Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

RFK Jr Open to Libertarian Nomination
green Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Miami
RFK Jr Open to Libertarian Nomination
Quote:Robert F. Kennedy Jr. signaled he is open to running as a Libertarian Party candidate in 2024 as he continues his quest of getting on the ballot in all 50 states come November.

During his appearance on CNN Saturday morning, Kennedy was asked by anchor Michael Smerconish if he would seek the Libertarian Party nomination as he is still running as an independent to make sure he can appear on the ballot in all 50 states and in D.C.

“That is something that we’re looking at,” Kennedy said on Saturday. “We have a really good, relationship with the Libertarian Party. I’m going to be speaking at the California Libertarian Party convention. I think it’s next week or maybe in a couple of weeks. And, we’re talking about me talking about me speaking in New York.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...r-BB1hmdJM

SEISMIC ACTIVITY
01-27-2024 05:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
RE: RFK Jr Open to Libertarian Nomination
I told people on this board last fall this was the plan all along and was told it couldn't happen since he's decidedly not libertarian. lol

He's a run of the mill DNC plant to peel off votes.
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2024 06:34 PM by rath v2.0.)
01-27-2024 06:12 PM
green Offline
Hall of Famer

Quote:After Kennedy’s response, Smerconish then played the audio from his podcast where the head of the Libertarian party, Angela McArdle, mentioned the good relationship they have with the independent candidate.

Kennedy confirmed that they’ve had conversations and that he agrees with “most” of what the party stands for.

“Yeah, well, we are talking to the Libertarian Party, and I feel very comfortable with, with most of the values Libertarian Party,” Kennedy said. “We have good relationships. I’m talking regularly to libertarian groups. So we’ll continue to do those talks.”

for kennedy, it's about ballot access ...
libertarians got the infrastructure ...
for LP, it's about 5% threshold ...
rfk got the recognition ...

STRANGERS IN THE NIGHT EXCHANGING GLANCES
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2024 06:39 PM by green.)
01-27-2024 06:37 PM
green Offline
Hall of Famer

Quote:Robert F. Kennedy Jr. is in talks to run on the Libertarian Party presidential ticket — a move that could translate his popularity into becoming a near-guaranteed choice on ballots in all 50 states.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/03/25...r-00148662

WIN-WIN
03-25-2024 07:41 AM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(01-27-2024 06:12 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  I told people on this board last fall this was the plan all along and was told it couldn't happen since he's decidedly not libertarian. lol

here's the tread (me tinks)

https://csnbbs.com/thread-978295.html

this was muh fave from ya ... https://csnbbs.com/thread-978295-post-19...id19194739
03-25-2024 08:04 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
(01-27-2024 06:12 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  I told people on this board last fall this was the plan all along and was told it couldn't happen since he's decidedly not libertarian. lol

I don't think he'll peel off votes from DJT, but then again I could be wrong. The issue that was brought up last week and I'm now starting to buy into is the GOP House Reps dropping.. Right now the GOP is holding on to a one seat majority in the House. If two more drop like it was stated would happen, the House majority switches to Dem and Jefferies becomes the new speaker. During the 2024 election if RFK was to win enough electoral votes that DJT or Biden can't get to 270, guess who elects the next President? It goes to the House and who do you think they're going to put in, spoiler alert it won't be DJT.. I'm not even sure he'd get it if the GOP has the majority.
03-25-2024 08:10 AM
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
(03-25-2024 08:10 AM)gdunn Wrote:  

I don't think he'll peel off votes from DJT, but then again I could be wrong. The issue that was brought up last week and I'm now starting to buy into is the GOP House Reps dropping.. Right now the GOP is holding on to a one seat majority in the House. If two more drop like it was stated would happen, the House majority switches to Dem and Jefferies becomes the new speaker. During the 2024 election if RFK was to win enough electoral votes that DJT or Biden can't get to 270, guess who elects the next President? It goes to the House and who do you think they're going to put in, spoiler alert it won't be DJT.. I'm not even sure he'd get it if the GOP has the majority.

I'm not sold that him running as the Libertarian candidate peels significant votes from Trump. The people voting Libertarian know that RFK Jr. is not a LP member.
03-25-2024 08:15 AM
stinkfist Offline

it all depends on how much traction those PAC $$$ infiltrate in the 6-8 mail-it-inns that really matter ... yeah, PA is one of those...

if he's going after the #neverGroverII crowd (which would lend to rath's point), I wouldn't discount him only spending in those states ... they're the only one's that matter...

#gimmePutt
03-25-2024 08:16 AM
stinkfist Offline

(03-25-2024 08:15 AM)mlb Wrote:  

I'm not sold that him running as the Libertarian candidate peels significant votes from Trump. The people voting Libertarian know that RFK Jr. is not a LP member.

if they actually vote LP, their votes have NEVER MATTERED!
03-25-2024 08:17 AM
green Offline
Hall of Famer

Quote:MSNBC host and former White House press secretary Jen Psaki said Thursday that third-party candidates like Robert F. Kennedy Jr. are a “huge, huge, huge problem” for President Biden’s reelection campaign.

