Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ACC Schedule Release 10/30
Pony94 Online

I Root For: SMU
ACC Schedule Release 10/30
???? ??????.

The ACC's 17-team football schedule model for the next 7 years will be unveiled on @accnetwork.

https://x.com/accfootball/status/1717921...OBPKLg0WDw
10-27-2023 10:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

random asian guy Offline
All American

I Root For: VT, Georgetown
RE: ACC Schedule Release 10/30
The B12 media deal expires in 2030.

07-coffee3
10-27-2023 12:08 PM
Hokie Mark Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(10-27-2023 12:08 PM)random asian guy Wrote:  The B12 media deal expires in 2030.

07-coffee3

I was wondering why 2030 and not...

...2032 (the last year the newbies get partial shares) or
...2036 (end of ACC contract), or even
...2026 (start of new CFP TV deal after the 2024 CFP-12 extension runs out).

Gotta make room in the schedule for Cincinnati, UCF, TCU, Arizona State, and whoever gets the last golden ticket...

05-stirthepot
Cue Big XII fan invasion in 3... 2... 1...
10-27-2023 12:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Garrettabc Online
Heisman

I Root For: Florida State
That was fast. They likely had an idea how the football schedule was going to work when NCSU flipped their vote.
10-27-2023 12:21 PM
Hallcity Online
1st String

I Root For: Duke
Note the language. They're talking about a "model" rather than a schedule. Is that because they're decided who each team will play each year but can't yet announce dates for future football games or is it only because they haven't gotten further than deciding upon protected rivalries and a process for arranging schedules rather than the actual games that will be played. I hope they will at least announce who each ACC team will be playing in 2024.
10-27-2023 01:38 PM
IHAVETRIED Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisville
(10-27-2023 01:38 PM)Hallcity Wrote:  Note the language. They're talking about a "model" rather than a schedule. Is that because they're decided who each team will play each year but can't yet announce dates for future football games or is it only because they haven't gotten further than deciding upon protected rivalries and a process for arranging schedules rather than the actual games that will be played. I hope they will at least announce who each ACC team will be playing in 2024.

The teams are good for now, but dates are all unknown. Miami and Pitt playing in pro stadiums means they must wait every year to get Miami and Pitt NFL schedule before ACC can release a schedule.
10-27-2023 01:59 PM
Advertisement

Hokie Mark Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(10-27-2023 01:59 PM)IHAVETRIED Wrote:  
(10-27-2023 01:38 PM)Hallcity Wrote:  Note the language. They're talking about a "model" rather than a schedule. Is that because they're decided who each team will play each year but can't yet announce dates for future football games or is it only because they haven't gotten further than deciding upon protected rivalries and a process for arranging schedules rather than the actual games that will be played. I hope they will at least announce who each ACC team will be playing in 2024.

The teams are good for now, but dates are all unknown. Miami and Pitt playing in pro stadiums means they must wait every year to get Miami and Pitt NFL schedule before ACC can release a schedule.

There's an additional wrinkle: with an odd number of ACC schools playing football, that means that each week there must be an odd number of teams on some combination of bye or OOC games - EVERY week. Cupcake games will need to be spread out more (like the SEC already does).

Rivalry week will need to change -- can't have exactly 4 OOC games unless someone takes a bye in the final week, which stinks!
Could we get the Backyard Brawl to end the season...?
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2023 02:12 PM by Hokie Mark.)
10-27-2023 02:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
IHAVETRIED Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisville
(10-27-2023 02:12 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  

There's an additional wrinkle: with an odd number of ACC schools playing football, that means that each week there must be an odd number of teams on some combination of bye or OOC games - EVERY week. Cupcake games will need to be spread out more (like the SEC already does).

Rivalry week will need to change -- can't have exactly 4 OOC games unless someone takes a bye in the final week, which stinks!
Yeah, I wouldn't want to be the scheduler!
10-27-2023 03:01 PM
copycat Offline
Why ask why?

I Root For: Georgia Tech

Also factor in the 5 Notre Dame games a year, and the fact that Notre Dame/Stanford will not be a conference game. Just have ND and Stanford play at the end of year as a rivalry game and that could fix a lot.
10-27-2023 04:18 PM
TIGER-PAUL Offline
All American

I Root For: PITT

Not correct
10-27-2023 06:49 PM
Chris02m1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Syracuse
(10-27-2023 06:49 PM)TIGER-PAUL Wrote:  

Not correct
as the nfl schedule doesn't come out until april or may
10-27-2023 07:12 PM
Advertisement

KRoach11 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Pitt

Not sure about Miami, but Pitt and Steelers play home games on back to back days. I do not believe there are any restrictions.
10-27-2023 08:35 PM
SouthernConfBoy Offline
1st String

I Root For: ASU
The ACC has 7 games with Army that might drop off. And Stanford and Cal might need to have games with Oregon State and Washington State as part of a settlement. Plus they will need 14 more game over the next 7 years because of playing just 8 league games. Some schools will use week zero as FSU and GT are doing next year and Cal and Stanford are likely to use the Hawaii exemption at least once in the next 7 years. FSU and Clemson inserting a dog OOC game the week before their games with Florida and SC is also a complication.

