Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ive not had this feeling since Ellis Johnson
Bookmark and Share
Reggie Favre Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
Ive not had this feeling since Ellis Johnson
Anyone else? This is the most despicable, garbage of a product and coaching job i have seen since then.

Fire Hall!
09-23-2023 08:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

I Root For: southern miss
RE: Ive not had this feeling since Ellis Johnson
(09-23-2023 08:11 PM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  Anyone else? This is the most despicable, garbage of a product and coaching job i have seen since then.

Fire Hall!

The powers that be have lived a life of azz kissing and it won't stop now, Hall is safe.

My dad was an original Big Gold member and had season tickets when uSm really didn't have season tickets...I didnt miss a home game for 45 years and became involved in the Big Gold Club and all uSm sports...but...I got tired of having to kiss the azzes of incompetent people and got away from it all (Later moving to Florida)..

Now, if you think that means i have all the answers, I don't....but I have friends who have had a lotta good ideas thru the years (some are on here infrequently) but they are never listened to. So, if they keep listening to the same people they will keep getting the same results.
09-23-2023 09:57 PM
Golden Fogg Offline
Bench Warmer

It feels like we’ve been bad forever now. I can’t believe we still don’t have talent enough to compete. That being said, I’m not for firing Hall at this point. For one, looking at our last searches, who would we get? Secondly, we need some stability. This constantly changing staff is a problem. I really have no answers. It sucks to, once again, have to wait until next year.
09-24-2023 09:15 AM
oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulane
I really thought Will Hall was going to turn the corner there.
09-24-2023 10:25 AM
FairwayEagle Offline
1st String

(09-24-2023 10:25 AM)oliveandblue Wrote:  I really thought Will Hall was going to turn the corner there.

He did, back to Elloss Johnson.
09-24-2023 10:31 AM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

(09-24-2023 10:31 AM)FairwayEagle Wrote:  
(09-24-2023 10:25 AM)oliveandblue Wrote:  I really thought Will Hall was going to turn the corner there.

He did, back to Elloss Johnson.

'nother good un 04-cheers
09-24-2023 01:49 PM
Advertisement

Eagleyed Online
1st String

I Root For: USM
I said 3 years ago on this very board I had issues with Halls offense. I was told I was very wrong. But, I also still support USM and whoever is coach till the bitter end. Some fans here on the Sun Belt board and elsewhere that are whining like babies actively encouraging boycotts and players to leave need to get a grip on your life. I am a fan of USM and will never apologize for cheering for the team. I will be there supporting the team cheering for even just a field goal if we are 0-11 behind by 40 points in the last game of the season. If that offends you go cheer for some SEC school that has a bottom of 8 wins a season. You just aren't cut out to be a Southern Miss fan.
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2023 10:52 PM by Eagleyed.)
09-24-2023 10:07 PM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

(09-24-2023 10:07 PM)Eagleyed Wrote:  I said 3 years ago on this very board I had issues with Halls offense. I was told I was very wrong. But, I also still support USM and whoever is coach till the bitter end. Some fans here on the Sun Belt board and elsewhere that are whining like babies actively encouraging boycotts and players to leave need to get a grip on your life. I am a fan of USM and will never apologize for cheering for the team. I will be there supporting the team cheering for even just a field goal if we are 0-11 behind by 40 points in the last game of the season. If that offends you go cheer for some SEC school that has a bottom of 8 wins a season. You just aren't cut out to be a Southern Miss fan.

So, if you are tired of losing just shut your mouth, pretend everything is OK, circle the wagons and pretend you are the "real" Eagles fans, while those who want better are whiny widdle babies!?!03-lmfao

I've set thru dozens of games in torential downpours while watching good, bad and ugly uSm games...I never left a game early, up by 50 or down by 50....I've been to Greenville NC, Lexington KY, Tallahassee FL, and Cincinatti OH to watch our azzes get handed to us...I've also had the privelege to have been in Baton Rouge LA, Tallahassee FL, Oxfart, MS, Starkvegas, MS and Tuscaloosa AL, to watch the opposing teams get their azzzes handed to them...

