Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

...NDSU future AAC member?
GreenFreakUAB Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
...Flug 03-drunk went over this article in his live deal from last night, which floats the possibility of North Dakota State as moving up... but to what CONFERENCE? - this article deals with the AAC as a 'remote possibility' (I would lean more towards the MWC as where the Bison would land) - in any event, some quotes from Aresco - and aplologies if this has been posted elsewhere 03-idea :

NDSU future options...
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2023 05:50 PM by GreenFreakUAB.)
07-08-2023 05:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
RE: ...NDSU future AAC member?
07-08-2023 05:52 PM
Cubanbull1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
They fit the MWC more than AAC
07-08-2023 07:47 PM
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

I Root For: rice,smu,uh,unt
“Where the Bison Would Land” sounds like either an excellent novel or an awful album.

I have already got a half dozen concepts for the cover or jacket art.

Air traffic control: “ahh, Antiquus one eight five two, we will have to keep you in a holding pattern another half hour at least”
Pilot: “snort”
Co-pilot: (off radio) “SNOOOORT!”
07-08-2023 07:57 PM
seurat92 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: St Anthony's
(07-08-2023 07:57 PM)owl at the moon Wrote:  “Where the Bison Would Land” sounds like either an excellent novel or an awful album.

Air traffic control: “ahh, Antiquus one eight five two, we will have to keep you in a holding pattern another half hour at least”
Would love to see something like that. Am surprised the MWC hasn't already plucked them. I wonder why not? NDSU wants to get to the FBS level. If the MWC doesn't want them.....I see no reason the AAC shouldn't swoop in.
It really is becoming,,,,,distance be damned, in college athletics.
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2023 08:17 PM by seurat92.)
07-08-2023 08:16 PM
Thewavefan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tulane
No market and the academics are eh. That would be a hard pass.
07-08-2023 08:36 PM
Advertisement

ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

clt says the boise has 2 restaurants that serve booze, once you clear security. not aac level at all
07-08-2023 08:41 PM
GreenFreakUAB Offline
All American

(07-08-2023 07:57 PM)owl at the moon Wrote:  “Where the Bison Would Land” sounds like either an excellent novel or an awful album.

03-lmfao04-cheers
07-08-2023 10:16 PM
GreenFreakUAB Offline
All American

(07-08-2023 08:41 PM)ghostofclt! Wrote:  clt says the boise has 2 restaurants that serve booze, once you clear security. not aac level at all

...DavidSt on line one for CLT... 04-jawdrop
07-09-2023 10:43 AM
ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-09-2023 10:43 AM)GreenFreakUAB Wrote:  
(07-08-2023 08:41 PM)ghostofclt! Wrote:  clt says the boise has 2 restaurants that serve booze, once you clear security. not aac level at all

clt asks wut?
07-09-2023 10:49 AM
49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
If we add I'd be disappointed if it weren't one of the other 2 service academies.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
07-09-2023 11:55 AM
Advertisement

GreenFreakUAB Offline
All American

(07-09-2023 10:49 AM)ghostofclt! Wrote:  

clt asks wut?

...he is our CSNBBS Boise State representative... ...and Conference realignment guru... I truly think he had some scenario cooked up that ultimately placed Boise St. in the B1G... ...he is all over the 'national' board of conference realignment - well here's a link to one of his posts - actually this one is 'legit', as it is a running deal for actual moves made... (now that I think about it, I have never seen CLT in those parts of the site...)

DavidSt cCSNbbs onference realignment guru
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2023 12:07 PM by GreenFreakUAB.)
07-09-2023 12:04 PM
ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-09-2023 12:04 PM)GreenFreakUAB Wrote:  
(07-09-2023 10:49 AM)ghostofclt! Wrote:  

clt asks wut?