“If you look at RFK Jr., it’s the name recognition issue,” Psaki said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” noting that the Kennedy name was particularly loved in Georgia, which is a key battleground state in Biden’s rematch with former President Trump.

... this is one of the biggest threats to Joe Biden being reelected, is these third party candidates,” she said.

BRAND EQUITY
03-25-2024 08:27 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(03-25-2024 08:27 AM)green Wrote:  
Quote:MSNBC host and former White House press secretary Jen Psaki said Thursday that third-party candidates like Robert F. Kennedy Jr. are a “huge, huge, huge problem” for President Biden’s reelection campaign.

“If you look at RFK Jr., it’s the name recognition issue,” Psaki said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” noting that the Kennedy name was particularly loved in Georgia, which is a key battleground state in Biden’s rematch with former President Trump.

... this is one of the biggest threats to Joe Biden being reelected, is these third party candidates,” she said.

BRAND EQUITY
Her quote was actually kinda a shot at the folks in GA... I found it similar to the whole, "Well they can't get an ID cause they're not smart enough to get an ID"....
03-25-2024 08:50 AM
Advertisement

gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(03-25-2024 08:16 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  

it all depends on how much traction those PAC $$$ infiltrate in the 6-8 mail-it-inns that really matter ... yeah, PA is one of those...

if he's going after the #neverGroverII crowd (which would lend to rath's point), I wouldn't discount him only spending in those states ... they're the only one's that matter...

#gimmePutt

Don't I know it. But I have noticed that several of the ballot drop off boxes have disappeared around here....
03-25-2024 08:50 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
He'll have to run Libertarian without being on the Nevada ticket.

lol. All 15,000 of his signatures for Nevada ballot access were thrown out because they failed to follow the rules.

Actually could be bad news for Trump.
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2024 08:53 AM by rath v2.0.)
03-25-2024 08:52 AM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
(03-25-2024 08:17 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(03-25-2024 08:15 AM)mlb Wrote:  

if they actually vote LP, their votes have NEVER MATTERED!

I'm sure you know those voters believe they smarter than you or I and that's why they vote Libertarian.

They are also dumber than democrats or republicans because at least those voters know their vote goes towards a possible winner. In all honesty the Libertarian view point, or at least what I believe that point should be...I'm a Libertarian. I want the damn government out of my life other than defense and national public services....

in all ways and that includes what goes into my body or what I do with it.

Most of these people that believe they are smarter than you or I don't really want that. They will preach about spending and funds going to other people and this or that. But they willingly accept that government handout when they are on the receiving end. Most want the federal government stepping in to control or help control the things they don't agree with when it comes to body, drugs, crime. Which should be mostly state issues....that's not a Libertarian.

But hey they are the smart voters....

most will vote RFK if he is the Libertarian running for president. Who isn't even close to a Libertarian. Which makes them just like those idiots that vote PARTY (they do this with every vote no matter who the Libertarian is). All the while letting us know they are the "smart voter"
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2024 09:48 AM by WKUYG.)
03-25-2024 09:43 AM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators
(03-25-2024 09:43 AM)WKUYG Wrote:  I'm sure you know those voters believe they smarter than you or I and that's why they vote Libertarian.

They are also dumber than democrats or republicans because at least those voters know their vote goes towards a possible winner. In all honesty the Libertarian view point, or at least what I believe that point should be...I'm a Libertarian. I want the damn government out of my life other than defense and national public services....

You have LP views yet you vote for the 2 parties who are fully against those views?

Quote:Most of these people that believe they are smarter than you or I don't really want that. They will preach about spending and funds going to other people and this or that. But they willingly accept that government handout when they are on the receiving end. Most want the federal government stepping in to control or help control the things they don't agree with when it comes to body, drugs, crime. Which should be mostly state issues....that's not a Libertarian.

Name me a person who doesn't take advantage of the tax breaks that the government gave them. I'll keep waiting for your list. Taking advantage of the tax laws doesn't mean you agree with them. I'd much prefer they would put in the fair tax and get rid of all of these stupid loopholes.

Quote:But hey they are the smart voters....

most will vote RFK if he is the Libertarian running for president. Who isn't even close to a Libertarian. Which makes they just like those idiots that vote PARTY! All the while letting us know they are the "smart voter"

I won't. He isn't a small government candidate, he isn't a balanced budget candidate. The only place he is in agreement with the LP is in individual liberties when it comes to vaccines.
03-25-2024 09:53 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(03-25-2024 08:52 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  He'll have to run Libertarian without being on the Nevada ticket.

lol. All 15,000 of his signatures for Nevada ballot access were thrown out because they failed to follow the rules.

Why would it be bad for Trump, because you don't think the folks in Nevada have had enough of this clown show for 4 years or is it not bad enough for them yet?
03-25-2024 09:54 AM
Advertisement

WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
(03-25-2024 09:53 AM)mlb Wrote:  
(03-25-2024 09:43 AM)WKUYG Wrote:  I'm sure you know those voters believe they smarter than you or I and that's why they vote Libertarian.

