Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MBB: SBC, MWC, AAC, MAC, and CUSA (comparing # of post-season NCAA/NIT bids)
Bookmark and Share
TTT Offline
#SMTTT

I Root For: USM & G5
MyBB MBB: SBC, MWC, AAC, MAC, and CUSA (comparing # of post-season NCAA/NIT bids)
Here's a breakdown of post-season NCAA and NIT bids by SBC, MWC, AAC, MAC, and CUSA for comparison:

MWC (7 bids - 6 NCAA, 1 NIT)
-NCAA: CSU, BSU, Nevada, SDSU, UNM, Utah State
-NIT: UNLV

AAC (5 bids - 2 NCAA, 3 NIT)
-NCAA: FAU, UAB
-NIT: UNT, USF, SMU

SBC (2 bids - 1 NCAA, 1 NIT)
-NCAA: JMU
-NIT: App State

MAC (1 bid - NCAA)
-NCAA: Akron
-NIT: none

CUSA (1 bid - NCAA)
-NCAA: WKU
-NIT: none
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2024 10:22 AM by TTT.)
03-18-2024 09:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Troy_Fan_15 Offline
Sun Belt Apologist

I Root For: Troy Trojans
RE: MBB: SBC, MWC, AAC, MAC, and CUSA (comparing # of post-season NCAA/NIT bids)
AAC Champ: 12 seed
CUSA Champ: 15 seed
MAC Champ: 14 seed
MWC Champ: 11 seed
SBC Champ: 12 seed

AAC at-large: 8 seed
MWC at-larges: 5 seed, 8 seed, 10 seed, 10 seed play in, 10 seed play in, 11 seed
03-18-2024 10:23 AM
MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies
RE: MBB: SBC, MWC, AAC, MAC, and CUSA (comparing # of post-season NCAA/NIT bids)
Nice breakdown guys. Thanks

Seems like all the shuffling left a vacuum and the MWC stepped up and filled it. SMU is gone, so not part of any future bids. But I doubt Memphis will be out of any post-season for long.
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2024 10:48 AM by MUther.)
03-18-2024 10:45 AM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
The Mountain West plays cream-puff western teams to inflate their rankings but they'll be out of the tournament very soon like every year.
03-18-2024 11:18 AM
Dukes_Royals Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: James Madison University
(03-18-2024 11:18 AM)EigenEagle Wrote:  The Mountain West plays cream-puff western teams to inflate their rankings but they'll be out of the tournament very soon like every year.

Maybe they do, but SDSU last year made the championship and that is worth its weight in gold (like actual literal gold because it means a lot of money for the conference).

So maybe instead of dissing them, we should copy them and play cream-puff eastern teams in OOC.
03-18-2024 11:32 AM
Flat Tire 2 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Interesting article on the teams that snubbed the NIT this year including Ole Miss; Memphis; St Johns; Indiana and Oklahoma.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/l...r-BB1k62Bt

You have to wonder if the above teams accepted the bids, how many of the teams listed in this tread wouldn't have received a bid to the NIT this year?
03-18-2024 11:44 AM
Advertisement

MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies
(03-18-2024 11:44 AM)Flat Tire 2 Wrote:  Interesting article on the teams that snubbed the NIT this year including Ole Miss; Memphis; St Johns; Indiana and Oklahoma.

You have to wonder if the above teams accepted the bids, how many of the teams listed in this tread wouldn't have received a bid to the NIT this year?

Wonder how much this has to do with no power teams making the finals last year. Like turning down a bowl to avoid another loss.
03-18-2024 12:42 PM
GreenBison Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall | SBC
(03-18-2024 12:42 PM)MUther Wrote:  
(03-18-2024 11:44 AM)Flat Tire 2 Wrote:  Interesting article on the teams that snubbed the NIT this year including Ole Miss; Memphis; St Johns; Indiana and Oklahoma.

Wonder how much this has to do with no power teams making the finals last year. Like turning down a bowl to avoid another loss.

Yeah was it the players or the coaches? I'd be pissed if I was on the team, especially if I was a senior with no chance for the NBA. I'd want every chance I could get to play one last game.
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2024 01:47 PM by GreenBison.)
03-18-2024 01:46 PM
bigbelly Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: WKU
(03-18-2024 11:32 AM)Dukes_Royals Wrote:  
(03-18-2024 11:18 AM)EigenEagle Wrote:  The Mountain West plays cream-puff western teams to inflate their rankings but they'll be out of the tournament very soon like every year.

Maybe they do, but SDSU last year made the championship and that is worth its weight in gold (like actual literal gold because it means a lot of money for the conference).

So maybe instead of dissing them, we should copy them and play cream-puff eastern teams in OOC.

Here were some of the cream-puffs that San Diego State played in their OOC schedule last season: BYU, Stanford, Ohio State, St. Mary's, Arizona, and Arkansas (which was good last year) going 3-3 against those teams. This season they played BYU, St. Mary's, Stanford, Cal, Washington, Gonzaga, and Grand Canyon with a record of 5-2.

Does that accurately reflect the cream-puff schedule you were referring to?!!
03-18-2024 04:36 PM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison

Boise State didn’t play a cream puff schedule.
26th toughest OOC schedule in the nation.
They played 8 OOC teams in the top 100. Went 4-4 against them.

