Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Memphis BBQ Festival Battle??
Bookmark and Share
Claw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Memphis BBQ Festival Battle??
How screwed up is Memphis? Two BBQ festivals at once? Are these people nuts?
11-28-2023 02:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Redbanksdog Offline
Heisman

RE: Memphis BBQ Festival Battle??
(11-28-2023 02:11 PM)Claw Wrote:  How screwed up is Memphis? Two BBQ festivals at once? Are these people nuts?

That is nuts and I wonder if something else might be going on,

MEMPHIS, Tenn., Nov. 22, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- Forward Momentum today announced a new BBQ competition to be held in downtown Memphis. The event, which will kick off in May of 2024, is set to attract some of the best BBQ teams in the United States and the world and, with them, thousands of fans to the downtown hotels and restaurants in Memphis. Forward Momentum will increase prize money in major categories substantially compared to previous competitions and expand the competition format to be more inclusive and interactive, with new events and activities appealing to a broad group of local residents and visitors alike.

"BBQ is part of our Memphis culture and a significant draw for visitors to our city. We are excited to continue this rich tradition with a world-class event on the river that will attract the best teams in the world. Central to the idea is the competition, but there is also an opportunity to make the event more welcoming and engaging for visitors. With our experience in hosting large-scale fan experiences, we believe this will be a winning formula," said Mike Smith, Co-Producer with Forward Momentum.

The organizers, who also recently announced a new Music Festival at Tom Lee Park in May, have reached out to the BBQ community and are setting up a high-profile steering committee to assist with the new program, format, and experience and to listen to what BBQ teams, downtown Memphis businesses, and other stakeholders want to see from the festival.

Says Peg Leg Porker Pitmaster Carey Bringle, the winner of numerous BBQ awards over 31 years and whose family roots in BBQ go back generations: "It is with much thought and deliberation that I have decided to join the steering committee as a founding member of this new BBQ festival. BBQ in Memphis belongs on the river, and with Forward Momentum, we now have the means and resources to make that happen. I believe in their vision to bring back the glory of BBQ with the full input of BBQ competitors to create an elevated, immersive experience for fans. I will always cherish the years I competed in the WCBCC, but now, for me and my team, it is time for a fresh start."

The event, still to be named, will take place the week of May 13th, 2024, at Tom Lee Park in downtown Memphis. For more information, teams can contact Forward Momentum at BBQ@MemphoPresents.com or log on to https://bbqfest.wufoo.com/forms/bbq-comp...try-form/.
11-28-2023 02:50 PM
Claw Offline
Hall of Famer

Memphis in May BBQ Festival is considered the World Series of BBQ. This is a HUGE mistake.
11-28-2023 03:23 PM
Redbanksdog Offline
Heisman

(11-28-2023 03:23 PM)Claw Wrote:  Memphis in May BBQ Festival is considered the World Series of BBQ. This is a HUGE mistake.

I agree 04-cheers
11-28-2023 03:50 PM
Advertisement

Southaven Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Will Riverside Drive be open then?
11-28-2023 08:38 PM
Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

The Coletta woman who is calling the shots these days, has it out for the MusicFest and BBQfest people. She wants her own festival downtown that she can control. I think she also wants to close Riverside Dr permanently - so these all may be related.
11-29-2023 03:23 PM
tigerlands Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(11-29-2023 03:23 PM)Tiger87 Wrote:  The Coletta woman who is calling the shots these days, has it out for the MusicFest and BBQfest people. She wants her own festival downtown that she can control. I think she also wants to close Riverside Dr permanently - so these all may be related.

She surely does. She is trying to kill that group. I guess the battle between the two got pretty nasty. She is looking to take them down.
12-01-2023 10:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.