Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

SMU's Exit Fees
Ned Low Offline
All American

I Root For: ECU
SMU's Exit Fees
I rarely post these days (work and life get in the way of that) but have not seen what SMU's exit fees will be. Are the negotiations still ongoing or has this thing been settled?
03-18-2024 06:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
SMU's Exit Fees
[Image: giphy.gif]
03-18-2024 06:21 PM
TodgeRodge Offline
All American

I Root For: Todge
RE: SMU's Exit Fees
it is SMU so.....$500,000 into the pants pocket of GaNgStA bOi arresto just as he leaves his job and he signs a $6,000,000 exit fee deal for SMU as he gets into his 'Sclade with Sewell dealer tags on it
03-18-2024 07:22 PM
MeepMeep Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTSA | Arizona
[Image: giphy.gif]
03-18-2024 09:06 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
[Image: 2020_AN_Purina_Layena-Pellets_2894315_99...;width=823]
03-18-2024 09:11 PM
freshtop Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU
SMU has agreed to pay the AAC money equal to their first 9 ACC media payouts.
03-19-2024 06:38 AM
Advertisement

VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
How much were the other's that left exit fees? My guess is SMUs may be similar?
03-19-2024 09:09 AM
freshtop Offline
All American

(03-19-2024 09:09 AM)VA49er Wrote:  How much were the other's that left exit fees? My guess is SMUs may be similar?

When UConn left the fee was $10 mil and they paid $17 mil to depart early.

Houston, Cincy, and UCF each paid $18 mil to depart early, but they will pay that amount over 14 years. Not sure what the time table for UConn was, probably similar.

"Early" in this context is before the normal 27 month notice period.
03-19-2024 09:19 AM
blazerblazer Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB
Now Clemson University is filing a lawsuit against the ACC regarding the Grant of Rights.

Good luck SMU, we shall take your money but you may be on your own afterwards...or a few of us may be joining you. We shall see.
03-19-2024 10:57 AM
freshtop Offline
All American

(03-19-2024 10:57 AM)blazerblazer Wrote:  Now Clemson University is filing a lawsuit against the ACC regarding the Grant of Rights.

Good luck SMU, we shall take your money but you may be on your own afterwards...or a few of us may be joining you. We shall see.

Surely there is a clause to protect SMU from being completely hosed. If the ACC ends up having to do significant backfills and SMU is still getting no media payout for nine years... while new additions like USF, Memphis, Tulane do get payouts. That would be quite the kick in the nuts.
03-19-2024 11:12 AM
b2b Offline
Heisman

I Root For: My Family + ECU
SMU's Exit Fees
It won't amount to 01-rivals after it's split to however many schools we've got in here now.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
03-19-2024 11:59 AM
Advertisement

b2b Offline
Heisman

I Root For: My Family + ECU
(03-19-2024 10:57 AM)blazerblazer Wrote:  Now Clemson University is filing a lawsuit against the ACC regarding the Grant of Rights.

Whatever becomes of the ACC/Big12 it'll be infinitely better than being stuck here.

03-19-2024 11:59 AM
Volkmar Offline
All American

I Root For: U.T.S.A.
(03-19-2024 11:59 AM)b2b Wrote:  

Whatever becomes of the ACC/Big12 it'll be infinitely better than being stuck here.

Impossibility
03-19-2024 12:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nameless Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn

My biggest fear is that all of the “good” football/basketball programs leave (UNC, UVA, Clemson, Miami, NC State, Duke V Tech, etc) and you’re basically left with Big East leftovers (BC, Cuse, Pitt, UL if you’re lucky) the smaller ACC bottom feeders like Wake Forest, The Pac schools that nobody wanted and SMU. There are people who say UConn should jump at a chance to join a that league, but I would rather be in the Big East at that point. I don’t think that would be a very good basketball conference. Would probably be like the current Pac, where 2-3 bids is pretty common with 4-5 being a good year. It would be one thing if it was still a good football league, but it wouldn’t be with all the departures.

Obviously I think Memphis, USF etc should jump if given the opportunity. But you’re basically back in the AAC 1.0 at that point, fighting to get any respect during good seasons
03-19-2024 12:37 PM
CoastalJuan Offline
Business Drunk

I Root For: ECU
(03-19-2024 12:37 PM)Nameless Wrote:  

My biggest fear is that all of the “good” football/basketball programs leave (UNC, UVA, Clemson, Miami, NC State, Duke V Tech, etc) and you’re basically left with Big East leftovers (BC, Cuse, Pitt, UL if you’re lucky) the smaller ACC bottom feeders like Wake Forest, The Pac schools that nobody wanted and SMU. There are people who say UConn should jump at a chance to join a that league, but I would rather be in the Big East at that point. I don’t think that would be a very good basketball conference. Would probably be like the current Pac, where 2-3 bids is pretty common with 4-5 being a good year. It would be one thing if it was still a good football league, but it wouldn’t be with all the departures.

Obviously I think Memphis, USF etc should jump if given the opportunity. But you’re basically back in the AAC 1.0 at that point, fighting to get any respect during good seasons

We all would. Even if you're just keeping up with the top half, you have to move each time if/when given the chance. The alternative is UTEP in the current CUSA, who made no moves this whole time.
03-19-2024 01:06 PM
freshtop Offline
All American

(03-19-2024 01:06 PM)CoastalJuan Wrote:  
(03-19-2024 12:37 PM)Nameless Wrote:  

We all would. Even if you're just keeping up with the top half, you have to move each time if/when given the chance. The alternative is UTEP in the current CUSA, who made no moves this whole time.

I don't think that was by choice. UTEP was part of the WAC, the WAC went to 16, then the MWC split off from that and was mostly original WAC members, except UTEP didn't make the cut then. They were given a life raft from CUSA and took it. Doors may have been slightly open to them later on as a MWC backfill, but nothing for certain from what I can find. If UTEP made a mistake in realignment, it was voting yes to the WAC going to 16.
03-19-2024 03:02 PM
Advertisement

Green Menace Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Hey SMUt,

SHOW ME THE MONEY!
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2024 04:26 PM by Green Menace.)
03-19-2024 04:25 PM
ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
clt says the acc is getting free temporary office space in Charlotte. long term prospects not looking great
03-19-2024 07:04 PM
Nameless Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn
(03-19-2024 07:04 PM)ghostofclt! Wrote:  clt says the acc is getting free temporary office space in Charlotte. long term prospects not looking great

Once UNC-Cheat leaves, the ACC will backfill with UNC-C. At first glance, it will look like they never left!

04-cheers
03-19-2024 07:52 PM
Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
SMU's Exit Fees
(03-19-2024 11:12 AM)freshtop Wrote:  

Surely there is a clause to protect SMU from being completely hosed. If the ACC ends up having to do significant backfills and SMU is still getting no media payout for nine years... while new additions like USF, Memphis, Tulane do get payouts. That would be quite the kick in the nuts.

If any school leaves, we instantaneously start receiving money and gain access to exit fees
03-19-2024 08:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.