...he is our CSNBBS Boise State representative... ...and Conference realignment guru... I truly think he had some scenario cooked up that ultimately placed Boise St. in the B1G... ...he is all over the 'national' board of conference realignment - well here's a link to one of his posts - actually this one is 'legit', as it is a running deal for actual moves made... (now that I think about it, I have never seen CLT in those parts of the site...)

DavidSt cCSNbbs onference realignment guru

clt says thanks for the info! clt didn't know about any other boards than cusa.
07-09-2023 01:46 PM
ECUGrad07 Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
[Image: source.gif]
07-09-2023 01:49 PM
Memphis Yankee Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
I'm intrigued by them. Now that I'm living in Wisconsin where every one in the state is a Packer fan and a Badger fan, I get their fan base. The whole state of North Dakota love their Jackrabbits. That means something. Pretty cool.
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2023 10:09 PM by Memphis Yankee.)
07-09-2023 10:08 PM
ultraviolet Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
If only Buffalo had wings,
07-09-2023 10:14 PM
Advertisement

Memphis Yankee Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-08-2023 08:36 PM)Thewavefan Wrote:  No market and the academics are eh. That would be a hard pass.

There's no market in Green Bay, yet they have the most storied franchise in NFL history. I don't think you understand it. I really don't.

If there's a team that deserves to move up, it's NDSU. Where they go is anyone's guess. They belong in the FBS.
07-09-2023 10:18 PM
TardisCaptain Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Starfleet Acdmy
The Dakota schools are too far from any conference and will not add to recruiting or TV eyeballs. The Mountain West doesn't want them. The MAC doesn't want them. Smeg even CUSA raised an eyebrow.

The only way the four Dakota schools can get to FBS (before their enrolment drops like a stone) is to band together with the Montana twins, Idaho and a couple of other call ups and make their own league. This would probably decimate the Summit and hurt the Big Sky, but there is no other path for them.

Every time I hear about some writer hoping to get a few clicks by saying "NDSU to..." I shake my head.
07-09-2023 10:32 PM
Memphis Yankee Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-09-2023 10:32 PM)TardisCaptain Wrote:  The Dakota schools are too far from any conference and will not add to recruiting or TV eyeballs. The Mountain West doesn't want them. The MAC doesn't want them. Smeg even CUSA raised an eyebrow.

The only way the four Dakota schools can get to FBS (before their enrolment drops like a stone) is to band together with the Montana twins, Idaho and a couple of other call ups and make their own league. This would probably decimate the Summit and hurt the Big Sky, but there is no other path for them.

Every time I hear about some writer hoping to get a few clicks by saying "NDSU to..." I shake my head.

Everyone is pimping themselves. Boise is the middle of nowhere. They're up for consideration to move up to the P5. They pimp themselves all the time.

Everyone is looking for clicks. Teams move up. NDSU is in a great spot if you're looking for an up and comer. They've been on radar for a while. Not saying they're necessarily the best choice but they could thrive with a bump imo. They're unique in a world were very few are. I like em'.
07-09-2023 11:54 PM
Thewavefan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tulane
(07-09-2023 10:18 PM)Memphis Yankee Wrote:  
(07-08-2023 08:36 PM)Thewavefan Wrote:  No market and the academics are eh. That would be a hard pass.

There's no market in Green Bay, yet they have the most storied franchise in NFL history. I don't think you understand it. I really don't.

If there's a team that deserves to move up, it's NDSU. Where they go is anyone's guess. They belong in the FBS.

You seriously cannot bring the NFL into this discussion. The Green Bay Packers are not confined to just Green Bay, they are a national brand just like the other 31 teams. So I do understand it, markets and academics are the only thing that matters. Boise State “deserves” to be in PAC or Big 12 but they are not. Rutgers was invited to the BIG 10 over many other schools that “deserved” it. Heck in 2004, Southern Miss “deserved” to be in the Big East over South Florida but that didn’t happen. Deserves has nothing to do with anything. Markets and academics are what drives college athletics plain and simple.
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2023 11:59 PM by Thewavefan.)
07-09-2023 11:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.