Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I got news for ya. Clemson and Florida State are gone yesterday.
Sparty Baby 84 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Michigan State
I got news for ya. Clemson and Florida State are gone yesterday.
The bottom line is that neither Clemson nor Florida State takes its conference to court this far out from 2036 (the date all issues are moot) without a guaranteed upside.

Would any reasonable home owner publicly trash the value of their home and its surrounding neighborhood to all prospective buyers in the form of stating (essentially):

"Regardless of whether this lawsuit is successful, speaking as someone who lives here, we who live here are impoverished relative to our surrounding neighborhoods and the prospects of our lot in life improving over time are nonexistent."

Put differently, nobody intentionally and permanently lowers the value of their own home this much for this long of a time without having a guaranteed upside. I encourage readers to think about how devalued the ACC looks in the eyes of recruits right now when compared to the Big Ten and SEC and factor in the next ten years of this circumstance negatively affecting recruiting... to say nothing of the easily measurable fact that Rutgers will be making orders of magnitude (here, a literal decade) more from their conference than Clemson will barring a change in Clemson's conference.

The guaranteed upside for Florida State and Clemson is that they are going to the SEC. And when they get there, they won't have to worry about Rutgers, Purdue, Vanderbilt, et al laughing at their poverty levels.

So, when are they going? At this point that doesn't even matter because the answer is very soon regardless of which month the Tigers and Noles start playing in the SEC. Taking a conference to court because of how much it sucks to be a member of the conference is not something that was done on the spur on the moment. To sum, Florida State and Clemson aren't risking defeat in the form of making their already relatively bad situation much worse over a literal decade.

To close, I'm not sure how much longer North Carolina wants to prop up a clearly dying league that Notre Dame has been openly treating like a side piece since the day the Irish "joined" this once prestigious conference.

North Carolina - CW Network in Football, Tier 1 Hoops
Duke - CW Network in Football, Tier 1 Hoops
Virginia - CW Network in Football, Tier 2 Hoops (and fading)
Miami - ESPN/ESPN 2 in Football, Tier 2-3 Hoops
Virginia Tech - ESPN/ESPN 2 in Football, no hoops value
Louisville - ESPN/ESPN 2 in Football, Tier 1-2 Hoops (but massively down right now)
Pittsburgh - CW Network in Football, No Tier Hoops
North Carolina State - CW Network in Football, Tier 2 Hoops
Wake Forest - no value, Big East bound or American if they want to keep football
Boston College - no value, Big East bound or American if they want to keep football
Syracuse - CW Network Football, Tier 2 hoops (and fading)
Georgia Tech - I literally forgot they exist. Big 12/American bound in any realignment scenario. No folks, the Big Ten isn't dumb enough to take them.

*Notre Dame - Not a member of the ACC, but ABC/NBC/CBS/FOX in football, no hoops value
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2024 05:26 PM by Sparty Baby 84.)
03-20-2024 05:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DawgNBama Offline
the Rush Limbaugh of CSNBBS

I Root For: conservativism/MAGA
RE: I got news for ya. Clemson and Florida State are gone yesterday.
(03-20-2024 05:07 PM)Sparty Baby 84 Wrote:  The bottom line is that neither Clemson nor Florida State takes its conference to court this far out from 2036 (the date all issues are moot) without a guaranteed upside.

Would any reasonable home owner publicly trash the value of their home and its surrounding neighborhood to all prospective buyers in the form of stating (essentially):

"Regardless of whether this lawsuit is successful, speaking as someone who lives here, we who live here are impoverished relative to our surrounding neighborhoods and the prospects of our lot in life improving over time are nonexistent."

Put differently, nobody intentionally and permanently lowers the value of their own home this much for this long of a time without having a guaranteed upside. I encourage readers to think about how devalued the ACC looks in the eyes of recruits right now when compared to the Big Ten and SEC and factor in the next ten years of this circumstance negatively affecting recruiting... to say nothing of the easily measurable fact that Rutgers will be making orders of magnitude (here, a literal decade) more from their conference than Clemson will barring a change in Clemson's conference.