You have LP views yet you vote for the 2 parties who are fully against those views?

Quote:Most of these people that believe they are smarter than you or I don't really want that. They will preach about spending and funds going to other people and this or that. But they willingly accept that government handout when they are on the receiving end. Most want the federal government stepping in to control or help control the things they don't agree with when it comes to body, drugs, crime. Which should be mostly state issues....that's not a Libertarian.

Name me a person who doesn't take advantage of the tax breaks that the government gave them. I'll keep waiting for your list. Taking advantage of the tax laws doesn't mean you agree with them. I'd much prefer they would put in the fair tax and get rid of all of these stupid loopholes.

Quote:But hey they are the smart voters....

most will vote RFK if he is the Libertarian running for president. Who isn't even close to a Libertarian. Which makes they just like those idiots that vote PARTY! All the while letting us know they are the "smart voter"

I won't. He isn't a small government candidate, he isn't a balanced budget candidate. The only place he is in agreement with the LP is in individual liberties when it comes to vaccines.

You call it a "tax break" when you get it and welfare, handout, pork, when others gets money from the "government"....

Why aren't you setting an example if you really believe the government shouldn't be giving our tax dollars away? I get it....

it's a "tax break" when the government gives it to you. It's welfare when the government gives to a parent making less money than you and the only reason they get it is because they have a child and falls under a income limit.

Explain to me again the reason you get this "tax break"?

As for the two party system you can't seem to understand....

Trump or at least Trump in 2016-2020 was as close to a 3rd party candidate that's been elected in my lifetime. While I want the government out of my life I know that's not possible. Mainly because of people like you....

that want some type of federal control or at least those controls you agree with. So I vote for the person that fits into my other beliefs or want for this country. One of them will be President.

BTW I take every advantage the law allows me and the first question I asked when looking for someone to do my books/taxes....

are you conservative or bold. I want someone that is going to walk right up to that line and if there's a question on if its a deduction or not. I want the GOVERNMENT to show me how it's not. I don't want to give then 1 cent more than I have to. So if there's a question I want someone bold enough to push it. I understand this will or might get me audited. Willing to take that chance and so far I've never been and I push it right to the limits.

The one thing I never got....

money from the government to help raising my children
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2024 10:35 AM by WKUYG.)
03-25-2024 10:13 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
(03-25-2024 09:54 AM)gdunn Wrote:  
(03-25-2024 08:52 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  He'll have to run Libertarian without being on the Nevada ticket.

Why would it be bad for Trump, because you don't think the folks in Nevada have had enough of this clown show for 4 years or is it not bad enough for them yet?

In states like Nevada Trump is going to need all the help he can get to overcome the service unions who vote as a block early and often.
03-25-2024 10:27 AM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators
(03-25-2024 10:13 AM)WKUYG Wrote:  You call it a "tax break" when you get it and welfare, handout, pork, when others gets money from the "government"....

1st, I'm getting the money back that I paid in, so it isn't welfare or a handout. That is total BS and you know it. That being said, I've never faulted the people who get welfare, food stamps, medicaid or anything else, I've faulted the congress who gave them those programs in order to buy their vote.

Quote:Why aren't you setting an example if you really believe the government shouldn't be giving our tax dollars away? I get it....

it's a "tax break" when the government gives it to you. It's welfare when the government gives to a parent making less money than you and the only reason they get it is because they have a child and falls under a income limit.

Where have I argued any of this point? You seem to be projecting some feelings here.

Quote:Explain to me again the reason you get this "tax break"?

How about you ask your congressman why.

Quote:As for the two party system you can't seem to understand....

Trump or at least Trump in 2016-2020 was as close to a 3rd party candidate that's been elected in my lifetime. While I want the government out of my life I know that's not possible. Mainly because of people like you....

I actually was okay with him being elected in 2016. I celebrated with friends the day after the election. You act like I just hated him from the start. That's not true. It was his behaviors, statements, and constant drama that made me want the Republican party to move on from him. I've been very consistent that I like a large majority of his policies.

Quote:that want some type of federal control or at least those controls you agree with. So I vote for the person that fits into my other beliefs or want for this country. One of them will be President.

BTW I take every advantage the law allows me and the first question I asked when looking for someone to do my books/taxes....

are you conservative or bold. I want someone that is going to walk right up to that line and if there's a question on if its a deduction or not. I want the GOVERNMENT to show me how it's not. I don't want to give then 1 cent more than I have to. So if there's a question I want someone bold enough to push it. I understand this will or might get me audited. Willing to take that chance and so far I've never been and I push it right to the limits.

The one thing I never got....

money from the government to help raising my children

So you've gotten advantages thanks to all of your properties and the writeoffs associated with it, but you are pissed because they didn't pass the child tax credits until after your kids were grown? Now you sound like the old people who fill up the Nextdoor app complaining about the school levies who took full advantage of the levies when their kids were in school.

It is clear now... you just want me off your lawn.
03-25-2024 11:18 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
So he want a guarunteed loss
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2024 11:32 AM by shere khan.)
03-25-2024 11:31 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.