San Diego State didn’t play a cream puff schedule
9th toughest OOC schedule in the nation.
They played 6 OOC teams in the top 100. Went 4-2 against them.

Colorado State didn’t play a cream puff schedule
52nd toughest OOC schedule in the nation.
They played 6 OOC teams in the top 100. Went 5-1 against them.

The MWC’s NET is high because their teams played good teams and BEAT good teams.
03-18-2024 04:46 PM
All Dukes_All Day Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU, Pitt

Add Pitt to that list as well. Apparently many of the bigger conference teams don't find the juice worth the squeeze financially. My father is a Pitt alum and they received a detailed email this morning about the decision to reject, citing financial concerns.

I interpreted it as a lot of BS, especially considering how much money some of these schools get and will likely continue to get from football media rights. I wouldn't be surprised if all P5s start getting pressure from their conference mates and commissioners to reject these moving forward and further solidify the P4 separation future.
03-18-2024 05:09 PM
Advertisement

Porcine Offline
1st String

I Root For: Arkansas, SBC
(03-18-2024 05:09 PM)All Dukes_All Day Wrote:  

Add Pitt to that list as well. Apparently many of the bigger conference teams don't find the juice worth the squeeze financially. My father is a Pitt alum and they received a detailed email this morning about the decision to reject, citing financial concerns.

I interpreted it as a lot of BS, especially considering how much money some of these schools get and will likely continue to get from football media rights. I wouldn't be surprised if all P5s start getting pressure from their conference mates and commissioners to reject these moving forward and further solidify the P4 separation future.
Make sure the NCAA has max value before they take it over.
03-18-2024 05:44 PM
Dukes_Royals Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: James Madison University
(03-18-2024 04:36 PM)bigbelly Wrote:  

Here were some of the cream-puffs that San Diego State played in their OOC schedule last season: BYU, Stanford, Ohio State, St. Mary's, Arizona, and Arkansas (which was good last year) going 3-3 against those teams. This season they played BYU, St. Mary's, Stanford, Cal, Washington, Gonzaga, and Grand Canyon with a record of 5-2.

Maybe you were responding to the wrong person, since I didn't call them directly cream puffs. Honestly didn't take the time to look them up then, but boy were they not cream puffs. But they were also full of mid-major games and not many P5s from my research.

Kinda crazy though the 4 worst teams in the conference by far played the weakest schedules.
03-18-2024 06:10 PM
DawgNBama Offline
the Rush Limbaugh of CSNBBS

I Root For: conservativism/MAGA

BYU= monster creampuff 03-wink
Stanford/the Ferd= average creampuff
Ohio State= another monster creampuff 03-wink
Arkansas= seriously now, no joke here: SEC creampuff!! 04-jawdrop
I suppose St. Mary's & 'Zona are legit teams. 05-stirthepot 05-stirthepot

P.S. really legit SEC teams would be Florida, Auburn, Alabama, Florida, and maybe Tennessee
Arkansas hasn't been good since Mike Anderson, IMO, and even he flamed out.
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2024 08:04 PM by DawgNBama.)
03-18-2024 08:00 PM
Porcine Offline
1st String

I Root For: Arkansas, SBC
(03-18-2024 08:00 PM)DawgNBama Wrote:  

BYU= monster creampuff 03-wink
Stanford/the Ferd= average creampuff
Ohio State= another monster creampuff 03-wink
Arkansas= seriously now, no joke here: SEC creampuff!! 04-jawdrop
I suppose St. Mary's & 'Zona are legit teams. 05-stirthepot 05-stirthepot

P.S. really legit SEC teams would be Florida, Auburn, Alabama, Florida, and maybe Tennessee
Arkansas hasn't been good since Mike Anderson, IMO, and even he flamed out.

Two Elite 8s and a Sweet 16 says otherwise.
03-18-2024 08:09 PM
BurlingtonApp Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
Indiana opting out is akin to them quitting before being fired. They weren't gonna make it anyway.
03-19-2024 04:50 AM
Advertisement

Pounce FTW Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU - MU - AU
The decision seems especially interesting for Memphis. Dressing for the job they want?
03-19-2024 05:34 AM
freshtop Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU
(03-18-2024 04:46 PM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  

The MWC’s NET is high because their teams played good teams and BEAT good teams.

I found the crying from other leagues (notably the "Power" ones) about MWC "gaming" the system to be pretty funny. If winning a bunch of games against good teams is "gaming" the system then the system is pretty solid.
03-19-2024 07:58 AM
GreenBison Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall | SBC
(03-19-2024 07:58 AM)freshtop Wrote:  

I found the crying from other leagues (notably the "Power" ones) about MWC "gaming" the system to be pretty funny. If winning a bunch of games against good teams is "gaming" the system then the system is pretty solid.

P5 should be rebranded as the Spoiled5
03-20-2024 07:16 AM
Unknownghost Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Coastal Carolina
(03-20-2024 07:16 AM)GreenBison Wrote:  
(03-19-2024 07:58 AM)freshtop Wrote:  

P5 should be rebranded as the Spoiled5
Most of the P5 are the equivalent of welfare queens who accept the culture of mediocrity for checks
03-20-2024 10:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.