The guaranteed upside for Florida State and Clemson is that they are going to the SEC. And when they get there, they won't have to worry about Rutgers, Purdue, Vanderbilt, et al laughing at their poverty levels.

So, when are they going? At this point that doesn't even matter because the answer is very soon regardless of which month the Tigers and Noles start playing in the SEC. Taking a conference to court because of how much it sucks to be a member of the conference is not something that was done on the spur on the moment. To sum, Florida State and Clemson aren't risking defeat in the form of making their already relatively bad situation much worse over a literal decade.

To close, I'm not sure how much longer North Carolina wants to prop up a clearly dying league that Notre Dame has been openly treating like a side piece since the day the Irish "joined" this once prestigious conference.

Louisville - ESPN/ESPN 2 in Football, Tier 1-2 Hoops (but massively down right now)
Wake Forest - no value, Big East bound or American if they want to keep football
Boston College - no value, Big East bound or American if they want to keep football
Georgia Tech - I literally forgot they exist. Big 12/American bound in any realignment scenario. No folks, the Big Ten isn't dumb enough to take them.

*Notre Dame - Not a member of the ACC, but ABC/NBC/CBS/FOX in football, no hoops value

You sure about that?? #Marketz
03-20-2024 05:37 PM
Garrettabc Online
Heisman

I Root For: Florida State
(03-20-2024 05:07 PM)Sparty Baby 84 Wrote:  The bottom line is that neither Clemson nor Florida State takes its conference to court this far out from 2036 (the date all issues are moot) without a guaranteed upside.

The bolded statement is one of the big ones that can't be fixed with suing. Also bye-bye to better bowl games, I'm sure local businesses will be losing millions, season ticket prices will devalue, games that would have been on ABC/ESPN will be moved over to a lesser network and of course, the college football playoff payout will be less.

Is this a fight worth fighting from the ACC's standpoint? Shoulda just paid FSU and Clemson their value and come on this board to vent.
03-20-2024 05:43 PM
Sparty Baby 84 Offline
Bench Warmer

(03-20-2024 05:43 PM)Garrettabc Wrote:  

The bolded statement is one of the big ones that can't be fixed with suing. Also bye-bye to better bowl games, I'm sure local businesses will be losing millions, season ticket prices will devalue, games that would have been on ABC/ESPN will be moved over to a lesser network and of course, the college football playoff payout will be less.

Is this a fight worth fighting from the ACC's standpoint? Shoulda just paid FSU and Clemson their value and come on this board to vent.

Well said. I agree with all of your reply. This just further hammers home the fact that Florida State and Clemson wouldn't be consciously devaluing their current league to this extreme degree without having a guaranteed upside (the SEC.... Big Ten wouldn't take Clemson, so this is clearly about these two joining the SEC).
03-20-2024 05:49 PM
esayem Online
Hark The Sound!

I Root For: Olde Ironclad

lol recruits want 2 things: NIL and to play. They don’t give a flying French about the media or playoff payout to the front office
03-20-2024 06:07 PM
Advertisement

Sparty Baby 84 Offline
Bench Warmer

(03-20-2024 06:07 PM)esayem Wrote:  

lol recruits want 2 things: NIL and to play. They don’t give a flying French about the media or playoff payout to the front office

Heels, your CW Network-level take notwithstanding (I ignored it just as I do with CW Network programming) are you joining the Big Ten or the SEC?
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2024 06:16 PM by Sparty Baby 84.)
03-20-2024 06:16 PM
Garrettabc Online
Heisman

And then the best of those 3rd and 4th year players can transfer to the B1G and SEC.
03-20-2024 06:20 PM
esayem Online
Hark The Sound!

(03-20-2024 06:20 PM)Garrettabc Wrote:  

And then the best of those 3rd and 4th year players can transfer to the B1G and SEC.

NIL has nothing to do with media payouts, surely you know that?
03-20-2024 06:35 PM
esayem Online
Hark The Sound!