I hope Hall wins the rest of his games and becomes the greatest corch in uSm history...but...telling the TRUTH never hurt anyone and right now we are no better off than we were in Ellossssssssssss' and Hopalong's last years. No amount of sugar coating or telling yourself what a great fan you are is gonna change that, my friend.04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2023 02:35 PM by eaglebeaver.)
09-26-2023 02:31 PM
FairwayEagle Offline
1st String

(09-24-2023 10:07 PM)Eagleyed Wrote:  I said 3 years ago on this very board I had issues with Halls offense. I was told I was very wrong. But, I also still support USM and whoever is coach till the bitter end. Some fans here on the Sun Belt board and elsewhere that are whining like babies actively encouraging boycotts and players to leave need to get a grip on your life. I am a fan of USM and will never apologize for cheering for the team. I will be there supporting the team cheering for even just a field goal if we are 0-11 behind by 40 points in the last game of the season. If that offends you go cheer for some SEC school that has a bottom of 8 wins a season. You just aren't cut out to be a Southern Miss fan.

[Image: EpxFAPfUUAUVetp.jpg]
09-26-2023 07:58 PM
Eagleyed Online
1st String

(09-26-2023 02:31 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  

So, if you are tired of losing just shut your mouth, pretend everything is OK, circle the wagons and pretend you are the "real" Eagles fans, while those who want better are whiny widdle babies!?!03-lmfao

I've set thru dozens of games in torential downpours while watching good, bad and ugly uSm games...I never left a game early, up by 50 or down by 50....I've been to Greenville NC, Lexington KY, Tallahassee FL, and Cincinatti OH to watch our azzes get handed to us...I've also had the privelege to have been in Baton Rouge LA, Tallahassee FL, Oxfart, MS, Starkvegas, MS and Tuscaloosa AL, to watch the opposing teams get their azzzes handed to them...

I hope Hall wins the rest of his games and becomes the greatest corch in uSm history...but...telling the TRUTH never hurt anyone and right now we are no better off than we were in Ellossssssssssss' and Hopalong's last years. No amount of sugar coating or telling yourself what a great fan you are is gonna change that, my friend.04-cheers

I specifically mentioned encouraging boycotts and players to leave our school as the whiny fans in that post. Not just people posting that they want a new coach. I follow some of the team on twitter and some of our "fans" are piss poor representatives for the school for posting crap like that in players twitter feeds. Or even posting stuff like that on these and other message boards.

This is far different from telling the "truth" as you put it. Nor did I sugar coat anything as people can look at the post I made 3 years ago not liking Hall's coaching. You quoted my post. Maybe you should read it.

Nor do I think I am some better fan. I'm saying I won't apologize for being the fan I am. Because multiple USM fans have gotten angry at me for saying I'm going to be at the games no matter how bad we are. Which is my point. They think that's the problem, people actually supporting the sports program. Not the people calling for boycotts and actively encouraging our players to enter the transfer poral and go somewhere else. Those specifically are the people who are whining like little spoiled brats and who need to go somewhere else to be a fan of where their wittle feelings won't be hurt by someone choosing to still go to games and support the team.
09-26-2023 08:15 PM
Black and Gold Battle Umbrella Offline
Bench Warmer

Considering the competition, I think that EJ's winless team was much better.
09-26-2023 08:35 PM
Advertisement

Reggie Favre Offline
All American

(09-26-2023 02:31 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  

This
09-27-2023 08:53 PM
Reggie Favre Offline
All American

I've not seen one post anywhere, where people are encouraging the players to leave. Show me that one.

Hope Hall wins every game he ever coaches here. Pretty sure every USM fan would take that right now. But who would want him here if we keep losing to what is, or should be, inferior opponents / football programs?
09-27-2023 08:58 PM
Eagleyed Online
1st String

(09-27-2023 08:58 PM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  

I've not seen one post anywhere, where people are encouraging the players to leave. Show me that one.

Hope Hall wins every game he ever coaches here. Pretty sure every USM fan would take that right now. But who would want him here if we keep losing to what is, or should be, inferior opponents / football programs?

