Shots fired in Delaware
Bookmark and Share
Schadenfreude Offline
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Shots fired in Delaware
A Wilmington News Journal sports reporter offers these tweets:

It's hard for me to see Conference USA's sprawl as a positive. This feels like it could be spin from a university that doesn't expect an invitation from the MAC and is trying to sell its current situation.
03-01-2024 05:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ColinApocalypse Offline

I Root For: WMU
RE: Shots fired in Delaware
Lmao. Cope harder, Mr. Tresolini.

The only people that consider a wide geographic reach to be a good thing are the idiots in the semi-pro conferences like Big Ten and SEC. G5 schools don't have tens of millions to spend on jetting all their athletic teams across 4 time zones every week.

Delaware to Kentucky to Florida to New Mexico. Wow. What a cohesive and logical conference filled with regional rivals and schools that DEFINITELY have a lot in common and aren't just recent FCS schools with nowhere else to go.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2024 05:57 PM by ColinApocalypse.)
03-01-2024 05:53 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
It's always considered a better move when one of them didn't offer you an invite.
03-01-2024 06:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Schadenfreude Offline

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies
I suppose it's possible Tresolini is talking to people who are close to the situation (board of trustee members? spokesmen?) but not actually in the room and who might not be up on the latest events this week. I actually think Delaware would be a good choice for us if that's how this works out. We'll see what happens, I suppose.
03-01-2024 06:21 PM
Garden_KC Offline
1st String

I Root For: Landscaping
CUSA's geography sucks but its some of the low major institutions that it signed which really bring it down more.

Sam Houston St.
Jacksonville St.
Kennesaw St.

They are signing smurfs. Next on the list could be Austin Peay and/or Eastern Kentucky.

It's low class..
03-01-2024 06:28 PM
Steve1981 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UMass
Kennesaw State is NOT low class.
03-01-2024 06:50 PM
Advertisement

Garden_KC Offline
1st String

(03-01-2024 06:50 PM)Steve1981 Wrote:  Kennesaw State is NOT low class.

My Uncle got an MBA from there and didn't invite me to his daughter's wedding. Me, my siblings and my Uncle's siblings. My Uncle refused to go but my parents still attended.

On the grounds of cheapness..Didn't want to order the extra dinners.

Thus Kennesaw is low class.
03-01-2024 07:03 PM
Schadenfreude Offline

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(03-01-2024 06:28 PM)Garden_KC Wrote:  They are signing smurfs.

That's how it looks to me as well.
03-01-2024 07:36 PM
Ohio Poly Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ohio Poly
Did UD not already sign in ink with CUSA? Would they be able to flip to the MAC even if they wanted to? Or have to pay an exit fee to do so?
03-03-2024 01:00 PM
Schadenfreude Offline

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(03-03-2024 01:00 PM)Ohio Poly Wrote:  Did UD not already sign in ink with CUSA? Would they be able to flip to the MAC even if they wanted to? Or have to pay an exit fee to do so?

If they have, Delaware would now be in more or less the same position as Western Kentucky.
03-03-2024 01:11 PM
Steve1981 Offline
Heisman

Perhaps the MAC would take their men's soccer as an affiliation.
03-03-2024 01:28 PM
Advertisement

BruceMcF Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Reds/Buckeyes/.
(03-03-2024 01:11 PM)Schadenfreude Wrote:  
(03-03-2024 01:00 PM)Ohio Poly Wrote:  Did UD not already sign in ink with CUSA? Would they be able to flip to the MAC even if they wanted to? Or have to pay an exit fee to do so?

If they have, Delaware would now be in more or less the same position as Western Kentucky.

One difference is that WKU is already FBS, while UD is transitioning and Conference USA is the conference that invited them up to FBS. It's conceivable that ties the hands of Delaware more than WKU.
03-03-2024 06:55 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
Geez, when I saw the headline I thought it was a report of another mass shooting.

Hope the MAC already had #14 signed up....
03-04-2024 10:39 AM
BruceMcF Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-04-2024 10:39 AM)NIU007 Wrote:  Geez, when I saw the headline I thought it was a report of another mass shooting.