A number of years will have room for more than one week off. For the east coast school traveling west they will probably want a week off after that trip. I don't think anyone with a Big 10 ooc game can feel certain about those games going forward.
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2023 09:46 PM by SouthernConfBoy.)
10-27-2023 09:43 PM
SouthernConfBoy Offline
1st String

(10-27-2023 04:18 PM)copycat Wrote:  

Also factor in the 5 Notre Dame games a year, and the fact that Notre Dame/Stanford will not be a conference game. Just have ND and Stanford play at the end of year as a rivalry game and that could fix a lot.

Except it can be 4, 5, or 6 games.
10-27-2023 09:47 PM
SouthernConfBoy Offline
1st String

After some playing around I am guessing this for next year:

Date FSU Clemson Miami

8/24 GT in Ire. Off Off

8/31 BC at Georgia at Florida

9/7 at SMU App State FAMU

9/14 Memphis at Syracuse Ball State

9/21 Open California at USF

9/28 at Stanford at VT Open

10/5 Open Duke at California

10/12 UVa Open Duke

10/19 Louisville at Stanford at BC

10/26 at Miami Open FSU

11/2 Open at Pitt at Syracuse

11/9 at ND NC State Open

11/16 UNC GT at SMU

11/23 Char So. Citadel VT

11/30 Florida S. Carolina Pitt
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2023 09:58 PM by SouthernConfBoy.)
10-27-2023 09:55 PM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame

Can't do that every other year as the last ND game then is at USC.

I don't think that series will go away or change, despite the noise from some Big Ten fans on Twitter.

We shall see.

Then, there is the fact that after next year, the ND/Stanford annual series ends.

Will it be renewed?
10-28-2023 07:11 AM
Advertisement

random asian guy Offline
All American

I Root For: VT, Georgetown
I guess this is what they will do:

During that seven year span, each current ACC team will play Cal/Stanford/SMU three times, meaning three trips to Northern Cal. Every ACC team will play every other ACC team *at least* twice during that seven year span and that includes ND.
10-28-2023 11:33 AM
copycat Offline
Why ask why?

I Root For: Georgia Tech
(10-28-2023 07:11 AM)TerryD Wrote:  

Can't do that every other year as the last ND game then is at USC.

I don't think that series will go away or change, despite the noise from some Big Ten fans on Twitter.

We shall see.

Then, there is the fact that after next year, the ND/Stanford annual series ends.

Will it be renewed?

Ah I did not know that scheduling thing with USC. I could see USC being made to play UCLA at the end of the year by the Big Ten, but we will see how that goes.

ND/Stanford will be renewed, I will make my prediction on it!
10-28-2023 12:19 PM
SouthernConfBoy Offline
1st String

Between now and 2030 the 5 ACC schools with possible game continuity problems have the following OOC openings:

UNC - 28-1, 29-3, 30-3
Duke - 24 -1, 25-1, 26-1, 27-3, 28-2, 29-1, 30-2
UVa - 25-2, 26-2, 27-2, 28-1, 29-3, 30-3

NC State - 27-2, 29-2, 30-2
WF - 24-1, 25-2, 26-3, 27-1, 28-1, 29-1. 30-2

So if these parties do not play in a particular year it's because one of them does not want to.

Past this set of schools you only have FSU and Miami, Syracuse and BC and Pitt, Clemson and GT and NC State.

I can see Syracuse, Pitt, and BC going forward in years where it is OOC.
10-29-2023 07:28 PM
SouthernConfBoy Offline
1st String

Here is there length of time a particular series has been played without break to the current year with allowing only for Polio, Measles, Covid, and WWII Blackouts.

123 Years - UNC and UVa
114 Years - Clemson and SC
113 Years - NC State and WF
104 Years - NC State and UNC
103 Years - Cal and Stanford
100 Years - UNC and Duke
98 Years - GT and UGa
68 Years - Pitt and Syracuse
65 Years - FSU and Florida
57 Years - WF and Duke
54 Years - FSU and Miami
52 Years - VT and UVa, Clemson and NC State

Several breaks that show up here are due to the ACC playing an unbalanced schedule for all of the 1950's and through the end of the 1960's. Going to a round robin impacted NC State and Clemson, UVa and VT (even though VT was out).
10-29-2023 08:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.