Here you are yourself coming pretty darn close without actually saying it
(09-23-2023 09:43 PM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  Btw, SBC; All our players are likely available/looking to enter the portal next year. No way they want to play for this ass clown of a HC we have. We have some pretty talented players on our roster believe it or not. Go get em.

Encouraging teams to take our players. Players do read boards like this. Went I went to USM there were players that read the Rivals board back when that was the big thing.

Saying I'll support our team and coach till the end does not mean I care about people saying they want our coach gone. Anyone that wants him gone is fine.

What I do not like actively encouraging players to leave or what you posted encouraging teams to take our players. And also when a player posts a positive comment on social media people trashing the coach and saying he should be fired and asking why players are supporting the coach.
09-27-2023 09:23 PM
Reggie Favre Offline
All American

(09-27-2023 09:23 PM)Eagleyed Wrote:  

(09-23-2023 09:43 PM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  Btw, SBC; All our players are likely available/looking to enter the portal next year. No way they want to play for this ass clown of a HC we have. We have some pretty talented players on our roster believe it or not. Go get em.

Encouraging teams to take our players. Players do read boards like this. Went I went to USM there were players that read the Rivals board back when that was the big thing.

Saying I'll support our team and coach till the end does not mean I care about people saying they want our coach gone. Anyone that wants him gone is fine.

What I do not like actively encouraging players to leave or what you posted encouraging teams to take our players. And also when a player posts a positive comment on social media people trashing the coach and saying he should be fired and asking why players are supporting the coach.

Ha. I forgot about that. But that was not me encouraging them to leave. It was me being fearful that that they will want to leave. And I'm pretty sure no other team/staff is gonna base their target players off of a statement like that on a message board.

If we don't lose to garbage teams like ASU in year 3, then people like me wont throw temper tantrums and have those fears. I will blame the coach, not the fans.
09-27-2023 11:43 PM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

(09-27-2023 11:43 PM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  
(09-27-2023 09:23 PM)Eagleyed Wrote:  

Ha. I forgot about that. But that was not me encouraging them to leave. It was me being fearful that that they will want to leave. And I'm pretty sure no other team/staff is gonna base their target players off of a statement like that on a message board.

If we don't lose to garbage teams like ASU in year 3, then people like me wont throw temper tantrums and have those fears. I will blame the coach, not the fans.
This 2
09-28-2023 12:06 PM
Advertisement

sksmith1026 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: SOUTHERN MISS
I don't know Coach Jeff Bower was 3-7-1 in his third year
09-28-2023 02:57 PM
Eagleyed Online
1st String

There's been a few coaches who have turned it around and many who didn't. One of my main concerns is all parties involved including fans don't do long term damage to our brand by their actions.

I just don't think boycotts, getting mad at players voicing support for the program, or fans who still support the sports program helps, and I think it ends up hurting.
09-28-2023 03:21 PM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

I've seen many uSm HC's come and go...we hit the jackpot with Collins, Bowah, Fedora and Monk...not so much with Hop and Underwood...not gonna mention Ellossssssssssss...while jury is out on Carmody (Like PW, one of the best defensive coaches EVER....beat the Bear and easily handled OP and MSUcks... he was really hurt by NCAA probation he had little to do with)..

Right now, MY OBSERVATION is Hall is in the Hop and Underwood class...and whether Bowah won only 3 games his 3rd year is not relevant (much tougher schedule)...Can't go to the game Satdee but I will be pulling for my Eagles as I have done for every game since I was 5 years old (Heck, I can't remember but maybe before that03-lmfao).

I hope I have a big mea culpa moment and uSm goes 9-3 the rest of the way...but do you think even the most kool aid drinking uSm fans believe that?
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2023 09:39 AM by eaglebeaver.)
09-29-2023 09:39 AM
Black and Gold Battle Umbrella Offline
Bench Warmer

(09-28-2023 03:21 PM)Eagleyed Wrote:  …damage to our brand…
https://www.iliketowastemytime.com/terri...-packaging
09-29-2023 09:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.