Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Coogs to fire Dana Holgerson
Bookmark and Share
EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

I Root For: CardiacAblation
Exclamation Coogs to fire Dana Holgerson
Houston is set to dismiss football coach Dana Holgorsen, who had three losing seasons in his five years at the Cougars' helm, sources told ESPN on Sunday.
Houston went 4-8 in its inaugural Big 12 season, which included a loss at Rice in September and three straight losses to end the year. The Cougars finished 2-7 in the Big 12, with their wins coming in overtime against Baylor and on a last-second 49-yard touchdown against West Virginia.
The Cougars will owe Holgorsen nearly $14.8 million in buyout money, but it does include a mitigation clause that could lower the amount when Holgorsen gets another job.
Holgorsen's time at Houston included some bright spots. The Cougars received an invitation to the Big 12, and they went 12-2 in 2021, including a Birmingham Bowl win over Auburn.
Houston is expected to execute a focused search, with sources telling ESPN that Tulane's Willie Fritz and UTSA's Jeff Traylor are among the top targets.
The Cougars are seeking stability and experience as they attempt to build into a competitive Big 12 program, sources said. They were among the four transitioning members of the league, all of whom finished in the lower half of the league standings.
Holgorsen finishes his tenure at Houston with a 31-28 record over his five seasons.

Maybe we can convince them that Ryan Silverfield is available...
11-26-2023 01:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Unionman76 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Coogs to fire Dana Holgerson
Houston football is a death sentence
11-26-2023 03:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

I Root For: CardiacAblation
looking back, I wonder if he regrets tanking that one season.
11-26-2023 04:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

aTxTIGER Offline
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators
Houston would be a horrible fit for Willie Fritz. He would kill it at Duke.
11-27-2023 04:56 PM
Southaven Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(11-26-2023 04:11 PM)EarthBoundMisfit Wrote:  looking back, I wonder if he regrets tanking that one season.

Probably since he lost his QB, King I think, to transfer.
11-27-2023 07:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.