I'm inclined to think that the delay is because they have a Plan B lined up for #14, but they would rather have WKU, who is not yet decided.

They would keep their Plan B quiet, because if WKU turns them down, Plan B will be treated like it was Plan A all along, and if WKU applies, there's no point in saying who they considered to be second best after WKU.

But it's not 100% ... is possible that they decided to go with #13 first and just hope that they would have a #14 lined up by 2025.
03-04-2024 10:47 AM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
(03-04-2024 10:39 AM)NIU007 Wrote:  Geez, when I saw the headline I thought it was a report of another mass shooting.

Yep, same.
03-04-2024 11:23 AM
Steve1981 Offline
Heisman

(03-04-2024 10:47 AM)BruceMcF Wrote:  

I'm inclined to think that the delay is because they have a Plan B lined up for #14, but they would rather have WKU, who is not yet decided.

They would keep their Plan B quiet, because if WKU turns them down, Plan B will be treated like it was Plan A all along, and if WKU applies, there's no point in saying who they considered to be second best after WKU.

But it's not 100% ... is possible that they decided to go with #13 first and just hope that they would have a #14 lined up by 2025.

Agree with this. Like UMass, those conversations are probably ongoing in private. But believe the clock is tick and Delaware could get out of it's obligation if done before July1st. Don't know but a Delaware poster on gohens.net heard a rumor to that effect.
03-04-2024 11:42 AM
Advertisement

BruceMcF Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-04-2024 11:42 AM)Steve1981 Wrote:  

Agree with this. Like UMass, those conversations are probably ongoing in private. But believe the clock is tick and Delaware could get out of it's obligation if done before July1st. Don't know but a Delaware poster on gohens.net heard a rumor to that effect.

I would prefer Delaware being Plan B to UConn. But I may be biased, as Delaware is 6hrs google drive time from Kent State. An AD from a school further west may prefer not adding an all-sports add that they cannot bus to and which is not really a travel partner with UMass.

I just don't know whether UD has signed anything they can't get out of. I also don't know what the NCAA's reaction is to "oops, we aren't being invited up by CUSA, we're actually being invited up by the MAC". I'm not saying that the rumor is implausible, just that I don't know enough to say if it is plausible.
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2024 08:14 PM by BruceMcF.)
03-04-2024 12:35 PM
Turtle Power 98 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Liberty
(03-01-2024 05:53 PM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  Lmao. Cope harder, Mr. Tresolini.

The only people that consider a wide geographic reach to be a good thing are the idiots in the semi-pro conferences like Big Ten and SEC. G5 schools don't have tens of millions to spend on jetting all their athletic teams across 4 time zones every week.

Delaware to Kentucky to Florida to New Mexico. Wow. What a cohesive and logical conference filled with regional rivals and schools that DEFINITELY have a lot in common and aren't just recent FCS schools with nowhere else to go.

Delaware has an athletic budget the size of JMU's or Liberty's, or near that. They see the AAC as a potential destination. Why go the MAC when once you go there, you are stuck there for life? I don't see a lot of Delaware fans on their boards dying for the MAC. WKU makes more sense to me than Delaware does, even though I don't think it makes tons of sense from their standpoint either.
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2024 07:42 PM by Turtle Power 98.)
03-04-2024 07:40 PM
Garden_KC Offline
1st String

(03-04-2024 11:42 AM)Steve1981 Wrote:  

Interesting.
03-04-2024 07:51 PM
Garden_KC Offline
1st String

(03-04-2024 07:40 PM)Turtle Power 98 Wrote:  
(03-01-2024 05:53 PM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  Lmao. Cope harder, Mr. Tresolini.

Delaware has an athletic budget the size of JMU's or Liberty's, or near that. They see the AAC as a potential destination. Why go the MAC when once you go there, you are stuck there for life? I don't see a lot of Delaware fans on their boards dying for the MAC. WKU makes more sense to me than Delaware does, even though I don't think it makes tons of sense from their standpoint either.

Except the AAC is falling apart and schools are a prime target.

1) ACC
2) XII
3) Even 2Pac

If the MAC did get Delaware that could possibly open the door for obtaining Temple should the AAC fall apart.
03-04-2024 07:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.