(03-20-2024 06:16 PM)Sparty Baby 84 Wrote:  

Heels, your CW Network-level take notwithstanding (I ignored it just as I do with CW Network programming) are you joining the Big Ten or the SEC?

Has MSU disabled your new coach's Zoom account?
03-20-2024 06:36 PM
Advertisement

Gamenole Offline
All American

I Root For: S Carolina & Fla State
Yesterday can't come soon enough!
03-20-2024 06:42 PM
Garrettabc Online
Heisman

Wow! Sparty, your rep points just sank like a zeppelin full of led.
03-20-2024 06:44 PM
Sparty Baby 84 Offline
Bench Warmer

(03-20-2024 06:36 PM)esayem Wrote:  

No, he uses that Zoom account to teach fake classes. He learned that side hustle from some school named after getting something stuck on their foot. I can't remember which school though. But the NCAA told me its not cheating if you involve enough people in the cheating that aren't subject to the jurisdiction of the governing body tasked with enforcing the cheating. I'm sure the fact that the top NCAA cop went to the school that stepped in something had nothing to do with this wild summation of what is and isn't cheating in their eyes.
03-20-2024 06:47 PM
esayem Online
Hark The Sound!

(03-20-2024 06:47 PM)Sparty Baby 84 Wrote:  
(03-20-2024 06:36 PM)esayem Wrote:  
(03-20-2024 05:43 PM)Garrettabc Wrote:  The bolded statement is one of the big ones that can't be fixed with suing. Also bye-bye to better bowl games, I'm sure local businesses will be losing millions, season ticket prices will devalue, games that would have been on ABC/ESPN will be moved over to a lesser network and of course, the college football playoff payout will be less.

No, he uses that Zoom account to teach fake classes. He learned that side hustle from some school named after getting something stuck on their foot. I can't remember which school though. But the NCAA told me its not cheating if you involve enough people in the cheating that aren't subject to the jurisdiction of the governing body tasked with enforcing the cheating. I'm sure the fact that the top NCAA cop went to the school that stepped in something had nothing to do with this wild summation of what is and isn't cheating in their eyes.

Correct, there was no cheating according to the NCAA.

[Image: raw]
03-20-2024 06:51 PM
Advertisement

Gitanole Offline
Barista

News, is it?

Golly. 07-coffee3
03-20-2024 07:06 PM
random asian guy Offline
All American

I Root For: VT, Georgetown

FSU and Clemson are most likely going to the B10.
03-20-2024 07:32 PM
bryanw1995 Offline
+12 Hackmaster

I Root For: A&M
(03-20-2024 06:44 PM)Garrettabc Wrote:  Wow! Sparty, your rep points just sank like a zeppelin full of led.

Like the Led Zepplin? Oh, the humanity!

He does like to stoke controversy, though some of this OP in this thread is interesting.

@SpartyBaby: I don't think that Purdue is laughing at FSU at all, FSU still pulls in $30m + more than Purdue, alleged "2nd rate Conference" status notwithstanding. Purdue and schools like it should be focused on keeping up in the arm$ race, they don't have any reason to look at anybody else. And that goes for A&M and MSU, too, we all have our own problems and have plenty on our plate as it is. At the end of the day, FSU, UNC, and others will do what's in their best interest, and it will have little effect on us other than perhaps forcing our Presidents to give a thumbs up or thumbs down on their candidacy. I know which way my President is voting.
03-20-2024 08:59 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(03-20-2024 05:49 PM)Sparty Baby 84 Wrote:  

Well said. I agree with all of your reply. This just further hammers home the fact that Florida State and Clemson wouldn't be consciously devaluing their current league to this extreme degree without having a guaranteed upside (the SEC.... Big Ten wouldn't take Clemson, so this is clearly about these two joining the SEC).

You know--The SEC and Big 10 just did that by dictating terms. FSU is merely repeating what Petititti and Sankey have made clear.
03-20-2024 09:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.