughter.

Even without the influence peddling, he is a pretty sorry individual.

I wonder if the abrupt "final settlement" that Hunter made was to avoid disclosures that could lead to worse situations, such as prison for him and Dad?
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2023 12:09 AM by OptimisticOwl.)
05-03-2023 12:05 AM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(05-03-2023 12:05 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  I wonder if the abrupt "final settlement" that Hunter made was to avoid disclosures that could lead to worse situations, such as prison for him and Dad?

Of course it was. Now daddy just needs to shake down somebody to pay the settlement.
05-03-2023 03:23 AM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(05-02-2023 04:01 PM)Rice93 Wrote:  Unless Hunter (who is a disaster) has told his parents that under no circumstances does he want them to contact the family. Who knows. In a situation like this there are so many possibilities, undercurrents that it is hard to make a proclamation about "what he should do".

If my son had a child and he told me not to contact that child... not to pay for anything for that child... not to 'care' for that child, I'd be more likely to disown my son than the child.

Someone like the Senior Biden's should have sued the mother for 'grandparent alienation' or something and demanded time with the child. The LAST thing people like that (or really anyone) would do is 'abandon' a COMPLETELY innocent child,.. and I really can't believe you'd say otherwise.

(05-02-2023 06:39 PM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  Given that Biden viewed this trip as a very personal one, it makes a heck of a lot of sense to bring his son. There was a lot of coverage about Biden and his Irish roots surrounding this trip.

His son is in his 50's, has his own life and makes plenty of money. No, it really doesn't make any sense at all. It's not as if he's never been to Ireland before... or never before had an opportunity to go to Ireland.

Besides... as I said... when you have the reputation that now both Joe AND Hunter have, it's not remotely a 'good look' to have someone so credibly accused of trading on his father's name and position traveling with the 'official' party.

I'm looking forward to seeing all of those 'tender father-son' photos where they are reminiscing about the family tartan or coat of arms... or the old family homestead. Those pictures should be heart-warming. You know, the sort of things that would be 'front and center' if this were truly a family vacation where he really wanted his son to be with him.
05-03-2023 08:45 AM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

Family vacation? On AF ONE? Are those who worry about Thomas's trips with his friend worried about this.

DDS.

I am more worried about Hunter representing the USA than I am about the marginal misuse of taxpayer funds.
05-03-2023 09:01 AM
Rice93 Online
Heisman

I Root For:
New Orleans Bowl
(05-03-2023 08:45 AM)Hambone10 Wrote:  
(05-02-2023 04:01 PM)Rice93 Wrote:  Unless Hunter (who is a disaster) has told his parents that under no circumstances does he want them to contact the family. Who knows. In a situation like this there are so many possibilities, undercurrents that it is hard to make a proclamation about "what he should do".

If my son had a child and he told me not to contact that child... not to pay for anything for that child... not to 'care' for that child, I'd be more likely to disown my son than the child.

Someone like the Senior Biden's should have sued the mother for 'grandparent alienation' or something and demanded time with the child. The LAST thing people like that (or really anyone) would do is 'abandon' a COMPLETELY innocent child,.. and I really can't believe you'd say otherwise.

I understand this sentiment but my whole point was that it is hard to make proclamations about what goes on with families when you're not in the family.

Whatever. I'm not trying to defend abandoning a kid and my opinion of Biden is clear.
05-03-2023 09:21 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.