Good start. Davis playing a good game.
12-03-2023 02:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

I Root For: CHI ST, CROWLEY, TEX WES
RE: Stetson game
The two teams are a collective 5 of 26 at the end of the half. Sounds like a poor game of HORSE.
12-03-2023 02:45 PM
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

It looks to me like Jahsean Corbett is definitely the leader on this team.
12-03-2023 03:50 PM
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

This was a really nice win. Stetson was 5-2 going into the game and has beaten Milwaukee, Central Michigan and UCF.
12-03-2023 04:00 PM
Advertisement

Todor Online
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State
Things really clicked finally. After 5 of their 8 losses were 10 points or less the team needed a win. And Stetson was one of the higher rated teams on the Cougars schedule outside of the obvious, like P5 teams and maybe another like SIU.

Much needed, and so good for them to get a solid, 23 point margin stead of being in another close game.
12-03-2023 08:47 PM
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

Stetson was stone cold, but probably our defense had a lot to do with that.
12-03-2023 09:24 PM
Todor Online
Heisman

Yeah, Stetson was ice cold from 3, but shot over 40% overall, so not bad at all. A team with 3 6’11” or 7 foot guys, there was little attempt to take advantage of Chicagos much smaller size like I expected. They seemed content to just keep launching 3’s. I felt there would be a shift where they would start to try something different.

And other than hustle, I’m not sure how Chicago State rebounded so much better. It’s was surreal. Chicago State guys seemed to be everywhere. I’ve never seen offensive rebounds on so many missed free throws.

One thing that concerned me a little is, starting around the 5 minute mark or so, Chicago needed to slow it down more and burn more clock. I’m sure that will be addressed, and it’s harder to do when you’re being pressed. No biggie in this game. But it could have been had it been a closer game.

Stetson has a road win at Big 12 UCF (5-2, 66 NET). At 5-2 coming in, one of Stetsons losses was to #1 NET Houston.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2023 12:01 AM by Todor.)
12-03-2023 11:33 PM
Todor Online
Heisman

Interesting stat from the box score-Chicago fouled 17 times and Stetson only took 11 free throws.

Stetson fouled 14 times, leading to 23 Chicago State free throw attempts. Chicago shot poorer than usual from the line, but the 14 points from the line were big. Stetson was not good at defending in the paint without fouling. At all. Hacking people was just about all they could do.

Not sure I’ve seen such disparity in free throw attempts, with less fouls overall.
12-04-2023 12:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.