Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Is there a chance Clemson upsets UGA?
Garrettabc Online
Heisman

I Root For: Florida State
Is there a chance Clemson upsets UGA?
I like the guys Clemson has on offense (is Will Shipley returning?) and you know Clemson will be loaded on D. Do you think Clemson stands a good chance?
01-17-2024 01:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PAW79 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Clemson
RE: Is there a chance Clemson upsets UGA?
(01-17-2024 01:01 PM)Garrettabc Wrote:  I like the guys Clemson has on offense (is Will Shipley returning?) and you know Clemson will be loaded on D. Do you think Clemson stands a good chance?

Shipley has declared for the NFL. Clemson will have a good RB (Mafah) and some interesting backups at RB. With Matt Luke as the new OL coach, there is cautious optimism that the OL will be better and more consistent. The WR room should be improved with some injured players returning and an expected talent infusion from the two newcomers. The big question is whether Klubnik will show improvement. Most of his issues seem to be on the mental side so we will have to wait and see. If Klubnik can show improvement then Clemson's offense has a chance to be pretty decent.

On defense, Clemson should be good. They will have some question marks in the secondary (talented but inexperienced). Linebacker and DT should be fine. DE is the one spot that could be real iffy.

I think Clemson can beat UGA but a lot of things will need to fall into place. At this point though, I would guess that UGA will end up winning by around 2 TD's.
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2024 04:13 PM by PAW79.)
01-17-2024 01:29 PM
DawgNBama Offline
the Rush Limbaugh of CSNBBS

I Root For: conservativism/MAGA
(01-17-2024 01:01 PM)Garrettabc Wrote:  I like the guys Clemson has on offense (is Will Shipley returning?) and you know Clemson will be loaded on D. Do you think Clemson stands a good chance?

As an UGA fan, I can tell you right now that Coach Kirby Smart would tell you that Clemson stands a good chance of upsetting UGA, especially so if UGA doesn't focus on Clemson. If UGA focuses on Clemson, they can blow them out, IMO. Every team has potential, even the GnaTs (aka Tech). I think Duke proved that to be the case last season: never take a win for granted.
01-17-2024 05:19 PM
Advertisement

SouthernConfBoy Offline
1st String

I Root For: ASU
(01-17-2024 01:29 PM)PAW79 Wrote:  

Shipley has declared for the NFL. Clemson will have a good RB (Mafah) and some interesting backups at RB. With Matt Luke as the new OL coach, there is cautious optimism that the OL will be better and more consistent. The WR room should be improved with some injured players returning and an expected talent infusion from the two newcomers. The big question is whether Klubnik will show improvement. Most of his issues seem to be on the mental side so we will have to wait and see. If Klubnik can show improvement then Clemson's offense has a chance to be pretty decent.

On defense, Clemson should be good. They will have some question marks in the secondary (talented but inexperienced). Linebacker and DT should be fine. DE is the one spot that could be real iffy.

I think Clemson can beat UGA but a lot of things will need to fall into place. At this point though, I would guess that UGA will end up winning by around 2 TD's.

mental side

He reminds me of several Wolfpack QB's who were good but not great and the common thread was mental processing speed. Not that they were "dumb" or really even "slow" but not at top 10-15 NCAA speed. 2 tenths of a second is enough of a deficit to fail against a top 25 defense. I've never seen a QB get faster with experience.

When it came to mental processing speed against the events on the field, NC State's best were:

1. Russel Wilson
2. Phillip Rivers
3. Erik Kramer
4. Roman Gabriel
5. Jacoby Brissett
6. Ryan Finley
7. Mike Glennon

I peg Clemson's faster mental processing QB's as:

Trevor Lawrence
Deshaun Watson
Steve Fuller
Homer Jordan
Tajh Boyd
Woody Dantzler

Klubnick seems 2-3 tenths slower than all these guys. That puts you at a disadvantage against FSU and Georgia this fall. NC State can't replace Payton Wilson so it will not be an issue in the other 10 games.
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2024 05:39 PM by SouthernConfBoy.)
01-17-2024 05:23 PM
SouthernConfBoy Offline
1st String

I Root For: ASU
(01-17-2024 05:19 PM)DawgNBama Wrote:  

As an UGA fan, I can tell you right now that Coach Kirby Smart would tell you that Clemson stands a good chance of upsetting UGA, especially so if UGA doesn't focus on Clemson. If UGA focuses on Clemson, they can blow them out, IMO. Every team has potential, even the GnaTs (aka Tech). I think Duke proved that to be the case last season: never take a win for granted.

You really expect UGa to be focused on next weeks game with Tennessee Tech? 04-cheers
01-17-2024 05:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.